Zack's grin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zack's grin

BLUEPHIN

Starter
Reaction score
If any of you watched the NFL access clip on the fins last night you saw alot of ricks and little else, but one thing caught my attention - when Zack was questioned about Saban and the system he got this big unforced grin on his face. Players will couch their true feelings in interviews but a unrehersed grin from an old vet tells me he likes the direstion we're goining in - I may be reading to much into it but if the old guys are buying into it ...;)

I don't think your reading to much into it. Learning new stuff is refreshing, and NO ONE will argue that DOLPHIN football has been too predictable these last few years. There is a lot to be excited about this year!

Steve

Zach's always been pretty emotional so you can usually rely on him for an accurate reading of things to come. A big grin on his face is more than likely a good thing. Unless of course he just farted...then it means nothing.

BLUEPHIN said:
If any of you watched the NFL access clip on the fins last night you saw alot of ricks and little else, but one thing caught my attention - when Zack was questioned about Saban and the system he got this big unforced grin on his face. Players will couch their true feelings in interviews but a unrehersed grin from an old vet tells me he likes the direstion we're goining in - I may be reading to much into it but if the old guys are buying into it ...;)

He was grinning at you he thinks your cute with that nice neon green skin....

I think hes honestly excited. As are most of the guys!!! good pick up in that interview!!!

He's absolutely excited about the direction of this team because of a new change in attitude and philosophy. They are learning new things which is also exciting, but I think the one thing he might be most excited about, and this may sound weird, but I just have a feeling, he's enjoying watching the Offense run a more sophisticated offense as well. He's enjoying watching them run Scott Linehan's offense, rather than having Dave put restrictions on the previous Coordinators and having to watch the same vanilla plays over and over.. the better the team you practice against, the more they show you, the better you can prepare. If a team is running the same things over and over, it doesn't give you any practice against those things the other teams offense might pull out. I think there is going to be a little chess match in practice between Saban and Linehan as to see who can get the best of who from play to play, that will only make the players and each unit better. In practice competition is a good thing, unlike when wanny was here and they watched whoever the RB was run up the middle 3 times in a row. Also, did anyone see Junior on ESPN barking at Saban during stretching drills and both of them grinning afterwards.. that was fun and encouraging to see!

Was that on total access, All I can remember was the cheerleader. LOL

You guys aren't used to coaching changes but as a Jet fan we did it every few years so I'll clue you in. No matter if they like the coach or not they will be excited for a change(especially after a 4-12 season), yuo'll hear how things are so different, how refreshing it is, blah, blah, blah. It's all meaninglesss until you start seeing wins on Sundays. It doesn't matter who it was, whether it was Coslet then Carroll then Kotite(yes even Kotite got raves in his initial camp), Parcells, Groh and then Herm. Trust me on this.

nyjunc said:
You guys aren't used to coaching changes but as a Jet fan we did it every few years so I'll clue you in. No matter if they like the coach or not they will be excited for a change(especially after a 4-12 season), yuo'll hear how things are so different, how refreshing it is, blah, blah, blah. It's all meaninglesss until you start seeing wins on Sundays. It doesn't matter who it was, whether it was Coslet then Carroll then Kotite(yes even Kotite got raves in his initial camp), Parcells, Groh and then Herm. Trust me on this.

I don't entirely disagree with you here. I see your point. But it goes deeper than that. It is a overall team character issue. When DW was here it didn't matter if we had an allstar team, they did not hold the players responsible and the players ran the coach. Talent did not matter, b/c when the important games came around they played as individuals, not as a team. As a fan it made you lose interest, you knew you had no chance to win it all. Now as a fan you can see all the intangibles fall into place. Now it may take a few years to get all the right players in place, and then you have a chance, baring injuries to make a run at the title.
I am not one of the people on here who thinks we are going 10-6 this year. People try and compare us to last years Chargers and there is a big difference, we have a first year coach and players have to get used to a new system. They also had a QB, and as of right now we don't. I see us winning between 6-8 games this year. But I would rather win 6 games and know we are on the right track, with a coach that I can believe in, than go 11-5 and know as soon as we get to the playoffs, that we have no chance......as long as two of those 6 wins is vs the Jets. :tongue: (I hate that you guys have a lead in the overall series. We will catch ya in a few more years. Then we just have to catch the Raiders and Jags and Texans and we will have a winning record vs everyone). Thats something the JETS can't say.

Back
Top Bottom