ZERO Wildcat Plays??? WTF??? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZERO Wildcat Plays??? WTF???

Leave it to Dan Henning to get cute when we have a relatively talented and healthy offense and playing awful teams like the Bills, then call the most vanilla game of all time when we're crippled beyond recognition and starting a third string QB against a pretty good defense. I'm not saying we should've won that game, but to not even get a damn field goal is pathetic beyond belief.

All the more reason to have Ronnie recieving the snaps. He has great hands and can handle an off target snap. The frustrating part was that we put the game, right from the start, into Thigpen's hands.

Huh? Have you even watched us run the wildcat? It's a timing play, the ball has to hit Ronnie right in the hands before Ricky crosses. You think Richie could do that? No he couldn't, he's a guard, so nor do I expect him to be able to do that. Ronnie needs to have his eyes up looking for holes, not trying to scoop the ball off the grass.
All this Captain Hindsight b.s. on here is ridiculous. Last night was just one of those games, I think if we heal up we can still go 9-7 or even 10-6. Who knows what will happen? In '05 we were 3-7 at this point and went 9-7.

All the more reason to have Ronnie recieving the snaps. He has great hands and can handle an off target snap. The frustrating part was that we put the game, right from the start, into Thigpen's hands.

Don't buy it. With the Wildcat timing, with the Ricky endaround, is even more important than in the regular shotgun.

Edit: What Statler said even better....

Back
Top Bottom