Zach8111 NFL Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach8111 NFL Mock Draft

zach8111

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Soon to be a multi-round draft

ROUND ONE

1 Detroit Lions Matt Stafford QB Georgia
I think the Lions have MANY wholes and LT being there biggest, but with this being a VERY deep OT class (deepest i have seen in a long time) and with them having the #20th overall pick, I look for the new Coaching staff to get there Franchise QB. Let him sit for this season while Culpepper gets them another top ten pick in next seasons draft and in 2010 will be Staffords year. LB Aaron Curry could be the pick here also but you RARELY see a LB taken this high, not even a talent like Curry. But do the Lions dare to take Crabtree? ;)

2 St. Louis Rams Jason Smith OT Baylor
Everyone new last year that the Rams settled for Chris Long last year after Miami selected beast LT Jake Long. So now that they are in the same predicament as last season, they finally get there replacement for Orlando Pace. Jason Smith is on the rise after an amazing combine and has shown he is the best OT in the draft.

3 Kansas City Chiefs Aaron Curry LB Wake Forrest
The Chiefs cant pass on the best talent in the draft IMO. He fits a big need and is by far the best LB in the draft. He is very versatile and can play any LB spot.

4 Seattle Seahawks B.J. Raji DT Boston College
Now that they broke the bank and signed WR TJ Houshmandzadeh, they probably wont go after WR Michael Crabtree, so they go after another big need and sign a monster NT. He is a hot player who might entice someone into trading up for him. There is a lot of teams that need a big NT to complete there D-Line.

5 Cleveland Browns Brian Orakpo DE/OLB Texas
Were are the Browns? 2007 they were a nearly playoff team, 2008 they have a top 5 pick. injuries hurt them in 2008 but it looks like Eric Mangini is cleaning house. One thing the Browns need is a pass rush from the outside to get some of the double and triple teams off Shawn Rogers. With Rogers ability to get to the QB with double and triple teams, and an outside pass rush, there Defense might actually stop some teams. Orakpo would be a great pick here if Curry is gone.

6 Cincinnati Bengals Eugene Monroe OT Virginia
Does anyone know why Branden Albert was starting at OG and not OT at Virginia but is drafted and plays LT in NFL? Its because Eugene Monroe was there LT and had to put Albert at OG. What a line they had at Virginia. The Bengals lose OT Andrews and Levi Brown cant stay healthy so look for an OT here with this pick.

7 Oakland Raiders Michael Crabtree WR Texas Tech
Here Al Davis goes again! Going for another skill position. Although Crabtree is very good, they have some more huge whole and should take a page out of Miami or Giants handbook and build through the lines first and then add Skill position players. If you dont have good lines on either side of the ball you will continue to pick in the top 5 and top 10 EVERY year. But Al Davis insists to build through Skill Position, much like the Lions.

8 Jacksonville Jaguars Andre Smith OT Alabama
No consistency on the line hurt the Jaguars chances to live up to all the hype everyone was giving them, Superbowl contenders, ha. Although Andre Smith mysteriously left during the middle of the combine without telling anyone and has character issues, he will be one of the top pick this season as he is a talent OT, a bit out of shape but would fit in as a good RT for Jacksonville right now.

9 Green Bay Packers Vonte Davis CB Illinois
Packers have two good CBs in Harris and Woodson but they are always injured and have need some more guys to rotate and a future CB to take over after they are gone. He also could be used as a S for a little while. Malcolm Jenkins could be a good pick here to but it looks like Davis might have jumped over Jenkins after the combine

10 San Francisco 49ers Mark Sanchez QB Southern California
The 49ers need a QB for the future, they have decent options right now but they are about to give up on Alex Smith, and need a future QB. Although I am not a big fan of Sanchez and I think he should have stayed at USC for another year, he probably will be there pick.

11 Buffalo Bills Everette Brown DE/OLB Florida State
Only 24 sacks all year! nuff said

12 Denver Broncos Tyson Jackson DE Louisiana State
With the switch to a 3-4 a big run stopping DE is needed, and Jackson is the best in the draft. Easy pick here is Raji and Curry are gone.

13 Washington Redskins Michael Oher OT Ole Miss
Jensen (RT) is old and has bad knees. It doesnt matter if Oher had a bad combine and struggled with the pass a bit because he would be a perfect fir for a RT for the Redskins.

14 New Orleans Saints Malcolm Jenkins CB/S Ohio State
With Jenkins probably playing Safety in the NFL, and the Saints having bad Safeties and bad CBs, this seems like a good fit.

15 Houston Texans Michael Johnson DE Georgia Tech
The Texans will look to find a DE to help out Super Mario. Johnson is raw but has a ton of potential.

16 San Diego Chargers Rey Maualuga ILB Southern
If the chargers find there brain and decide not to trade LT, they will go after a LB or D-line. Rey would be a great fit in there Defense.

17 New York Jets Jeremy Maclin WR Missouri
I expect the jets to hope for Sanchez to fall OR they might trade up to get him. They need a QB in a bad way. Favre retired and they have Kellen Clemens now, yikes. I guess they shouldnt have given Miami Chad Pennington last season :). If they do trade for Sanchez, I would look for them to do a trade with 49ers and these two pick flop, Maclin to 49ers; Sanchez to Jets.

18 Chicago Bears Aaron Maybin DE Penn State
Bears weak spot on there Defense was actually there DEs. They usually have good production out of there D-Line but not last year, so they will look to upgrade the defense back to a power house.

19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Peria Jerry DT Ole Miss
TB could use a QB but i think it is too high for Freeman (the next best QB) so i went with Peria. Peria is the next best DT and the Bucs showed they really want a DT because they were one of the teams offering Albert Haynseworth over 30 Mill guarenteed money when he was still a FA. It came down to TB and the Skins, and he chose Skine, look for the Bucs to upgrade at DT early in the draft.

20 Detroit Lions (from Dal) William Beatty OT Connecticut
Finally the lines take an OT. Not one of the Top few OTs in the draft but a good one who can play LT. Now they have two young OTs (Cherilus) and can protect the QB a bit better. Still have many more wholes.

21 Philadelphia Eagles Chris Wells RB Ohio State
Philly struggled on 3rd and 4th & short. They lost Cory Buckhalter to FA and need another RB to split carries with Westbrooke who has begun to be injury prone. Wells is a good back to get those yards.

22 Minnesota Vikings Alex Mack C California
Minnesota lost Matt Birk to FA and they are gonna want another beast C to block for AP.

23 New England Patriots DJ Moore CB Vanderbilt
The Pats need LBs and DBs bad in this draft. With all they talented LBs in this draft and them having 3 2nd rounders, they will upgrade there LB core in the 2nd since one of the top CBs are still available.

24 Atlanta Falcons Brandon Pettigrew TE Oklahoma State
If they sign LJ Smith which is rumored to be talking to them, this pick would be different, but imagine Matt Ryan with a good target at TE

25 Miami Dolphins Brian Cushing OLB Southern California
With Miami's new signing of C Jake Groves, Alex Mack is out of the question. Duke Robinson could be a pick and imagine Miami's line with him at LG. But i think Parcells is satisfied with the O-line and wont spend a first rounder on one and will upgrade defense with this pick. Either LB or CB will be the pick. Brian Cushing had a great combine and solidified his first round status. He would be great along side Porter and newly acquired Cam Wake.

26 Baltimore Ravens Darrius Heyward-Bey WR Maryland
I originally said CB here but they signed CB Foxworth in FA so they dont need a 1st round CB, they will look later in the draft for a CB. I look for them to give Flacco another target, especially since Mason is 35 now.

27 Indianapolis Colts Hakeem Nicks WR South Carolina
With the DTs off the board, they will look to give Manning another target since Harrison was released. They have a nack for getting late 1st round WRs (Wayne, Gonzolez)

28 Philadelphia Eagles (from Car) Eben Britton OT Arizona
The eagles will look to upgrade the OT position and they take the last first round prospect off the board

29 New York Giants James Laurinaitis MLB Ohio State
Depending on if Buress is coming back or not, they could go WR here but right now he is still on there roster so I would look for them to go with Little Animal here. The LOVE defensive players and they have a pretty big need for LBs right now.

30 Tennessee Titans Percy Harvin WR Florida
Is this the year they finally get some WRs? Who knows.

31 Arizona Cardinals Knowshon Mareno RB Georgia
With Edge likely gone they need a guy who doesnt dance around in the backfield like Hightower does

32 Pittsburgh Steelers Max Unger C/OG Oregon
Steelers WILL upgrade there line and probably with a couple high draft picks. Max Unger is a great prospect who can play either C or OG. He is a versatile player who will boost the Steelers O-line.

Stop Dreaming! No way Cush makes it our of the top 15 let alone past NE.

Updated again, and i think cushing will fall. others pro days will bring there stock back where is use to be, if he wasnt there i would look for us to go after clay mathews, i think we are high on him too

I would definitely take cushing , but I think is going to be either Clay Mathews, or DHB

pff my triceps are bigger...:crazy:

Good effort dude, some nice picks there.

One thing I will say is I dont think Johnson goes that high to the Texans. Think Johnson will be lucky to stay in the 1st round.

Back
Top Bottom