Zgonina in / contract details | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina in / contract details

Well well, insurance if hailey leaves?
This guy played pretty well for the rams last year he could be a nice addition..He has moved around quite a bit though ... anybody got some info on him ? Injuries?etc.

What do you think i think this is the end of the J.Haley as a backup and any offer sheet wouldnt be match

In other hand i think this guy has pretty good # with an average D Line and an average DB

great DEPTH signing right there......this came out of nowhere really.....i know he visited but i didn't expect a contract offer right now......

zgonina will provide great leadership, and has super bowl experience, something our defense is lacking in right now......he, burnett, and hopefully seau would be a great trio of leaders with a lot of playoff experience in big games.......

i like it.....but where does this leave haley? is he still coming back? i hope so, but am not so afraid of his departure anymore......

i don´t get it why not sign haley to a four year deal to haley who is 2 years younger and not as washed up like zgonina because he is only a backup....any financial details ?

Maybe they are going to deal Haley? But wanted a solid DT in the rotation. Complete speculation here.

we have quite a few young guys on the roster now... maybe the thinking is to bring in veteran guys with some experiance ...I dont think zgonia is washed up ...looks more like hes hitting it about as good as he can right now .. hope fully he can continue a few more years eh?

My guess is this is just insurance. It gives the team flexibility if Haley gets an offer and they would rather not match. My guess is there isn't much signing bonus so cutting him later won't hurt.

Another explanation could be that the team knows or suspects that somebody isn't returning. Haley through an offer or another DT b/c of injury or retirement.

Yet another explanation could be that Miami is trading Bowens for...player(s) or draft pick(s). This speculation is based on nothing other than the fact that I'm bored.

I'm not too familiar with this guy. Frankly, Zgonina sounds like medication.

We've tendered Haley, he isn't going anywhere(I doubt someone will make an offer) & doesn't make a lot of money so he won't be cut.

Next defensive upgrade we should look into, other than Seau, is SS Victor Green.

I wonder what the financial details are. I really hope he isn't making much more then the minimum since he won't even be a starter, but my gut instinct says that he will get at least a million a year, which sucks because we could really use that cap room for Junior!!

Is it just me or do we have DT's stockpiled like the Yankee's have bought WS championships?? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom