Zero WRs | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zero WRs

Next year will be the third big WR class in a row...

I think this is the new normal.

So many schools are running complicated passing offenses now that there are more WRs who are NFL ready than there used to be. This goes along with the trends in the game.

We'll see who rises, but 2022 doesn't look nearly as good as the last three, probably four, classes.

QB's, WR's, and OL are a getting much more/better training, though, so, overall, you'll continue to see them get better.

So many schools are running complicated passing offenses now that there are more WRs who are NFL ready than there used to be. This goes along with the trends in the game.

We'll see who rises, but 2022 doesn't look nearly as good as the last three, probably four, classes.

QB's, WR's, and OL are a getting much more/better training, though, so, overall, you'll continue to see them get better.

I think next year's class will be better than the 2021 wr class, expecially if some of the 2023 class turns pro early, which happens every year.

Which players?
The first player that comes to mind is George Perkins. I think the hype build up for him as a prospect will get pretty high. Chris Olave of Ohio State might have been the 4th wr in this year's class had he declared. His teammate Garrett Wilson could end up with just as much hype if he as a good season. I think there are several wr in same range of Toney or Bateman... Jahan Dotson of Penn State comes to mind. Ronnie Bell of Michigan is another wr to watch.

I thinnk if you look at the top 20 or so wr prospects the 2022 class could be pretty good. You might not have three players being mentioned as top 10 picks, but there will be a lot of players in 2nd and 3rd round range that are just as good as the 2nd and 3rd round wr from this year in my opinion.

Last edited:
The first player that comes to mind is George Perkins. I think the hype build up for him as a prospect will get pretty high. Chris Olave of Ohio State might have been the 4th wr in this year's class had he declared. His teammate Garrett Wilson could end up with just as much hype if he as a good season. I think there are several wr in same range of Toney or Bateman... Jahan Dotson of Penn State comes to mind. Ronnie Bell of Michigan is another wr to watch.

I thinnk if you look at the top 20 or so wr prospects the 2022 class could be pretty good. You might not have three players being mentioned as top 10 picks, but there will be a lot of players in 2nd and 3rd round range that are just as good as the 2nd and 3rd round wr from this year in my opinion.

Olave was WR7 for me. His teammate, Wilson, is the better prospect - between him and Burks from Arkansas for WR1 atm. But, 2021 has 3 Top 10 guys and 3 Top 20 guys. If 2022 can't match that, and it doesn't look like it will, I don't see how it can be better.

Olave was WR7 for me. His teammate, Wilson, is the better prospect - between him and Burks from Arkansas for WR1 atm. But, 2021 has 3 Top 10 guys and 3 Top 20 guys. If 2022 can't match that, and it doesn't look like it will, I don't see how it can be better.
When you say 3 top 10 and 3 top 20 are you saying 6 wrs in the top 20? Unless you're counting Pitts as a wr, and even then I can't see 6 wrs in the top 20. Who were you counting... Smith, Chase Waddle and who else? I don't see Toney or Bateman going in the top 20, I wouldn't be shocked if neither went round 1. I admit the top two or three picks might be better than the top 2 or 3 next year, but overall I would say the top 15 or 20 wr prospects are pretty equal.

When you say 3 top 10 and 3 top 20 are you saying 6 wrs in the top 20? Unless you're counting Pitts as a wr, and even then I can't see 6 wrs in the top 20. Who were you counting... Smith, Chase Waddle and who else? I don't see Toney or Bateman going in the top 20, I wouldn't be shocked if neither went round 1. I admit the top two or three picks might be better than the top 2 or 3 next year, but overall I would say the top 15 or 20 wr prospects are pretty equal.

Smith
Chase
Waddle

E. Moore
Marshall
Bateman

I think next year's class will be better than the 2021 wr class, expecially if some of the 2023 class turns pro early, which happens every year.
Plus there will be a few more who will come out of the woodwork... guys who are not even on the radar yet.

It would be a shame if we go last draft and this draft and take ZERO WR. Two great years for them

Although I somewhat agree with this it still doesnt excuse why we haven't drafted a WR high since Parker. Thats been 6 years. Mind blowing that we havent drafted a WR in three years when we havent been dripping in playmaker talent.

Although I somewhat agree with this it still doesnt excuse why we haven't drafted a WR high since Parker. Thats been 6 years. Mind blowing that we havent drafted a WR in three years when we havent been dripping in playmaker talent.
I'm a you-build-inside-out guy. I'm rarely going to prioritize offensive backs or safeties...

We've been bad, and the previous regimes couldn't get their lines together...

But now it's time.

For what it's worth, WR are one of the few positions from 2017 or earlier with draft picks that are still with the team.

The last twenty years we havent had an OL to protect a qb
Wrong.
Check your fact.
For running, we were subpar. For pass protect, we were OK. Many sacks came from RT had no pocket presence.

I was looking back at recent drafts and something was shockingly missing. We haven't drafted one WR in the last three drafts. The last WR we drafted was Isiah Ford in the 7th round in the 2017 draft. The last time we used a pick in the first three rounds on a WR was Leonte ****ing Caroo. Its been so long that I forgot Caroo was even on the team. It wild in a offensive league we have completely neglected this position. No wonder we were trotting out Mack Hollins, Grant, and a service academy QB at WR late in the season last year. This needs to change. We need to put draft capital towards playmakers and fast.
Leonte Caroo... that is a name I haven't heard in a very, very long time. Seriously feels like he hasn't been on the team in years.

Back
Top Bottom