Zach's tribute | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's tribute

DENVERDOLFAN

Starter
Reaction score
Up here one of the big stories is that the NFL is forcing Jake Plummer to take the 40 (Pat Tillman) decal off his helmet. I noticed Zach was still wearing his last week as well. I don't know if anyone has brought it up down there or not. I respect Zach for continuing to wear it. I believe the NFL really screwed up by putting the decals on the helmets for just one week. It would be awfully hard to remove once it's on there.

thats stupid they should let whoever wants to wear it wear it...its a tribute to a great player and a great human being...they should be wearing it all season long

DENVERDOLFAN said:
the NFL is forcing Jake Plummer to take the 40 (Pat Tillman) decal off his helmet.

That just makes me sick.

If i was Plummer i would keep it on there becasue Tillman was a very close friend to him. They went to college together and they was teammates for a fews years. What the NFL policy is doing today is absolute stupid.

...thats not what i heard. In an article i read, players were allowed to wear it all year. Is it something specific with Plummer/Broncos?

FinFan24 said:
...thats not what i heard. In an article i read, players were allowed to wear it all year. Is it something specific with Plummer/Broncos?
its a NFL thingy
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1892585
read the the ending. Only Cards players can wear #40 but not other individuals.
The Cardinals will display Tillman's number on their helmets every game this season, but individual players, such as Plummer, are not allowed to do so.

To make players take it off their helmets is ridiculous. Its a sign of respect for a man who deserves it and should be worn by anyone for as long as they choose. I would leave it on all year! even if it meant a fine.

The NFL can be such a joke sometimes. This is like when Peyton wanted to wear the black shoes and it was a big deal for them.

"We do that because we need a consistent rule. You can't just pick and choose and say one message is OK but another isn't. Where would you draw the line?" Aiello said.
I agree

I'd get a tattoo of his # or name or something on my arm to protest the NFL's stupid rules, if Pat really wa my boy. put it right on my forearm. SUCK IT UP JAKE, GET A TAT!!

dolphan39 said:
My point is this. Don't put it on there for one week, and then make them take it off. The uniform police are taking themselves too seriously on this one. It's a decal the league put on their helmets, not like McMahon's headbands. If you put it on their helmets, let them leave it on for the year if they wish.

holdhotter said:
that thing shouldve never been on there in the first place
Why? Are you one of those ppl who think ppl make too big a deal over Tillman on account of the fact tht plenty of other "regular men and women" give up alot to join the forces too?

Personally i think it should be 100% optional whether u wanna wear it for 0 games(including tht first one where everyone did) or the whole season.
Sinc when did NFL stand for the No-Nosense Fashion Leauge? (Peytons shoes, Vicks socks, this Tillman decal etc.)

FinFan24 said:
Why? Are you one of those ppl who think ppl make too big a deal over Tillman on account of the fact tht plenty of other "regular men and women" give up alot to join the forces too?

yes in essence

holdhotter said:
yes in essence
Thts cool. I see both sides of that argument. I think what he did was heroic, and should of been acknowledged and respected....but i do think the NFL mite of went a lil overboard on this one as well.

Back
Top Bottom