Zebras 1 Fins 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zebras 1 Fins 1

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
After defeating the Zebras on Monday night 2 weeks ago, the Fins found themselves once again having to battle it out on the last minute drive vs. the Zebras.

After the Fins took an early lead on the Zebras by not letting them review a dropped pass by Davone Bess early in the game, the Zebras fought back hard, especially in the final minutes of the game. The Zebras took the lead and sealed the game when they called Hartline for a forward laderal.

Clearly, no one was in the area and one could argue Hartline was simply trying to make a play by diving and fully extending his body towards the sideline when the ball came loose. Whether he did it on purpose or not, it was clearly a fumble and nowhere near a laderal pass or toss.

The Zebras are now tied with the fins after losing to them on Monday night.
It will be a long tough season if the Dolphins have to continue beating the Zebras.

LMAO.. thanks for the laugh after the disaster yesterday... ive never seem so many bad calls...
camarill and the forward pass was classic.. the ball NEVER went FORWARD! lol!
sharper fumbled before getting into the endzone. it was clear and obvious.
colston fumbled and got another play when the 1st half should have ended!!

hmmm shouldnt it be zebras - 4

you guys are 2-4, and every loss is on the refs

I can't believe Camarillo got penalized for playing smart football. Thats the worst interpretation of a rule i've ever seen.

Although i wouldn't say the refs cost us the game as much as poor coverage, terrible play calling and turnovers.

I am sory but a team that cant tackle like we displayed in the 2nd half of this game does not deserve to win in the NFL. This lose is on the Defense and the poor play calling. The tackling on the Schockley pass shoulkd be a disgrace, even kids in pop warner shoukld be able to make that tackle. When you play like that you deserv e to lose. What if we did get those call, you are telling me the saints don't score. i am sorry but in tghe 2nd half our defense couldn't stop a high school team. Please quit making excuses for our pitful defense!

I can't believe Camarillo got penalized for playing smart football. Thats the worst interpretation of a rule i've ever seen.

Although i wouldn't say the refs cost us the game as much as poor coverage, terrible play calling and turnovers.

That was an asinine play. You had plenty of time, there was no need to try to throw it out of bounds.

Do you guys whine about the refs every game?

Camarillo intentionally rolled the ball out of bounds. The only thing that amazed me was that the ref caught it. When it happened live it looked like a fumble. During the replay it was clearly intentional. On the Sharper TD, I believe the ball was loose before the goal-line, but no camera angle substantiated that. I blame poor placement of cameras as much as anything for that. None of the replays on TV made it absolutely clear when he lost control. As a Dolphin fan, I KNEW he lost it before the goal line... but the booth reviewers are not Fins fans. The refs did not lose this one for us. Poor execution on both sides of the ball (and special teams) did. Fumbles, drops, missed tackles, ridiculous play calls, etc. I didn't see a blatant miss-call all day. New Orleans is better than us, and we blew an opportunity when we caught them with their pants down early. Plain and simple.

After defeating the Zebras on Monday night 2 weeks ago, the Fins found themselves once again having to battle it out on the last minute drive vs. the Zebras.

After the Fins took an early lead on the Zebras by not letting them review a dropped pass by Davone Bess early in the game, the Zebras fought back hard, especially in the final minutes of the game. The Zebras took the lead and sealed the game when they called Hartline for a forward laderal.

Clearly, no one was in the area and one could argue Hartline was simply trying to make a play by diving and fully extending his body towards the sideline when the ball came loose. Whether he did it on purpose or not, it was clearly a fumble and nowhere near a laderal pass or toss.

The Zebras are now tied with the fins after losing to them on Monday night.
It will be a long tough season if the Dolphins have to continue beating the Zebras.

I agree with this. I believe his intent was to extend his arms to get out of bounds but he just couldn't make it. The problem is he didn't have to do that. The ref's could have just as easily picked up the flag and made it a no call. Either way, we still had 3 downs to get a 1st and move the ball and failed to do so.

No need to make excuses, we lost the game. We had every opportunity to make any call by any Ref irrelevant and we failed.
Chubbs

Kettle calling the pot black... :serenades:

I simply corrected the misguided whiners about the calls from our last meeting. I didn't whine about the officials and I do whine from time to time but it seems every game you guys are whining now and most of the calls are the correct ones.

I simply corrected the misguided whiners about the calls from our last meeting. I didn't whine about the officials and I do whine from time to time but it seems every game you guys are whining now and most of the calls are the correct ones.

Thanks - not everyone is whining here..., time to take our woes out on the Yets...

I gotta agree with the green poster. Whining about the refs is for losers.

It reminds me of that bloated Walrus that used to coach the seahawks when he lost to the Steelers in that superbowl.

Besides, we were given the first bad call when they ruled Bess's trapped ball a catch. Remember, Payton challenged it and the refs said they had technical difficulties so it could not be challenged. :rolleyes2:

The call could have gone either way.. I saw the replay and could easily argue both points that he dropped the ball, or tried pushing it OUB. I could see how the refs may have thought he was trying to purposefully push the ball out of bounds, but I dont see how it could be called a forward pass as the ball didnt go forward and why it wouldnt be a fumble

The call could have gone either way.. I saw the replay and could easily argue both points that he dropped the ball, or tried pushing it OUB. I could see how the refs may have thought he was trying to purposefully push the ball out of bounds, but I dont see how it could be called a forward pass as the ball didnt go forward and why it wouldnt be a fumble

I remember this being called a few years ago during a MNF game (non Fins).
If I remember a fumble is defined as an inadvertent loss of the ball.

It wasnt called a fumble because he chose to let go of the ball. By definition of the rule its illegal for any offensive player to forward the ball via a pass or toss after A) the ball has already been passed forward once or B) after the line of the scrimmage.

Something to that effect, I am going off memory here which my memory sucks. It was the correct call.
Chubbs

Back
Top Bottom