Zach Wants Help...But Wont Help??? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach Wants Help...But Wont Help???

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Z. Thomas isn't even in the top 10 MLB IMO, let alone the top 5....

Put him on another team, one without DT's like the ones we have, and he's nothing compared to what he is here behind Bowens and Chester.

Those are just the facts amigo..... :D

Actually, according to the statistics, there is only one other LB who is better than ZT and that's Ray Lewis. ESPN did a break down of all the LB's in the game about mid-way through last season which analyzed their performances over the last couple of years, and Zach was consistently rated right behind Lewis. Not only was he rated right behind him, he was the only other LB in the game who came close to Lewis in virtually every category. If you want to argue Spikes or Urlacher you'd be way off as they both ranked near 9-12 in most categories.

In other words, your opinion not withstanding, Zach IS one the top LB's in the league, period.

BTW: You're starting to sound just like a Fiedler hater, only now your disdain is directed towards ZT, careful.

Expo...

I'm not ready to run Zach out of town...but I am willing
to consider the possibility that he might be a bit overrated.

Remember our system is designed to get Zach a ton of tackles.
Is he top 10 mlb...yeah probably?

However, given the option I'm not sure we wouldn't be better of with a Brooking (I know he signed), Spikes, etc.

Again, I am not saying we should kick him to the curb...but if he decides to play hardball on the contract extension, the Dolphins at least owe it to their fans to investigate other options.

Just throwing up their hands and saying Zach won't renegotiate...so we can't do anything in free agency is not acceptible.

Re: Expo...

Originally posted by RHoffman
I'm not ready to run Zach out of town...but I am willing
to consider the possibility that he might be a bit overrated.

Remember our system is designed to get Zach a ton of tackles.
Is he top 10 mlb...yeah probably?

However, given the option I'm not sure we wouldn't be better of with a Brooking (I know he signed), Spikes, etc.

Again, I am not saying we should kick him to the curb...but if he decides to play hardball on the contract extension, the Dolphins at least owe it to their fans to investigate other options.

Just throwing up their hands and saying Zach won't renegotiate...so we can't do anything in free agency is not acceptible.

I agree with you..

He has alot of tackles because our system is designed to drive everyone into him basically, if you take away two big men upfront he wont be able to fight off someone to make the tackle like Urlacher or Lewis or Brooking. He cant coveer people in the back field and the TE's destroy him 80% of the time. He is top 10 forsure, but if you take him and put him on many other teams he will fade away.

Zach has not refused to restructure. He has refused what has been offered so far. I think what somebody said about us having more money after we get rid of Gardeners cap space is an area we can work. Maybe instead of a huge signing bonus, we can guarantee a larger salary next year for a little help restructuring) this year. I'm no capologist, although I do play one on TV.
:gossip:

And I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night

Last edited by a moderator:
Thomas is easily one of the top three MLBs in the league, but he has one of the bottom three agents in the league. :fire:

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG
I have nothing to say about his play on the field. He's been one of the leading tacklers in the NFL since his rookie season.
PHINZ RULE!!!!

It would be nice if most of those tackles were not from behind.

Again Thomas is being asked to sign a contract extension and not restructure his contract. There is a huge difference between the two.

As I posted above I think Zach wants to finish his current contract with Miami this year and test the free agent marktet next year.

Back
Top Bottom