ZERO Wildcat Plays??? WTF??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ZERO Wildcat Plays??? WTF???

TGall13

Tagalager
Reaction score
Everytime we had the ball last night, I would say to myself "this would be a good spot for the Wildcat" But it never came out last night. WTF?? I would love to hear Sparano try not to throw his OC under the bus when answering that question. 7 rushes?? WTF?? Even the boys on ESPN Post game said the playcalling was 'Garbage'. I don't think I've ever watched a Dolphin game and been that bored. It was hard to watch. It sure is touch being a Dolphin fan.

Agreed..I could see relying on the passing game if we were down 21-0 early..but it was just 6-0 at halftime! Henning was really game planning for us to go into this game on the arm of a 3rd string QB..no offense to Thigpin but REALLY Henning? If this continues, it will be real hard watching the Phins play the rest of the year

This is why henning is a piece of ****.

when we are in an offensive rhythm he ruins it by doing the wildcat. when we have absolutely nothing going at qb or on offense in general, our 3rd string qb playing, our top wr out, instead of trying to create a spark, this douche bag calls no wildcat, when it actually would have been appropriate to do so.

What have you been watching all year long?

The wildcat has sucked, why keep using it?

Oh yeah, cause the QB's suck too!

But wait, the running backs and 0-line, may even be worse!

This team has about 10 players worth keeping, it's time for another rebuild!

In reality, the rebuilds never actually stopped!

How many years has this been going on now? :bobdole:

They rarley use the wildcat when on their own side of the field but I agree we should have used it..

Tyler Thigpen had ppl open last night..He panicked way too much..Henning spread the Bears out..There was holes out there...There are always holes in zones..Thingpen just was just not able to find them..There was no way we would have won that game last night with him in there..

I hate the wildcat but I was surprised we didn't see it yesterday. Maybe he didn't want to mess up Thigpen's rhythm, lol.

Yeah I agree, I could not believe they did not even try it once.

We'll just have to ride this out and hope that we get a new OC at the end of the year.

Once Proctor went out the Wildcat was dead. Incognito was playin center and hasn't played that since High School in a game. He was having a hard time hiking the ball to Thigpen in the shotgun, no way were they going to have Ronnie back there and I can't argue with that. I can argue with only atempting 8 running plays though.

Guys, guys, guys. Guys.

We only run the wildcat when Henne starts moving the ball well. That way the defense won't see the run coming!

Once Proctor went out the Wildcat was dead. Incognito was playin center and hasn't played that since High School in a game. He was having a hard time hiking the ball to Thigpen in the shotgun, no way were they going to have Ronnie back there and I can't argue with that. I can argue with only atempting 8 running plays though.

Finally. Nice to see someone that has a clue...Richie could barely get a shotgun snap to the QB much less time and accurately snap a ball to make the wildcat work. Sad thing is I don't think if we ran the ball 20 times it would have made a difference once Proctor got hurt. The run game was blown into the backfield everytime we ran it. Really should have spread it out and ran drags, slants, screens, and outs, only real shot we had with the pressure they were getting. I saw more deep routes last night trying to test the cover 2 seams than I have seen all year. Whenever they showed replays from behind the QB it seemed like we had 2 or 3 guys running 15-20 yards down the field with their backs turned. LMAO. Great gameplan for a banged up line and 3rd string QB. And way to make an adjustment once we knew that we were not going to have time. Henning is BAD!!!

To be honest the lack of wildcat did not bother me at all as it simply does not work anymore. What worried me was the lack of any kind of running play...from a team supposedly built to run.

Everytime we had the ball last night, I would say to myself "this would be a good spot for the Wildcat" But it never came out last night. WTF?? I would love to hear Sparano try not to throw his OC under the bus when answering that question. 7 rushes?? WTF?? Even the boys on ESPN Post game said the playcalling was 'Garbage'. I don't think I've ever watched a Dolphin game and been that bored. It was hard to watch. It sure is touch being a Dolphin fan.

Did you notice they could not execute a shotgun snap??

Did you notice they could not execute a shotgun snap??

All the more reason to have Ronnie recieving the snaps. He has great hands and can handle an off target snap. The frustrating part was that we put the game, right from the start, into Thigpen's hands.

I am glad somebody pointed this out! Give Richie props for even being able to play the position.

Back
Top Bottom