Zack Bowman has signed with the Dolphins. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Bowman has signed with the Dolphins.

What's google?

giphy.gif

Google it! :lol:

Bowman is an upgrade over Cortland Finnegan. Still looking for a better talent, and hopefully elite player in the draft.

Seems he's just a special teamer and back up. Maybe dime and at best nickel.Not complaining as we need depth but not ae excited as some of the other posters.

Ozzy rules!!

Given neither Taylor nor Davis are a lock for anything, this guy could potentially start. Nickel backs these days are practically starters anyways. Does anyone really feel comfortable with Taylor on an island? I know I don't.

Everyone keeps saying "Depth" as if the word means anything other than Starter when injuries occur, and we should expect them to occur if Davis or Taylor is starting. The fact that his own team passed on resigning him should tell us something, but the fact that this guy got over 400 snaps behind 2 quality starters says something too.

I like the signing.

So our 1st round pick will be either: WR DeVante Parker, WR Breshad Perriman, G/T Brandon Scherff, CB Trae Waynes or CB Marcus Peters.

I like the signing because it's a solid body at the CB position AND special teams - both positions we have been inconsistent at.

2nd best corner on the team now, IMO.

Sadly, you're probably correct and that shows how badly we need another starting corner. It's a good signing from a special teams and depth pov but Bowman isn't starting material. Unfortunately for us, this isn't a good draft year for cornerbacks. I don't think Waynes is a solid 1st round choice where we're picking ...just not good value at our spot, imo. I'd be okay with the pick if we traded back, but as he's the best of a weak class, someone will likely reach for him before that.

As I've said before, I favor a long term approach on the cb position. Bringing in guys like Bowman to compete with what we already have is fine, and if we're very lucky perhaps a good starter will emerge from that group, but I'd still like to see us very aggressively go after UF's Hargreaves in next year's draft. Hargreaves can bring the same level of play we've seem from Grimes; I don't think Waynes does.

I've heard of this guy. Cool songs, nice beard, but doesn't look to be in football shape these days.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 20m20 minutes ago Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dolphins coaches told Zack Bowman that he'll have the opportunity to compete against Jamar Taylor for a starting job.

Adam Beasley ‏@AdamHBeasley 20m20 minutes ago Fort Lauderdale, FL
Dolphins coaches told Zack Bowman that he'll have the opportunity to compete against Jamar Taylor for a starting job.

Just shows how bad taylor and Davis have been As draft picks.
Bowman as starter is not a good thing

Back
Top Bottom