Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack Thomas and Jason Taylor

They had thier chances...And on more talented teams. Thier defenses were the ones that let the big games slip away. All they need to do is look in the mirror.

As much as I loved (and still love) JT and Zach, Zach did and does a lot of the same bone-headed stuff that some of us (myself included) berate Channing Crowder for. He takes himself out of a lot of plays by blitzing or being in the wrong gaps. He's invisible in pass coverage and he has difficulty shedding blocks. I'm saying this to say we need to be more even-handed (read: objective) when doling out criticism of players past and present.

It's just like that loser Tiki Barber....as soon as he leaves the Giants they win the Superbowl.......it must suck to have Michael Strahan telling him he can let him wear his SB ring sometime.

JT, Zack, Feeley, all of them, that's the breaks. They were here, we were 1-15, they are gone, we are 11-5 and AFC East Champs. Enough Said.

Now I am going to catch a bunch of crap for saying this probably but after the wanny era and we started to see guys like surtain and madison go, with all of the continued losing I kind of viewed taylor and thomas as the last remaining parts of the team that were kind of the disease that plagued it for so long.

I know they were great players but I dunno something about all of those guys and being as good as we were even with marion and the others...they could never put it together. It got so old that at one point when madison and surtain was gone, I just wished miami would trade taylor and thomas and just start fresh years ago.

We got that this year and look what happened. It makes me start to think that even though those guys "looked" like team guys on paper and in the media, if they really weren't premadonnas behind closed doors. Either coaches schemes fit them or they complained and became closet T.O's to a point.

I dunno....

i've got no sympathy for either of those X- dolphins. they both wanted out and got their wish. now they can both watch the playoffs from home again.

Zach didnt want out, genius. He was released.

I love them both, no ****, but we had to move on without them and we did. Porter stepped up in Taylor's departure, and Crowder did an OK job filling Zach's spot.

Talking about Zack and Jason feels like it was such a long time ago. They are no longer here... This is a new era! Dolphins AFC East Champions, playing next Saturday at 1pm.

I will never give an ounce of respect to any player in any sport that claims he wants to leave his team to play for a "winner". Guys like Jason Kidd in the NBA or Jason Taylor in the NFL that try to force trades because they think it is their right to win a ring are disgraceful.

Turn your own team into a winner if you want to play for one. Look in the mirror every now and again. Winners win and losers lose. Pretty simple.

I don't feel bad for Zach Thomas. He could have gone to the Cowboys and become a vocal leader on and off the field. He was invisible this season. He sat by and watched Romo, Witten, and TO turn that team into a soap opera and never said a word publicly. That is in keeping with his ways in Miami. He and Taylor both thought that they could just "lead by example". Zach's quotes after lost game always disgusted me. "I am embarrassed." "I don't know what the problem could be." How about kicking some people in the rear end instead of sounding like a defeated loser?

They had thier chances...And on more talented teams. Thier defenses were the ones that let the big games slip away. All they need to do is look in the mirror.

Well thats half of it but I put the other blame on Fiedler.

We now have a real qb who makes plays and holds onto the ball. Fiedler just held onto the ball and rarely made plays.

It's sad that these guys aren't here in our return to prominence but we needed a complete change of focus to do what we did and part of that was getting rid of those elements that had defined our team for years and starting anew.

And truthfully, we wouldn't have been out of the playoffs for so many years had those Taylor and Thomas-lead defenses not folded in games like New England 2002 or Philly 2003. I was stuck in the Smokey Mountains and missed the NE 2002 game live, but even seeing replays of that meltdown makes me want to cry because we had so much talent. But it was talent that didn't step up when it mattered and I'm not looking back.

Well thats half of it but I put the other blame on Fiedler.

We now have a real qb who makes plays and holds onto the ball. Fiedler just held onto the ball and rarely made plays.

There isn't really a comparison between Pennington and Fielder, as Penny wins in pretty much all categories. I still appreciate Fielder tough as he lead some bad offenses to the playoffs. The pick-up of Ricky changed that, but even then we were lacking at the skill positions on offense.

As bad as Fielder could be at his worst, we were still a Chris Carter drop away from winning the division in 2002 (even after Ray Lucas). And in 2003 Brian Griese fumbled away a game at the Colts that we were driving to win. Fielder had a very high win percentage and it wasn't always luck.

Back
Top Bottom