Zgonina and Surtain first rounder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina and Surtain first rounder

dolfan348454999

Macdaddy
Reaction score
It looks like the dolphins may not get a first for Surtain and they are trying to trade Zgonina for a third round pick. So why not try to trade both of them for a first. There are many teams that would be interested in both of them.
1.(pick 29) COLTS most likely will want to replace DT Montae Reagor and CB(s) Nick Harper or Donald Strickland
2.(pick 20) COWBOYS most likely will want to replace DT Leonardo Carson and CB Pete Hunter
3.(pick 17) BENGALS most likely will want to replace DT(s) Tony Williams or John Thornton and CB(s) Deltha O'Neal or Tory James.

There are other that would want both, but have to high of a pick in the first round to consider this trade.

I think the Colts are most likely to consider a trade like this. They have already expressed allot of interest in Surtain, but may not be willing to pay a first rounder for him alone. Also they need to upgrade DT. The only down side is that their pick is pretty late in the first round so maybe they will be willing to give us a first rounder for surtain alone. I doubt this would happen with the bengals, because of how high their pick if, but it is also possible with the cowboys. I know this a one in a million chance of happening, but it is just something to think of.

I'd do it for the coyboys 20th overall...and then we trade down and get a second and a mid first and we draft derrick johnson and ronnie brown

Buddwalk said:
I'd do it for the coyboys 20th overall...and then we trade down and get a second and a mid first and we draft derrick johnson and ronnie brown
I would be very happy with that. Do you think they would take a DT then with their second round pick.

who said we werent goin to get a first for surtain i think well definately get a first for surtain unless u have any news or links to show me that says were not grtting a first if u do please share

lilcubanphinfan said:
who said we werent goin to get a first for surtain i think well definately get a first for surtain unless u have any news or links to show me that says were not grtting a first if u do please share
Their is nothing concrete. I am just basing it on rumors. Also if you think he is definetly worth a first rounder then we could trade both of them to get a higher first rounder.

Nublar7 said:
I was thinking the same thing. I would do Surtain and Zgonina to Indy for their 1st rounder and a 6th rounder.
I agree. Maybe the other team could throw in a late round pick to balance out the trade.

Surtain, Zgonina

Even if they were packaged together, I doubt that we could get higher than the colts pick at #29. Most likely in the 35-45 range.

Kanger

Zgonina is only worth a 5th at most. A 5th would move you one whole spot in the 2nd round. Zgonina would be a toss on for the 'hell of it' at most.

dolfan348454999 said:
It looks like the dolphins may not get a first for Surtain and they are trying to trade Zgonina for a third round pick. So why not try to trade both of them for a first. There are many teams that would be interested in both of them.
1.(pick 29) COLTS most likely will want to replace DT Montae Reagor and CB(s) Nick Harper or Donald Strickland
2.(pick 20) COWBOYS most likely will want to replace DT Leonardo Carson and CB Pete Hunter
3.(pick 17) BENGALS most likely will want to replace DT(s) Tony Williams or John Thornton and CB(s) Deltha O'Neal or Tory James.

There are other that would want both, but have to high of a pick in the first round to consider this trade.

I think the Colts are most likely to consider a trade like this. They have already expressed allot of interest in Surtain, but may not be willing to pay a first rounder for him alone. Also they need to upgrade DT. The only down side is that their pick is pretty late in the first round so maybe they will be willing to give us a first rounder for surtain alone. I doubt this would happen with the bengals, because of how high their pick if, but it is also possible with the cowboys. I know this a one in a million chance of happening, but it is just something to think of.

Show me a link that says Miami won't be getting a first round pick for Surtain! I mean one that has a quote from his agent, Saban, or a team that says so! Otherwise this is moot.........

First of all, Derrick Johnson will be long gone by the middle of the first round. Second, Surtain by himself could still get a late 1st rounder. Too many people on this board jump the gun on things they have no clue about.

Ryan1973 said:
First of all, Derrick Johnson will be long gone by the middle of the first round. Second, Surtain by himself could still get a late 1st rounder. Too many people on this board jump the gun on things they have no clue about.
talent wise he could go #1 overall but its all about needs and if we trade down to #10 we have a great shot of getting him

I don't think Derrick Johnson will make it past #5. If you draft strickly on needs, that is what will get you in trouble. I am in agreement with the people that say draft the best player available. With that theory, the Dolphins should have drafted Wolfork last year instead of Carey. For this year, if they stay at #2, I wouldn't have a problem if they drafted a Derrick Johnson or Mike Williams if they are clearly the head of the class. You can never have enough big time players on your team regardless of their positions.

Back
Top Bottom