Zero patience for NFL QBs | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero patience for NFL QBs

Terrible decision if Miami has the #1 overall for the hope Rosen is good.

Take the qb, don't dance around with a offensive lineman.
Rather trade down acquire more picks and build the lines instead risk the pick on Qb that’s probably not going to be as good as people hope.. cause it’s in the hopes that tua is any good.. which I’m not sold on at all..

Rosen becomes a solid starter, no biggie. If all we have is a solid starter at QB then Miami has QB problems.

The problem with solid starters is the league is dominated by teams with elite starters year after year. If Rosen's best is a solid starter then keep him as a backup or move on.

If Flo is content with a solid starter, end of discussion. A whole lot of teams are content with solid starters

If Flo is content with a solid starter, end of discussion. A whole lot of teams are content with solid starters

If they were content with a solid starter Tannehill would still be here.

I'd argue that right not there's nothing worse than the average QB. For reasons that mystify me the average QB manages to get paid the same as the elite. One more mediocre season and Tannehill would have been in line for 150 mil......its madness.

You either have an elite QB or an average one on a rookie deal. I don't see any middle ground and if the conclusion after this season is that Rosen won't ever be amongst the elite hes either got to go or take a back seat to a rookie.

Rather trade down acquire more picks and build the lines instead risk the pick on Qb that’s probably not going to be as good as people hope.. cause it’s in the hopes that tua is any good.. which I’m not sold on at all..

Build the line is how we end up average.

Tua > Rosen as a prospect, gotta take the chances.

Build the lines over QB is what got us Jake Long instead of Matt Ryan.

I agree our priority should be finding a good QB to build around.

I just don't get people not even giving Rosen a chance before he's taken a snap for us; like he doesn't have tools to work with at just 22 years old. Admittedly I'm no QB guru. When I watch Tua he looks GREAT avoiding pressure in the pocket, he's high character, extremely accurate. But he also plays on the equivalent of the Patriots in college football. His weapons are ridiculous and he doesn't play the same against upper echelon defenses.

So my question was: is it Tua or bust?

I agree our priority should be finding a good QB to build around.

I just don't get people not even giving Rosen a chance before he's taken a snap for us; like he doesn't have tools to work with at just 22 years old. Admittedly I'm no QB guru. When I watch Tua he looks GREAT avoiding pressure in the pocket, he's high character, extremely accurate. But he also plays on the equivalent of the Patriots in college football. His weapons are ridiculous and he doesn't play the same against upper echelon defenses.

So my question was: is it Tua or bust?
I'd rather start Rosen too, because I want to get it over with rather than make 7 years of excuses with Tannehill. I don't want anymore "Well, maaaaybe he just needs...".

And it might not be Tua or bust. While Tua looks to be the most polished QB since Luck, what if he sucks this year? Do you trade down with someone more desperate than you, and maybe just keep it going until Lawrence next year? Who knows.

Would the collective forum's heads explode over a scenario where we end up taking Tua #1 overall, sit him on the bench all year so he learns while we continue building the lines, and then we take Lawrence #1 next season?

Pretty sure the OP is talking about having your rookie QB sit behind a starter for a year or two. He's not talking about the kind of "patience" we had with RT. In fact, many posters wanted to develop RT by having him sit. Not saying it would have mattered.

Trub has regressed tremendously from last season. That INT he threw into triple coverage, there was a WR wide open. He has issues reading defenses, blitzes, scanning the field to see the open man and not sure he is better than Rosen.
It's the 1st game of the season. It was a defensive slugfest. True is not nor will he ever be in the Brees/rivers/Rothlisgerger league with big passes etc, (no you didn't reference them, I did) but he didn't do much in pre season, nor did Rogers, and Rogers was scrappy. Decide on if he has regressed after week 4, not week 1.

I mean, this notion is extremely flawed. Head coaches have a career expectancy of >3 years ...they need to find an answer at QB before their time runs out. I don't blame them for cycling through QBs until they find one that has a spark in his game. They don't have time to develop them like they used to.

In today’s NFL their is far TOO little patience with QB development.

Rosen is best kept out of the live action for as long as possible and here’s why:

We mostly think we know what we have in a poor offensive line - but we do not know how bad or good they will perform. Better to see what are the our strengths and weaknesses -

This sets the stage to put together as much as possible to protect Rosen from getting very badly pummeled.

Rosen is an asset. Draft Tua - and keep Rosen as a backup - of trade Rosen for a 2 or better (2 2nd rounders - or a 2nd and a third or 4th).

Rosen will likely show enough to get him some buyers. If not keep him as insurance.

Please see Jim Plunkett, Doug Williams, Steve Young, Joe Flacco, John Elway...all Super Bowl winning QBs where it took a bit for the picture to come together more...

Rosen might need some time - although the Ravens defense will likely put Fitzpatrick out of business by half time...
I like the premise. I truly hope Rosen becomes the man because I’d prefer to draft other studs at other positions if possible.

Yea..."Hoping" is a great way to build a football team..

Back
Top Bottom