Zach! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach!

Majpain said:
What ticks me off is NFL.com doesnt have a catagory for most TACKLES in a Game,Season or Career.

Tackles is not an official stat

Zach is the champion. May he continue to conquer mercilessly.

The difference between Zack and Lewis (Besides the SB) is that Zack isnt loud. He isnt a big talker for the cameras. he doesn't get all "jacked up" for the cameras while the teams come out of the tunnel. Actually all his interviews are done with a quite demeanor and a quiet resolve. He reminds me of the throw back era where guys just went out and did their jobs. I remember how barry sanders used to just flip the ball to the refs after scoring. Same sort of thing. Just an AWESOME player... who shuns the spotlight... and quietly.. year in and year out... flat out delivers.

flip said:
Almost every player clip i see whoever the player is they almost always mention something about like his toughness his work ethic how good he is i even heard one of the players say that Zach's thier fav. player on the team THANK GOD ZACH IS A PHIN!
Im with ya man.:D

Noodle Arm said:
For some reason, when I read the thread title, the theme from Shaft popped in my head (with Zach replacing Shaft of course)

Hilarious!

Who is the man that would risk his neck for his brother man?
Zach!
Can ya dig it?
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about
Zach!
Right on
You see this cat Zach is a bad mother--
(Shut your mouth)
But I'm talkin' about Zach

Lloyd Christmas said:
I'm too lazy to look them up, but Zach's #s are comparable to Ray Lewis. There is no question that when he hangs 'em up, he should be a first-ballot HOFer.

Zach has 1426 tackles (896 solo). 15.5 sacks. 16 INTs (4 for a TD).

Ray Lewis has 1296 tackles (1008 solo). 23 sacks. 21 INTs (1 for a TD).

They've each played 10 seasons.

Brian Urlacher has only played 6 seasons. He has 705 tackles (545 solo). 32.5 sacks. 7 INTs. And 1 defensive TD (off a fumble I'm assuming since it wasn't off an INT).

To compare...

By his 6th season, Ray Lewis had 882 tackles (705 solo). 19.5 sacks. 12 INTs (and zero defensive TDs).

By his 6th season, Zach had 810 tackles (519 solo). 10 sacks. 11 INTs (4 for a TD).

ZT had his highest number of tackles in a season last year.

Majpain said:
What ticks me off is NFL.com doesnt have a catagory for most TACKLES in a Game,Season or Career.

I know. It always comes down to the bottom line. They just don't want to pay for an extra statistician on Sundays.

miami234ever said:
Really, Zach is 2nd all-time in tackles? Does anyone have any lists like all time tackels, tackles in a game, tackles in a season, etc., etc.?

Check out Yahoo! Sports...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/3569/career;_ylt=Ak0J.X8zxWti_CqU.tefi4H.uLYF

Majpain said:
Yes people always mention Lewis and Urlacher even though Zachs 2nd all-time in tackles.Not to mention undersized.Zach best LB to ever play the game.
ive got to agree....i tell my wife(who is a bears fan)that we have the real 54 on our team

Zach is my favorite Phin....he just should do something with his hair. :wink:

Roman529 said:
Zach is my favorite Phin....he just should do something with his hair. :wink:

Hey, he can be wearing an afro or sporting dreads. As long as he's out there pissing off quarterbacks, running backs, or tight ends (*coughs*Antionio Gates *coughs*), I'm cool with it.

Canadianfishfan said:
The difference between Zack and Lewis (Besides the SB) is that Zack isnt loud. He isnt a big talker for the cameras. he doesn't get all "jacked up" for the cameras while the teams come out of the tunnel. Actually all his interviews are done with a quite demeanor and a quiet resolve. He reminds me of the throw back era where guys just went out and did their jobs. I remember how barry sanders used to just flip the ball to the refs after scoring. Same sort of thing. Just an AWESOME player... who shuns the spotlight... and quietly.. year in and year out... flat out delivers.
Remember a few years ago in the first game of the season against tennesee,
at teneesee,Zach picks off mcnair and runs into the endzone and does a freakin somersalt as he scores a touchdown,i was LOL AND PUMPED,
it was my favorite zach thomas moment.

Back
Top Bottom