Zach's Play | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's Play

phinfan999 said:
last time i knew he only had like 16 career sacks, and ur just noticeing this now, he did have a good game tho tackle wise

Ahh stats, I have watched Zack for years and he could always get good pressure on the blitz and get a knockdown on the QB . . . he has NEVER been so ineffective on the blitz in his whole career.

The truth may hurt some people, but thats what it is. He is still servicable, no question, but this has been the worst start to a season for him, and yes obviously he has lost a step. I'm not here to bash Zack tho, wouldn't be a issue if the offense was clicking, but the OP brings up good points.

Kdawg954 said:
Ahh stats, I have watched Zack for years and he could always get good pressure on the blitz and get a knockdown on the QB . . . he has NEVER been so ineffective on the blitz in his whole career.

The truth may hurt some people, but thats what it is. He is still servicable, no question, but this has been the worst start to a season for him, and yes obviously he has lost a step. I'm not here to bash Zack tho, wouldn't be a issue if the offense was clicking, but the OP brings up good points.

Zack would get pressure on the blitz because he wasn't blocked. Think back and remember all 16 of his sacks. All that I can remember were untouched to the QB. Dom Capers thinks he is working with a 6'4 250 linebacker and believes ZT can take on offensive linemen easily. And it isn't working.

nolefin said:
mark this down zach and jason will not be here next year, too much money and not consistant production, they will be playing elsewere

Hopefully, the new coach will break this team all the way down. Get rid of Carter, Holliday, Traylor, ZT, JT, Wilkinson, all the Olinemen except Carey.

In fact, only keep Brown, Carey, Hagan, Welker...and any other player that has only been here two seasons and less than five in the NFL.

Same on defense. Keep only a few youngsters..Crowder, Rother, J. Allen, and some of the young DTs. Get rid of all those old loser DBs, old washed up LBs and get some young guys who can run and some DBs who are very physical.

If we get the right coach, I think we could turn this around in a couple of years. If we keep this same old, tired, paranoid freaks, you are going to get much more of what we've gotten the first four games of the season.

TampaFinsFan01 said:
Hopefully, the new coach will break this team all the way down. Get rid of Carter, Holliday, Traylor, ZT, JT, Wilkinson, all the Olinemen except Carey.

In fact, only keep Brown, Carey, Hagan, Welker...and any other player that has only been here two seasons and less than five in the NFL.

Same on defense. Keep only a few youngsters..Crowder, Rother, J. Allen, and some of the young DTs. Get rid of all those old loser DBs, old washed up LBs and get some young guys who can run and some DBs who are very physical.

If we get the right coach, I think we could turn this around in a couple of years. If we keep this same old, tired, paranoid freaks, you are going to get much more of what we've gotten the first four games of the season.

:shakeno: :shakeno:

TampaFinsFan01 said:

Anyone wanna guess how many millions of dollars this will put us in the red? Never mind the fact we will be so understaffed this will undoubtedly cause the franchise to collapse.

bjchit said:
Anyone wanna guess how many millions of dollars this will put us in the red? Never mind the fact we will be so understaffed this will undoubtedly cause the franchise to collapse.
As if it hasn't already?

We're 1-3 and we still haven't played a team with a winning record. We're going to miss the playoffs for the fifth year in a row, something that's never happened to this franchise before. We have a 90% of having another losing season, which would make two in three years; previously, the franchise had three losing seasons in thirty years. By the time the offense finally gets into synch enough to play against the good teams in the league, Zach and JT will be collecting Social Security.

We're playing so bad now it's making the Fiedler-Wanny era look like the Glory Years.

ercin13 said:
everyone keeps talking about zach gettin run over by dayne but if im thinking of the same play zach did bring him down despite being ran over.

incorrect, dayne didn't even flinch.

TampaFinsFan01 said:

:confused: I just read your thread of how Saban needs to go, how he hasnt done anything right, etc...You have "analyzed" him and after 20 games you can see how wrong of a choice he is. Now I read this post, and you want to keep Brown, Hagan, Crowder, Roth, J. Allen, and the young DTs (all brought in by Saban. He must have done something right after all???) You also want to keep Carey, he is turning into a decent player after Saban and Houck finally gave him a position, and are letting him learn. (Another Saban decision, that must be right????) You also point out that you want to keep any player that has been here 2 seasons or less. Those are Sabans players. If he hasnt done anything correct after your analyzed him in your previous thread, why do you want his players? They cant be right, can they?
You sound like if theyve only been in the league for a couple of years they still deserve a chance, but yet have determined that Saban should be terminated after 20 games. :rolleyes2

I agree with zack being useless on blitzes. I don't agree that he's not making any tackles. I've seen him stuff guys in the backfield.

I remember that play when zack got runover, but he still pulled him down for the tackle. Dayne is a big boy, zack is a little guy with strength and power. Still, i'm sure dayne out weights zack by twenty lbs. Now, if dayne put a stiff arm on him and kept on trucking, that would be a different story. Jt played well too.

I thought that was pretty ******ed too when JT was covering moulds. But it was more because he was dropping back into zone and moulds came into it. Moulds picked the open spot and Carr hit him.

JT and Zack WILL be here next year. Mark that.

Zach's still there in terms of getting to the ballcarrier. But he's no blitzer. He's better off helping the safeties in coverage because his greatest asset is his field vision. That's just how he works and Saban should stop ignoring that. Bigger guys like Spragan who suck at coverage should be making the rush.

We really need to activate Marcus Vick as a slash player. Special teams, 3rd downs, and trick plays. Just think if we had him yesterday for that 2 point conversion instead of theat horrific left handed Ronnie Brown throwing right handed so called trick play.

Ok I'm sick of these threads. Please did you notice that ZACK MADE 12 TACKLES IN THE WHOLE GAME? 11 SOLO? OMG YOU GUYS ARE SUCH HOMERS.

FinFaninMS said:
As if it hasn't already?

We're 1-3 and we still haven't played a team with a winning record. We're going to miss the playoffs for the fifth year in a row, something that's never happened to this franchise before. We have a 90% of having another losing season, which would make two in three years; previously, the franchise had three losing seasons in thirty years. By the time the offense finally gets into synch enough to play against the good teams in the league, Zach and JT will be collecting Social Security.

We're playing so bad now it's making the Fiedler-Wanny era look like the Glory Years.
I meant as in disbanded, not just playing poorly.

Back
Top Bottom