Zero percent chance we draft Cordarelle Patterson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero percent chance we draft Cordarelle Patterson

The biggest myth of all is that Cordarrelle Patterson is not a natural hands catcher.

His hands are extremely, extremely well coordinated, and he shows it in multiple ways.

You dont draft "potential" at #12 (except if its a QB). You need to get a quality/dependable starter. Patterson is all potential at this point. Hardly a proven product.

You dont draft "potential" at #12 (except if its a QB). You need to get a quality/dependable starter. Patterson is all potential at this point. Hardly a proven product.

So...he didn't actually make a bunch of the best defenders in college football look foolish on the football field? He's all measurables, no tape?

So...he didn't actually make a bunch of the best defenders in college football look foolish on the football field? He's all measurables, no tape?

He had 25 yards against Alabama and 31 yards against Georgia. I guess his 75 yards against Florida qualifies as making the best defenders look foolish. If not for his huge game verses Troy (219 yards) his numbers would have been just average. Give me Eifert all day. Instant impact. Patterson: 3 year project.

He had 25 yards against Alabama and 31 yards against Georgia. I guess his 75 yards against Florida qualifies as making the best defenders look foolish. If not for his huge game verses Troy (219 yards) his numbers would have been just average. Give me Eifert all day. Instant impact. Patterson: 3 year project.

At over 10 yards every time the QB even targeted him, I'm not sure I ding a first year JUCO transfer the way you do.

And I'm not talking about STATS. I'm talking about TAPE.

Tedd Ginn averaged 14.4 in college. I don't see why 10 yards per catch is so impressive.

I'll make anyone a sig bet that Stedman Bailey has twice the receptions and more touchdowns than Patterson as a rookie. So if I can get Eifert in the first and Bailey in the second or third I'll take that evey day.

All we need is guys that can get open. There are plenty of those in this draft. We need to spend that first pick on D, or on getting more picks (trade down).

All we need is guys that can get open. There are plenty of those in this draft. We need to spend that first pick on D, or on getting more picks (trade down).

I'm ok with BPA but not specifically defense. Our D is already solid. We can't score and haven't for about 20 years now. We need playmakers that can score on offense. This 19 points a game every year has to stop.

I watched Julio Jones have an 8 yard game against Ole Miss and a 19 yard game against Florida.... followed by a 40 yard game against Miss St. Players aren't always force fed the ball no matter how dominant they are.

All we need is guys that can get open. There are plenty of those in this draft.

I'm of the mind we need guys that:

1. Run good timing routes
2. Create separation (get open)
3. Possess deep speed to keep the box from being stacked against the run
4. Catch the ball in traffic
5. Have lift to highpoint the ball in the red zone
6. Run after the catch
7. Block

All those fast scrubs on the waiver wire can get open, like Tyms, Bins, Armstrong, etc. Clearly that wasn't enough.

Tedd Ginn averaged 14.4 in college. I don't see why 10 yards per catch is so impressive.

I'll make anyone a sig bet that Stedman Bailey has twice the receptions and more touchdowns than Patterson as a rookie. So if I can get Eifert in the first and Bailey in the second or third I'll take that evey day.

You misunderstand me.

I said 10+ yards per TARGET. That's very, very different from 10 yards per CATCH. He averaged 17 yards per CATCH.

IMO, we need to beat the patriots.

we do that with guys who can score touchdowns.. (cordarelle patterson), and guys who stop touchdowns from scoring..(barkevious mingo, desmond trufant, tank carradine)...

we beat the patriots, we make the playoffs. thats as simple as I can put it.

Back
Top Bottom