Zack Impresses in Dallas | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Impresses in Dallas

Decleater

Rookie
Reaction score
"In the middle of the defense, Thomas was already making No. 55 very visible. The highlight for the seven-time Pro Bowler was reading and reacting on a running play by Tashard Choice when he meet him at the line of scrimmage. Thomas is also a player coming off a year in which he missed 11 games because of a concussion and migraines after a car wreck.
The 13-year veteran and Texas native has said he is fully recovered and believes he has a lot left in the tank.
Jones was so impressed that he told defensive backs coach Brett Maxie during practice that it looked like Thomas knew what plays the offense was running.
"Gosh, did we give him the offensive script before we started the practice?" Jones told Maxie. "He's there every time. Man, he's fun to watch."
Thomas is expected to give the Cowboys the big-play ability they lacked with Akin Ayodele at the position last year.
"You just see him step up there and fill it," Jerry Jones said."

We never should have let him go. That is the difference between Zack and Crowder, a 1 yard gain or 5 yards. Now we are 20 million under the cap instead of what? 17 million. And weak at linebacker in a 3/4 scheme that needs as many as you can get. Jason's trade I get, Zack's I don't.

Zach and Jason will both be Pro Bowlers this year. But I understand why they had to go.

As sad as it is (Especially with Zach), it is good the old regime is completely gone. We needed a fresh start, and the staff needed complete control. With ZT and JT still here, there would still be a finger print of the rigimes past. Ricky really doesn't count as he is really starting all over again. It was a necessary evil. I will miss Zach a lot though!

I hope he avoids the major problem of concussions from last year, best of luck. This is a train reck in progress . We will watch a warrior go down and it will painful. One of my alltime favorite dolphins.

Next to Dan the man Zach is 2nd on my list, i will be rooting for the cowboys bigtime this year, never have i rooted for another team, never cared enough for a player that switched teams like i do for Zach, very unique situation as a fan

Zach Thomas is exactly what that dallas defense needed, The brains and instincts, they have the braun

Now thats depressing!:boohoo:

That's only if he can stay healthy. He's missed alot of games the last few years. I love Zack but his style, (go full force, head first) is his worse enemy now. That and his ability to sniff out a play. We could have used him last year w/ our LB's only forcing like seven fumbles. And four of those were JT's. Hope he has a great year, I just don't think he's going to be there for them for very long...

Zach is going to do great things for Dallas, and wish him nothing but good luck and excellent health. I'll miss him, but Miami had to move on.

People don't understand what concussions are. They make your brain go away. I wish ZT the best..I do, but, I wish he'd get out before he's gotten the next one due to his play tempo. A Concussion means a ceaseing of your brain to function.......And you bet for every one that's reported, he's had about three more per report.

"Can you play?"

"Yeah...I can play coach."

Sound familiar? It sure does to me.

I would prefer he be safe and retire, for his own sake...but hearing those things about him in Dallas do make me wish we'd kept him around here.

I have two fatheads to my name. One is Dan Marino. The other is Zach Thomas. Those will probably be the only two I ever own.

Thomas is expected to give the Cowboys the big-play ability they lacked with Akin Ayodele at the position last year.
"You just see him step up there and fill it," Jerry Jones said."

We never should have let him go.

Ahmen brother, imagine how much better our defense would be with Zach and JT.

You don't get rid of a starting QB and hope to THEN draft his replacement.

You draft someone then hope that Vet QB can groom the replacement.

We did just the opposite at LB and DE

I would prefer he be safe and retire, for his own sake...but hearing those things about him in Dallas do make me wish we'd kept him around here.

I have two fatheads to my name. One is Dan Marino. The other is Zach Thomas. Those will probably be the only two I ever own.

ZT is one of the best Dolphins ever :)

It doesn't come lightly to say, but he is. Comes heavy coming from you. It was the right thing to do in letting him go. Somtimes things and people outgrow each other. He'll always be a Dolphin to me. Big regrets that he wont get a ring with us.

a MLB with concussion issues. He won't make it to Week 4.

Running around on a practice field with little to no contact is one thing. Taking/Giving hits week in and week out is another!!

Stick a fork in Zach, he's done

Back
Top Bottom