Zero percent chance we draft Cordarelle Patterson | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero percent chance we draft Cordarelle Patterson

Wow I forgot about this thread!

Completely agree with you bro. I think Stedman Bailey will be the steal of this draft. Give me a guy that produced and was a monster at every level of football over a project any day. Eifert at #12 bailey in the 2nd is what I would do.

I like Bailey, but I'm going to give you three stat lines. All of them are from the same class, and all of them are from each player's final season of college football.

57 receptions, 848 yards, 8 TD's
69 receptions, 1352 yards, 10 TD's
119 receptions, 1889 yards, 14 TD's

I like Bailey, but I'm going to give you three stat lines. All of them are from the same class, and all of them are from each player's final season of college football.

57 receptions, 848 yards, 8 TD's
69 receptions, 1352 yards, 10 TD's
119 receptions, 1889 yards, 14 TD's

I don't understand...but then again, i'm hung over :-/

Player 1 is A. J. Green, Player 2 is Vincent Brown, and Player 3 is Greg Salas.

All from the same class. If we look at "production" based on statistics, Green is clearly the least appealing of the three. I don't think most people know who Brown and Salas play for.

Player 1 is A. J. Green, Player 2 is Vincent Brown, and Player 3 is Greg Salas.

All from the same class. If we look at "production" based on statistics, Green is clearly the least appealing of the three. I don't think most people know who Brown and Salas play for.

I believe Salas is still with the Patriots. Coming out of Hawaii, I understand what your saying. It was the system.

I remember watching Stedman Bailey at Miramar High School...and thinking the kid had Steve Smith (of the Panthers variety) written all over him. So he went to West Virginia...and played the exact same way (given, he had the same Qb, too). All he has ever done is produce. The kid is a natural football player with a nasty, violent streak and a clean history. He battled Morris Claiborne a couple of years ago, and handled himself well. He had the most TD's in division 1, playing against top notch opponents. And just like he benefitted from all the attention paid to Tavon Austin, he will benefit from playing with Mike Wallace.

He is consistent and i am almost positive he will continue to be the player he has always been, at every level. Cordarrelle Patterson is a great talent, but one thing he is NOT is consistent.

Why does Cordarrelle Patterson have to be a bad draft prospect for Stedman Bailey to be a good one?

Having a tough time with that one.

Why does Cordarrelle Patterson have to be a bad draft prospect for Stedman Bailey to be a good one?

Having a tough time with that one.

Because Patterson is supposed to be a top 15 pick and Bailey can easily be had in the second round. It's about value.

We don't know where these guys will be drafted. How many of us had B. Irvin in the Top 15? With this thing, you're assessing values. I like this guy in this range, or I've taken this guy completely off my board, et.

I doubt that even the most avid C. Patterson haters have taken him completely off of their boards. So at some point, you like him. It's probably most constructive to frame conversations in that light.

If you believe Patterson will go sometime in the 1st, but you don't like him at 12 or even in a trade-back scenario, at what point do his attributes make him worth it to you?

I like Trufant a lot at CB. I don't like his value at 12 - when I look at the other players I expect to be there. He's competitive, has very quick feet, has good straight-line speed, and solid size to be a starting NFL CB. While his feet are super quick, sometimes he loses discipline on his footwork, and he plays higher than I like. He gets off-balance at time. I think a lot of that is correctable, but at 12, I don't want a guy who isn't an elite physical talent (like a X. Rhodes) who has those issues. I see Rhodes as a cleaner cover guy with a higher ceiling. I like his value at 12. At 42, Trufant looks awful nice. "But he won't be at 42!" you say. I don't think he'll be there, but I think Trufant has a better chance of being there at 42 than I thought Denareus Moore had at being there at 146 (a spot we would have had if we didn't trade away the pick to Washington).

Anyway, discussing guys like this - to me, anyway - leads to more constructive conversation. I like Player X in ____ range.

Is there anyone here who wouldn't like Patterson in the 3rd (serious question)?

There's been no indication that Cordarrelle Patterson has sank at all on NFL teams' draft boards. It's still a tossup whether he's even available at 12 overall.

There's been no indication that Cordarrelle Patterson has sank at all on NFL teams' draft boards. It's still a tossup whether he's even available at 12 overall.

I'm 60/40 that he won't be. I was just using a hypothetical. For the posters who really dislike Patterson, where does that dislike morph into interest?

He is a playmaker. Isn't that what we lack? Did we make an exception that worked out last year?

I'd love to take Patterson at 12. But Ireland won't have the balls to do such a thing...Or will he?

Back
Top Bottom