zero tolerance for mediocrity | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

zero tolerance for mediocrity

I can`t beleive some of your responses . do you really think pennington is a mediocre QB ?
Has 2008, one season with an easy schedule, caused you to forget his entire tenure as the Jets QB? I was and still am glad to be rid of him.

Well on sunday we will see if it is just hennings fault . when penny was the starter and we went to the playoffs everybody was talking high on henning . so this is something i want to see

Whether Pennington has success or not doesn't do anything for me in determining if it's "Henning's fault" . . . he SUX, and if his job is saved by Chad Pennington coming in and playing well . . . that is just another year of having a dinosaur OC calling the plays. This is the "new age" NFL . . . not the 80's. Get rid of this guy once and for all.

Im sorry... I'll go with the guy who actually took us to the playoffs over some pup who isn't getting it done. This is about winning. Something Henne isn't doing. Pennington looked great in the preseason and clearly won the job IMO. The coaching staff was set on Henne... as was I..

I said it before.. The M.O. of this staff isn't to fire OCs during the season. You guy really need to see how they handle business before you started wanting to whack everyone.

I guarantee you Henne will be fired in the offseason.

I`m not sure you meant henne or henning will be fired in the offseason . i think henning now has to proof it was more poor execution than bad calling . he has now that chance . if he can`t proof that with penny then he is gone

Well on sunday we will see if it is just hennings fault . when penny was the starter and we went to the playoffs everybody was talking high on henning . so this is something i want to see

Who cares if we make the playoffs!! Do you really think we will be a threat? I would rather axe Henning and see what Henne's got, then go with Penny and still be clueless to the QB situation next year, or for that matter where this team is heading.

First I want to say that this is not a desperate move , i think it`s a gutsy call from sparano , i will endorse sparano more now , firing bonamego and benching henne after two very bad games tells me this coach is sending a message to everyone in this franchise " zero tolerance for mediocrity " .
If we were pissed to watch henne laugh after missing fasano for a sure TD we have no questions now that things like that will never be tolerated in miami and it gives me nice feeling , i`ve been a henne supporter but i`m with sparano on this . we have a coach . team is the only thing that matters to him .

I disagree. This is nothing if not a desperate move. It is obvious CP is a better QB than CH now, but the point was to play out a season and find out what we have. We already know the ceiling with CP. If it was about winning this year what was the point of waiting 8 games? Sparano is afraid to lose his locker room and eventually his job. This move did not take guts, it took fear.

Who cares if we make the playoffs!! Do you really think we will be a threat? I would rather axe Henning and see what Henne's got, then go with Penny and still be clueless to the QB situation next year, or for that matter where this team is heading.

the penny people are excited that we made the playoffs...

but they don't mention how penny look like complete crap against the ravens...

Welcome to 9-7, just outside the playoffs and a high enough pick to miss on a franchise QB if there were one, enough to miss the best back in the draft, the best safety, probably the best C and definitely the best CB.

My ****ing thoughts exactly.

Without a running game and henning's retardedness Pennington is doomed too. Now all teams will do is stack the box and play man becuase pennington throws fiedler floaters deep. Chad will be better in the dink and dunk and sparano basically admitted they run that kind of offense by benching Henne. Sadly henne is taking the heat and not henning. They should just trade Henne now. He is done here.

Guys ! henning is next . he can now redeem himself and proof it was poor execution . wait , lets see . but he is facing the door . i dont know why you dont beleive that , firing your OC in mid season is saying goodbye to any chance of playoffs . if we loose more than 6 games and there is proof it was the offense he will be out before the season ends .

If Sparano wanted my respect, he would have fired Henning instead. That would have been "gutsy". I know that is tough midseason . . . but damn I'm tired of this ****. It makes more sense to run with the QB who has had more success in Henning's offense.

You know firing you OC in mid season is not gutsy it is a very delicate topic , you all know henning is next , we will see the next two games what peny can do with his calls . but as much as i liked henne he misses a lot of throws and im totally with sparano . thigpen is in the mix next season . i know that now

You know firing you OC in mid season is not gutsy it is a very delicate topic , you all know henning is next , we will see the next two games what peny can do with his calls . but as much as i liked henne he misses a lot of throws and im totally with sparano . thigpen is in the mix next season . i know that now

I say bring all 3 QB's back next season with a new OC. May the best man win.

4-4 is the definition of mediocrity - if we had a zero tolerance SPARANO wouldve been fired.. but, hey, spin it any way you like - we all do :)

This main forum makes my eyes hurt to read it. For starters it's prooved and not proof.

What do you guys want them to do? Nothing!? Then you would complain about that. At least they are addressing issues that need to be addressed. They are not acting as though there are no problems. Special teams are playing far better under Rizzi that they were under Bonamego. So there's a good move. I'll bet you that Henning has been told that if the offense does not improve, wich I am almost possitive it will, then he will be gone. They finally got rid of Jason Allen and brought in what could be a vastly improved player for that role.

Henne has gotten his year to prove himself as a starter. it's just spread out the last half of last year and the first half of this year. He's not getting it done because he locks onto receivers, his accuracy is inconsistent and he is late delivering the ball.

I agree with the OP 100% and thank you for making the trip to the main forum worth reading at least 1 post. So let's wait and see how this turns out before we call for the execution of the entire coaching staff.

Back
Top Bottom