Zach's young player comments | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's young player comments

bigmiamifan

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
He said he won't play (hard) if they fins throw in the towel and play young guys. I think he's confused, because there's what 3-4 young guys we'd play?

AJ
Hadnot
Carey

Not sure who else who suddenly play to be evaluated. Hardly seems like playing those 3 would constitute an attitude from Zach. I can see if we played all 2nd stringers, but Carey and AJ were considered to be the future. Those 2 would hardly cost us any games when their counterparts have only won one game as is.

I can really see a few games being won with just a few moves and Forester getting more freedom.

I'm just sad that it's two weeks until our next game. I'm ready to see some changes out there!

If Zach wants to sit, that's just another way to save him for next year. :D

I wouldn't mind watching Pope fly around out there.

inFINSible said:
I'm just sad that it's two weeks until our next game. I'm ready to see some changes out there!

If Zach wants to sit, that's just another way to save himself for next year.

I wouldn't mind watching Pope fly around out there.
Pope..or...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaa. :D
( I know it wont happen, but, hey, it'd be cool. )

If Zach won't play "HARD" if this team plays AJ or drafts a rookie and plays him next year, or whatever the case is, then dump him now.

Part of the problem with this team is exactly that sort of attitude that these players have NOW that they didn't have five, seven years ago when they were thankful to be playing in the NFL.

Now they feel they are entitled to it, like it's National Health Care or something.

The fact that not only do they believe such things, but that they are will to publically make those comments shows you right now that this entire team needs to be shown the door.

Especially if you're considering bringing in a college coach, or even a coordinator with no head coaching experience. These guys won't listen. The first time they face adversity or something doesn't work just right, they'll balk and rebel.

Hell, it took multiple trips from ZT and JT to JJ's fishing boat in order to get them "on board" with Wannstedt, and he was a "proven" coordinator and a former head coach and they had already worked with him for a year!

What happens when Saban comes in and they don't like his motivational speeches?
What happens when Childress comes in and his pass happy offense leads to multiple three and outs and no time of possession?

It's bad. It's all bad. This team is in a really horrible position right now and its going to take years. Multiple. More than One. More than a couple. In order to turn this thing around.

And the last thing we need is high priced veterans undermining the young guys and young coaches on this team for the first couple of years.

Patrick Surtain has also mentioned something about not wanting to give people experience.

The problem I have with this is both Zach Thomas AND Patrick Surtain are both people who were given experience at the expense of a veteran. Zach Thomas had Jack Del Rio released and Patrick Surtain started over T-Buck.

We were a viable team when that was happening, D-F D. We aren't now.

I don't like the attitude, but I will take it over them being happy that we suck any day of the week. This also tells me that Dave really had lost control of this team. The next guy will get their respect and cut this out quick.

Plus ZACH is an OAF - it was painful to listen to him speak. I love him as a player, but after i heard his comments, i hope for everyone's sake that he was only speaking for himself and not the other 50 or so guys in the locker room. I believe this is the reason Dave is not with us today(althought i'm happy) he succumbed to the pressures of his players telling him who they wanted in there(JAY). So in order to stay a"Players Coach" he went along with what the majority wanted. Im tired of havng coaches want players to like them. These guys are professional they dont get paid to like the coach, they get paid to PLAY. SO screw it we need a BASTARD to come in, one who takes no shiot....

RancidLunchmeat said:
If Zach won't play "HARD" if this team plays AJ or drafts a rookie and plays him next year, or whatever the case is, then dump him now.

Part of the problem with this team is exactly that sort of attitude that these players have NOW that they didn't have five, seven years ago when they were thankful to be playing in the NFL.

Now they feel they are entitled to it, like it's National Health Care or something.

The fact that not only do they believe such things, but that they are will to publically make those comments shows you right now that this entire team needs to be shown the door.

Especially if you're considering bringing in a college coach, or even a coordinator with no head coaching experience. These guys won't listen. The first time they face adversity or something doesn't work just right, they'll balk and rebel.

Hell, it took multiple trips from ZT and JT to JJ's fishing boat in order to get them "on board" with Wannstedt, and he was a "proven" coordinator and a former head coach and they had already worked with him for a year!

What happens when Saban comes in and they don't like his motivational speeches?
What happens when Childress comes in and his pass happy offense leads to multiple three and outs and no time of possession?

It's bad. It's all bad. This team is in a really horrible position right now and its going to take years. Multiple. More than One. More than a couple. In order to turn this thing around.

And the last thing we need is high priced veterans undermining the young guys and young coaches on this team for the first couple of years.

As long as any coach that comes in makes it clear that everyone must earn their jobs, every week, a turnaround can be done quickly.

We have a lot of talent. If they can be made hungry with the serious threat of losing their job, it can work.

F_ Both of them. If they aren't giving all they can when they are out on the field no matter who is playing beside them than cut them both. I hate to say this but this kind of attitude is what kills a team and they need new blood in there because Wanny probably knew it was like this and didn't have the sack to make changes. If the attitude of the team is like this and time to trade big money player so that we can get people here that want to play football.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Patrick Surtain has also mentioned something about not wanting to give people experience.

The problem I have with this is both Zach Thomas AND Patrick Surtain are both people who were given experience at the expense of a veteran. Zach Thomas had Jack Del Rio released and Patrick Surtain started over T-Buck.

sad to see how some players forgot how they got a chance with this team when they were rookies. i wonder how bad things really are in the locker room.

Calling for us to cut them is waaaaay too harsh. This is all about them being offended at the notion we would essentially throw games under the guise of developing talent (throw them in the sense that we aren't making winning that particular game the #1 priority). I would call it very misguided but actually kind of admirable.

What else are they going to say? "Sure, I don't mind, let's take it in the a$$ and play the rookies." Of course they don't want that to happen. They are the vets that stand to be replaced (jus tlike the vets that they replaced). They have also bought into the sad "we will just keep plugging away" attitude that the former (god that feels good to say..) coach preached. "We don't need ot make changes, we just need to correct our mistakes." I doubt there are any vets that will admit that any change is a good thing at this point.

Back
Top Bottom