Zack Expects To Play | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Expects To Play

ajdoggie

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Zach Thomas Expects To Play Sunday At New England
December 5, 2003

DAVIE, Fla. (AP) - Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas said Friday that although his hip still hurts, he expects to play Sunday at New England.

Thomas injured his hip during Wednesday's practice when he twisted a muscle. He went through limited work Thursday and felt some improvement Friday.

"He moved around a little bit and he's better," coach Dave Wannstedt said.

Thomas is still listed as questionable and will be a game-time decision, but he wants to play against the Patriots, who hold a two-game lead over Miami in the AFC East.

"It's a big game. I'll do whatever I can,'' Thomas said. ``I'm going to fight through it. Once I get warmed up, I think it will be all right."

Thomas leads the Dolphins with 135 tackles. He has started 11 games this season, but missed Miami's Nov. 9 loss at Tennessee. In that game, the Dolphins defense gave up a season-high 31 points.

Wannstedt said that backup defensive end Rob Burnett will miss Sunday's game with a knee injury. Defensive end David Bowens will likely be active for the first time this season after missing the first 12 games with a knee injury he suffered while changing a light bulb at home.

Sorry didn't take notice this thread had been started previously.

Defensive end David Bowens will likely be active for the first time this season after missing the first 12 games with a knee injury he suffered while changing a light bulb at home.
LOL, that get's funnier every time I see it :smackhead

"It's a big game. I'll do whatever I can,'' Thomas said. ``I'm going to fight through it. Once I get warmed up, I think it will be all right."

Zach is a trooper

Back
Top Bottom