Zack a team guy and fan advocate to the end? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack a team guy and fan advocate to the end?

I heard Rosenhaus being interviewed on local news last night and whether he was serious or not, he playfully inferred that Zach's loyalty to the Fins played a part in not joining the Cheatriots.

Is it totally naive to think that Zack decided against going to the Pats out of repect for our team and us as fans that have supported him for 12 years?

I mean, his BEST shot at heading to a SB before he is done was with N.E. and NOT the Cowboys.

I guess I would just like to believe he made his decision with us (the fans) in mind. I know that is idealistic, but that is how I want to remember him.

-j

You have to remember guys. The NFC IS A FAR MORE EASY CONFERENCE to win!!! This was the cowboys year and they fell short. He could be the missing factor. They wont have to play the Colts/Steelers/Chargers/etc. in the playoffs...theres alot of good reason to go to the best team in the NFC. Of course it was mainly the fact that he wanted to go home....BUT

I do think he had the fans in mind, more so the community in whole...and ESPECIALLY his friends/teammates/coaches/family (JT) ....that means more to him than the fans.

Thomas also visited with the New England Patriots and New Orleans Saints. All three teams offered similar deals, but Thomas wanted to play in Texas. "It was a huge factor, a gigantic factor," Rosenhaus said. "At the end, it was the difference. It's a great opportunity for him."

I'm not saying it was a major factor, but I gotta believe that at least in the back of Zach's mind, he was thinking, "I can't sign with these *&@%$*# Cheaters!"

Yes I'm happy as hell he went to the Cowboys, however saying he is in a weak NFC is retarded, i agree on the whole that AFC is better than the NFC (despite giving up Probowl games) but the NFC East Division is much like the AFC South, 3 teams going to the playoffs out of 4. I think he would have a hell of an easier time getting to the playoffs with the Pats than he would with Cowboys. Giants Redskins and Eagles, are much harder opponents than our division. Between the 3 of us, we put up 12 wins. I think a big part was respect to the rivalry and the fact that NE is very cold. Who wants to start there college career in Texas, Pro Career to Miami, and finish in NE, Especially when you are older veteran.

contrary to what rosenhaus put out there...

Is it totally naive to think that Zack decided against going to the Pats out of repect for our team and us as fans that have supported him for 12 years?

I mean, his BEST shot at heading to a SB before he is done was with N.E. and NOT the Cowboys.

I guess I would just like to believe he made his decision with us (the fans) in mind. I know that is idealistic, but that is how I want to remember him.

-j

it appears the pats deal while charactarized as being similar was less than his bottom line and not something he was going to play for... now i am going by boston sports radio talk in this statement but the hype seemed to be more from zachs camp than the pats camp in the media.

bottom line in wasn't the money and while a ring has been mentioned it came down to best fit, playing, and going home to finish a good career.

thanx zach for 12 years of playing your heart out and speaking the truth... because after some losses and D let downs he spoke what no one else to the media as most players don't tell it like it is.... zach never held back.

Back
Top Bottom