Zach's young player comments | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's young player comments

Phinadict said:
What else are they going to say? "Sure, I don't mind, let's take it in the a$$ and play the rookies." Of course they don't want that to happen. They are the vets that stand to be replaced (jus tlike the vets that they replaced). They have also bought into the sad "we will just keep plugging away" attitude that the former (god that feels good to say..) coach preached. "We don't need ot make changes, we just need to correct our mistakes." I doubt there are any vets that will admit that any change is a good thing at this point.

That is an AZZbackwards attitude. They are speaking as individuals....not as teammates.

This is the kind of crap Wanny instilled in this team by being TOO LOYAL to players. They think they can do whatever the hell they want. That is why they want Bates to be retained because he will let them keep on doing what they have been doing....collapsing when we need them most!!

I'm sick of it. If they don't want to play let them sit and watch another potential Zach or Surtain take over...they are NOT above the team.

One monkey don't stop no show!!

RancidLunchmeat said:
If Zach won't play "HARD" if this team plays AJ or drafts a rookie and plays him next year, or whatever the case is, then dump him now.

Part of the problem with this team is exactly that sort of attitude that these players have NOW that they didn't have five, seven years ago when they were thankful to be playing in the NFL.

Now they feel they are entitled to it, like it's National Health Care or something.

The fact that not only do they believe such things, but that they are will to publically make those comments shows you right now that this entire team needs to be shown the door.

Especially if you're considering bringing in a college coach, or even a coordinator with no head coaching experience. These guys won't listen. The first time they face adversity or something doesn't work just right, they'll balk and rebel.

Hell, it took multiple trips from ZT and JT to JJ's fishing boat in order to get them "on board" with Wannstedt, and he was a "proven" coordinator and a former head coach and they had already worked with him for a year!

What happens when Saban comes in and they don't like his motivational speeches?
What happens when Childress comes in and his pass happy offense leads to multiple three and outs and no time of possession?

It's bad. It's all bad. This team is in a really horrible position right now and its going to take years. Multiple. More than One. More than a couple. In order to turn this thing around.

And the last thing we need is high priced veterans undermining the young guys and young coaches on this team for the first couple of years.

TOTALLY AGREE with you.

Funny how vocal some of these guys are now...yet when we needed a leader to step up on the field...we see Madison cracking smiles...JT kicking the ball...etc. No leaders...just individuals thinking for themselves.

i dont see what zachs problems is. He has to know in his heart that the season is shot. Besides playing the young guys doesn't mean we have to or are going to lose games (if that was a big deal at this point). He needs to realize that it is better for his future to play the young guys and give them a leg-up for next season.

Playing the younger players now means the team will know what positions to go after in the off-season and will be able spend time evaluating those new aquisitions instead of the young guys just coming off the bench. This translates into less 'rebuilding' time and a quicker recovery. This will (if all goes well) give zach another chance at the post season before his career is over.

It all works in his favor.

hmm i think it is time to change my sig....

:)

- These guys are reacting. Relax. We all know how hard these guys play. Is there anyway Zach can play but hard? If everyone remembers , he was one of the ones that would question this team and it's want to win.

-He'll be fine , if some of the newer guys can come in and give a lift , some emotion and some plays.

Zach has finally inspired me to drop some money on an authentic jersey.

With MY name on the back.

Obviously there must be a way, or Zach must think that intentionally or not, the end result will be him "tanking it" if we play the young guys.

These guys DID forget that they were given the chance to play on potential, not performance over veterans who had already proven more than they had!

These guys are now about protecting THEMSELVES doing whats best for THEMSELVES not for the team.

I think all these comments are very telling, and they tell you exactly why this team always mailed it in during December and the playoffs. These guys stopped playing for the love of the game shortly after they became "stars".

But we never saw it that way. And alot of you still don't, I think. We think of Zach Thomas and Jason Taylor and Patrick Surtain (the luster is clearly gone from Madison), as the same young, fast, fresh, spirited players they were when they were in their first couple of years.

Does anybody remember how good Madison actually was? How about Daryl Gardener?

..just wondering.

inFINSible said:
Zach has finally inspired me to drop some money on an authentic jersey.

With MY name on the back.
If only there was a way HE could read what you have written.....That sums it up beautifully.

Has anyone checked the oxygen levels in his hyperbaric chamber lately? Excessive O2 levels are known to effect thought processes.

(I'm grasping at straws to understand a player I've always liked.)

bigmiamifan said:
He said he won't play (hard) if they fins throw in the towel and play young guys. I think he's confused, because there's what 3-4 young guys we'd play?

AJ
Hadnot
Carey

Not sure who else who suddenly play to be evaluated. Hardly seems like playing those 3 would constitute an attitude from Zach. I can see if we played all 2nd stringers, but Carey and AJ were considered to be the future. Those 2 would hardly cost us any games when their counterparts have only won one game as is.

I can really see a few games being won with just a few moves and Forester getting more freedom.
I find it very hard to believe that Zach would say "I wont play hard".....do you have a link?:shakeno:

Phinz4Life said:
Pope..or...

Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaa. :D
( I know it wont happen, but, hey, it'd be cool. )

Yeah! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaaaa. Unfortunatly it was our only good highlight of the year.

Dan Lebatard had him on ESPN Radio tonight. Dan point blank asked Zach about his comments. He told him that AJ Feeley needs to play now so that the organization can determine what they have in him. He further point blank told Zach that the veterans have NO right to decide who plays and who sits. Zach back tracked and said he wasn't talking about the QB situation, he was talking about sitting players like himself, Pat, Sam to play Will Poole and his back up. I almost drove off the rode when Dan put the screws to him. Zach said the players can say all they want but the coaches do what they want to in the end.

I'd rather have someone like Bua knowing that he will give it his all, and play with his heart on his sleeve......some of the younger players haven't been corrupted yet

Acrunch said:
Dan Lebatard had him on ESPN Radio tonight. Dan point blank asked Zach about his comments. He told him that AJ Feeley needs to play now so that the organization can determine what they have in him. He further point blank told Zach that the veterans have NO right to decide who plays and who sits. Zach back tracked and said he wasn't talking about the QB situation, he was talking about sitting players like himself, Pat, Sam to play Will Poole and his back up. I almost drove off the rode when Dan put the screws to him. Zach said the players can say all they want but the coaches do what they want to in the end.

I can understand Zach.. Last season most of the defense thought it was there last seasont together.. they also thought it was wannys last year...

wanny is gone this season... so might the defense..
they dont want to sit the ZT JT SM PS

Back
Top Bottom