Zach's agents hope for deal this week | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's agents hope for deal this week

I wonder if this means that they are now persuing someone they DON'T have the current money to sign?

Rosenhaus

One of the local radio hosts in Philly is ripping him for how he handled the Hugh Douglas negotiations...

Its amazing that this guy has so many clients considering his reputation...

maybe they feel he will do anything to get the cash for them...

Personally, I don't know enough to comment...but his reputation is akin to pond scum...

Were I Zach I would resist in restructuring my contract also. How many people out there would willingly take a paycut from their company?

Imagine your boss coming to you and saying "You know bob we promised to pay you 80,000 this year, but we really could use a new server for IT and we were hoping we could pay you 70,000 instead?"

Zach is a football player but he's also a man who wants to secure his financial future. I can't blame him.

Yeah ... I'm sure he's on the brink of living on peanut butter sandwiches. :rolleyes:

How much he makes is irrelevant. He is still being asked to take a paycut. How many people on these boards would honestly willingly take a paycut at their jobs? Yes it is a game but it is a career and a business to those involved.

It is novel to play for less and a chance to win a Super Bowl. But if given the same situation I'd pass.

Besides they have a chance for the Super Bowl REGARDLESS!!

Originally posted by mee
Were I Zach I would resist in restructuring my contract also. How many people out there would willingly take a paycut from their company?

Imagine your boss coming to you and saying "You know bob we promised to pay you 80,000 this year, but we really could use a new server for IT and we were hoping we could pay you 70,000 instead?"

Zach is a football player but he's also a man who wants to secure his financial future. I can't blame him.
this has been discussed...:rolleyes:

Zach is not being asked to restructure - he is being asked to sign a contract extension - that would be cap-friendly. If he does not sign one, he will be a UFA in 2004; otherwise, he will likely retire a Phin

A restructure is not strictly speaking a paycut. And you cannot compare salary structures in sports with the professional world. A 40-year old accountant has just as much value to his company (if not more) than a 30-year old accountant. A 40-year old LB (just an example) has a fraction of the value of a 30-year old.

The point I'm making is you can't compare the two.

Restructure/ Contract Extension you say TomAto I say tomatO its still a pay cut. Sorry for cross-posting ... I'm done now.

Originally posted by mee
Restructure/ Contract Extension you say TomAto I say tomatO its still a pay cut. Sorry for cross-posting ... I'm done now.
I wish I could get a 7.5 mil dollas signing bonus with my paycut ;)

Exactly...39

comparing Zach's situation to you or me...is ludicrous...
the reality is that his situation is totally different....

and I got some news for Zach, if he isn't lucky enough to extend his contract...I encourage him to test the market next year...

maybe what he will find is that teams aren't as willing to pay an aging short mlb who is protected by two huge DTs...

and I like what Zach provides on the field...but the reality is that he is not Lewis, Urlacher, Brooking, or maybe even Spikes, etc.

He is exceptional in OUR SCHEME...If I were him, I think I would take the extension with a fairly nice signing bonus and not find out what the market bears next year...

but thats just me.

Trying .. not to continue ... thread .... must leave it .... alone.

You don't hear the Dolphins pushing Zach to rework his deal...

I respect the team for that...

mee you would be surprised how many people would take a pay cut if it means you get to keep your job. My wife during the early 80 working at a steel company was required to take a 7% pay cut. And this year depending on the elections where I live, If a sales tax of .25% dosen't pass I could be facing a 20% pay cut. So yes people do take pay cuts in the world outside of football

So do you think Zach will be cut if he doesn't restructure?

Back
Top Bottom