Zach's young player comments | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zach's young player comments

(On whether he will be alright with seeing some new faces playing in the last seven games) – “Only if it helps us to get a win. If they’re wanting to experiment with everybody and you have guys putting it on the line, because I don’t know if I’m going to be able to play here next year. I don’t know if I’m going to be able to play next week, in two weeks or next year from an injury, from anything. We play for the present. We don’t look to the future. Fans can look to that, that’s understandable, because they’re practically giving up on us because we’re 1-8 and that’s fine, but looking at it from players, if you see a coach saying, ‘hey, we’re just going to try all these new experiments,’ you’re going to throw in the towel. So why am I’m going to go out there and give up my body and give up from injuries and my career, when we’re really just experimenting anyway. You feel like you would be a test rat, that’s not the way it is, I don’t believe in that, because guys are not going to fight for you if you think they’re not putting the best players out there. You’re going out there to win, yeah – what ¢s it going to hurt if, we’re 1-8, but I’m telling you, it hurts us a lot when it comes to players not giving up and it’s going to be more embarrassing than it already is.â€Â

Thanks dudeman........and I'm shocked! My ZT jersey might just decide to find a new home! Salvation Army dump pile!

Always been a huge ZT fan, but after these last couple days not sure I can say that anymore. The team is 1-8 and the vets are worried about having the best players on the field to win???. HELLO you are 1-8 that aint working it is time for plan B or C or what ever. The fact is if the vets were getting the job done they wouldn't be 1- 8 period.

I love Zach but, he needs to have a TALL glas of S.T.F.U....

This team is 1-8. The coach just "quit" (although we all know he got pushed out the door)...he should take a long look in the mirror....

The young players that we are talking about playing are ON OFFENSE....in case he has not read up on current events our offense has been a disaster area for the better part of 3 years at least...

Playing young guys will only help Zach and the vets next year and into the future...

And in case Zach has not noticed...the "veterans" he is standing up for are 1 and freaking 8....the young guys can't be worse....

In Zach's defense......

In Zach's defense......

He said, "Im okay with it, if it helps us get a win, losing is not fun. If you want to experiment, and play for the future....we play for today. I dont want to be a test rat, and give up my body, risk injury for experiments. "

Something like that, not word for word, but I was typing as fast as I could as I listened.

I see what he's saying, he's not saying, "oh, if they play young guys, i wont play hard!"

Whoever came up with that, is losing it! He never said anything of the nature! All he wants is to win, "losing really sucks!"

p.s. i too have a better respect for madison, no one can question his heart, for this team...

xXxpHiN34 said:
In Zach's defense......

He said, "Im okay with it, if it helps us get a win, losing is not fun. If you want to experiment, and play for the future....we play for today. I dont want to be a test rat, and give up my body, risk injury for experiments. "

Something like that, not word for word, but I was typing as fast as I could as I listened.

I see what he's saying, he's not saying, "oh, if they play young guys, i wont play hard!"

Whoever came up with that, is losing it! He never said anything of the nature! All he wants is to win, "losing really sucks!"

p.s. i too have a better respect for madison, no one can question his heart, for this team...

We play for the present. We don’t look to the future. Fans can look to that, that’s understandable, because they’re practically giving up on us because we’re 1-8 and that’s fine, but looking at it from players, if you see a coach saying, ‘hey, we’re just going to try all these new experiments,’ you’re going to throw in the towel. So why am I’m going to go out there and give up my body and give up from injuries and my career, when we’re really just experimenting anyway. You feel like you would be a test rat, that’s not the way it is, I don’t believe in that, because guys are not going to fight for you if you think they’re not putting the best players out there.

Zach has been playing for a coach who was a "players coach"

Zach has been on a team that has always won/contender, he's somewhat spoiled in this sense....

Zach has always played his a@! off thru it all.

We can give him slack and now always say the right thing.......hes frustrated just like the rest of them.......hes been frustrated for awhile now............beofer he signed his last contract, i was nervous we would go somehwere else

he can get this cause hes been the leader and he is slippin up a bit

dont worry bout him, he will play

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
Patrick Surtain has also mentioned something about not wanting to give people experience.

The problem I have with this is both Zach Thomas AND Patrick Surtain are both people who were given experience at the expense of a veteran. Zach Thomas had Jack Del Rio released and Patrick Surtain started over T-Buck.

Great post, right on the money.

And it's not like Zach and Pat are necessarily gone as were Del Rio and T-Buck. That's selfish "I forgot how I got here" comments from those two. I love Zach and Pat, and hope both are back next year, but it's time to get some youth injected into this Defense.

I can understand what Zach's saying. His core unit is going to be torn apart most likely after this year, and he wants to stay in it as long as possible. A team if any of you have played is like a family, but with a mission. Taking pieces out, would drive any worthy player mad. BUT....Zach has to buckle down, and understand that he has had years with them, and even though he might now like it, the harsh reality is...his group is getting older now..and the new guns have to come in....

All of you missed the point of what he was trying to say.

He doesnt want to play ALL the new players all at once because it would seem like to him its giving up and if they are giving u p, why should he go out there and risk injury, and his carreer to play hard for a team that has giving up. Lets face it if we start playing all the rookies now we would be giving up. I can't blame the guy. His logic seems clear to me.

With that in mind I wouldnt mind AJ coming in and maybe subing out people here and there but I dont want all the rookies to come in all at once. That seems like we are just quitting. I want them to win no matter what our record is.

Another comment that he made was that he wouldnt mind following Bates if he was let go this offseason. You cant blame him for that either. This defense is going to go through a major overhall in the next few seasons and it will probably end up worse than it is now. Why stay to watch the sinking ship go down? Zach should try to get out while he can still produce and play for a winning franchise. Im sure Marty would love him in San Diego.

Ferretsquig said:
Another comment that he made was that he wouldnt mind following Bates if he was let go this offseason. You cant blame him for that either. This defense is going to go through a major overhall in the next few seasons and it will probably end up worse than it is now. Why stay to watch the sinking ship go down? Zach should try to get out while he can still produce and play for a winning franchise. Im sure Marty would love him in San Diego.

Never happen. They have Donnie Edwards in at MLB.

RancidLunchmeat said:
It's bad. It's all bad. This team is in a really horrible position right now and its going to take years. Multiple. More than One. More than a couple. In order to turn this thing around.

And the last thing we need is high priced veterans undermining the young guys and young coaches on this team for the first couple of years.

The sky is falling!!! The sky is falling!!!! Seriously dude, this league is not geared around turnarounds that take years it's geared towards quick turnaround for teams at the bottom to rise up and grab the rings. Look at Baltimore, Carolina, New England, etc. during the year prior to their SB runs; they sucked!

I'm not saying that this team is SB bound next year but it's not outside the realm of possibility that this team could well be serious playoff contenders next year. Heck, look at the Chargers, there's a team EVERYONE had written off prior to this season and they're now tied for the division lead in the West.

Back
Top Bottom