zack thomas /third year theory | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zack thomas /third year theory

phinsfan1221

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
http://www.miamiherald.com/616/story/119986.html Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas has a theory: ``The third year is the year you see the most improvement with most players.''

If true, this season should be telling for Nick Saban's strong first draft class. The Dolphins believe Ronnie Brown and Channing Crowder are capable of more, want to see their faith in Matt Roth justified and need a strong comeback from Travis Daniels. What people are saying:

• Daniels asserted he's ''300 percent better'' than last year, when he missed four games, allowed 28 negative plays (catches or penalties) out of 48 balls thrown toward him, and lost his starting • After watching Roth get 3 ½ sacks and force three fumbles in the final seven games, the Dolphins decided he was ready to start and dumped Kevin Carter. ''Matt's body of work spoke for itself,'' GM Randy Mueller said.

Anticipating more snaps, Roth took up martial arts to improve conditioning and speed. ''He's ready to step up,'' Thomas said. ``The first couple of years, he had a motor but didn't know where he was going. He can be a beast.''

• The Dolphins still see untapped talent in Crowder, whose 104 tackles were second to Thomas' 165. ''No question, he has Pro Bowl potential,'' Mueller said.

job.

I hope all four of those players make a significant contribution this season. I see the probowl in the future for some of them, i.e. Ronnie and Channing, maybe Roth in another couple of years.

As much as I dislike Saban I have to admit this third year draft class could turn out to be pretty decent. We only had 6 picks but managed to get:

R. Brown: Starting RB still hasn't reached his potential but has flashed

M. Roth: Starting DL this year. I personally expect big things out of him

C. Crowder: Starting LB. I don't think he'll ever be probowl but probably solid starter for 10 years

T. Daniels: Starting CB. Didn't play that well last year but we'll see how well he bounces back this season

A. Alabi: hasn't shown too much in live play yet but I still expect him to become a starter on our line, or at least an exellent depth/swing man player

K. Vickerson: he flashed before he got injured (torn ACL was it?) but I don't expect him to ever play in the NFL again.

If we get 4 starters, 1 depth guy and 1 who doesn't make it that is pretty damn good out of 6 picks. Take a look at our recent draft history and this is the best one in quite some time

As much as I dislike Saban I have to admit this third year draft class could turn out to be pretty decent. We only had 6 picks but managed to get:

C. Crowder: Starting LB. I don't think he'll ever be probowl but probably solid starter for 10 years

T. Daniels: Starting CB. Didn't play that well last year but we'll see how well he bounces back this season

A. Alabi: hasn't shown too much in live play yet but I still expect him to become a starter on our line, or at least an exellent depth/swing man player

K. Vickerson: he flashed before he got injured (torn ACL was it?) but I don't expect him to ever play in the NFL again.

If we get 4 starters, 1 depth guy and 1 who doesn't make it that is pretty damn good out of 6 picks. Take a look at our recent draft history and this is the best one in quite some time

I like your assessment of the class there. I think Alabi could be the swing OT this year. Vickerson has been relegated to NFL Europe, so I think you're right on the money there.

As for Crowder, if he remains at WOLB, I think you're right, he probably won't make a Pro Bowl - but I'll still give him some benefit of the doubt as to making it when he takes over Zach's spot -- that is of course if another MLB isn't drafted/added between now and whenever that day comes.

I agree with you as well. I don't like Saban for his actions in Miami and will never forgive him but the even last years picks have lots of promise.

Jason Allen is a great size and speed...remember he was a holdout in a complicated defense.

Derek Hagan should start at least at #3 wr spot, again good size and hands.

Joe Toledo....still has good upside if looking at the 3 year plan

Fred Evens and Rod Wright could be the big steals of the draft

Devin Aromashodu........didn't workout

This years class is much undersized and were reaches at there spots

I agree with you as well. I don't like Saban for his actions in Miami and will never forgive him but the even last years picks have lots of promise.

Jason Allen is a great size and speed...remember he was a holdout in a complicated defense.

Derek Hagan should start at least at #3 wr spot, again good size and hands.

Joe Toledo....still has good upside if looking at the 3 year plan

Fred Evens and Rod Wright could be the big steals of the draft

Devin Aromashodu........didn't workout

This years class is much undersized and were reaches at there spots

Not all of them

Well, we have a bunch of players who will excel in their third year: Ronnie Brown, Matt Roth, Travis Daniels and Anthony Alabi. If he is not cut, Vickerson will add to the depth of our defense.

once ronnie gets a solid o-line we WILL be a probolwer

Matt Roth is the most intriguing of the bunch. We all know a lot about Brown, Crowder, and Daniels. Roth must have shown something to convince the team to pencil him as starter with no real vet behind him.

travis danieals is a very smart player hes sort of a vet then a third year player the only knocks agants him is his speed but makes up for it with smarts tech hes going to be solid hes been in the system for about 7 years now so he knows much more than any of the others his rookie years he did good better than a declienig s.madison and will allen plus as a rookie the hardest position to play maybe is bieng a slow corner back hes not as phisical as he can be but he is are best corner back period he never gets beat ecept by lee evens world class speed it took his injury for goodman to start this he will have 5 ints be way more phisical because he knows the speed of the game so #29 is the man to watch

Matt Roth is the most intriguing of the bunch. We all know a lot about Brown, Crowder, and Daniels. Roth must have shown something to convince the team to pencil him as starter with no real vet behind him.
i really think this is going to be a big year for all of them but i'm really looking foward to the energy roth brings to the defence

travis danieals is a very smart player hes sort of a vet then a third year player the only knocks agants him is his speed but makes up for it with smarts tech hes going to be solid hes been in the system for about 7 years now so he knows much more than any of the others his rookie years he did good better than a declienig s.madison and will allen plus as a rookie the hardest position to play maybe is bieng a slow corner back hes not as phisical as he can be but he is are best corner back period he never gets beat ecept by lee evens world class speed it took his injury for goodman to start this he will have 5 ints be way more phisical because he knows the speed of the game so #29 is the man to watch

first he must remain healthy but i agree can become avery solid player maybe a safety some day

Back
Top Bottom