Zgonina in / contract details | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina in / contract details

man i would hate to have victor green here!!! i don't think he fits out defensive scheme at all.....he is more of a run stopper and doesn't play all that great in space......i didn't want him last year and i certainly don't want him a year older and another step slower.....

What's really going on is after this season Haley will be a UFA and Tim Bowens is due a $1.65M roster bonus and a large jump in base pay. We might lose both after this season.

Zgonina is insurance with a chance to get playing time if we have any injuries.

I S THAT YOU BURT?

ZGONINA! Doesn't he look like JIM BURT??????? Maybe it's just been a long offseason but I like this guy to put a hit on PENNINGTON like BURT put on MONTANA in 1990!!!:sleep:

From Mel Kiper's FA newsletter: 7th best UFA DT(out of 23) "Altough listed as a FA, HC Mike Martz has already named him a defensive team captain for the 2003 season. Known for being a good run stuffer, the ten year veteran also showed some pass rush ability (4.0 sacks) this past season."

From Frank Coyle's FA newsletter:, 6th rated UFA DT. 6-2/305
"Extremely strong defender can play in either a one or two gap scheme. He is extremely strong at the point of attack, but can also make plays on the move and penetrate gaps and disrupt things. He is getting better as he gets older and after seven seasons as a backup, he has been a starter for the past three seasons. He is currently playing at a high level but his age, almost 33, may soon become a concern, although there is not much mileage on him when compared to many players his age."

Sounds tailor made for our system. Perhaps we are working out a sign and trade deal for Haley in an effort to get more than a seventh round pick? In other words we match an offer and then trade him to the signing club for higher than a seven.

Maybe Zgonina can play inside on the pass rush package in place of Burnett or Williams?

Do the chargers need a DT? Maybe they are packaging Haley for a trade for Seau.

This kind of comes as a pelasant surprise as far as I am concerned. I would imagine that a defensive line that has players such as J. Taylor, A. Ogunleye, D. Bowens, T. Bowens, R. Burnett, J. Zgonina, J. Williams, L. Chester and possibly J. Haley, will be quite a deep one with many interchangeable parts. That is nine people right there though so perhaps someone is going to have to be dealt. Wow, that is a great defensive lineup with tons of depth. Now if we could nab someone like Seau and/or Knight, we would have formidable depth throughout. Good solid pickup for Miami here.

Great pickup. 81 tackles, 4 sacks.. better numbers than any of our defensive tackles. Now, I'm not saying he's better or anything.

I hope they deal Haley for Seau. Or try and get a mid-rounder for Haley. Maybe a 4th or 5th rounder.

But I'm excited, we now made one of the best D-Lines, better! :D

I like Zgonina better than Haley and wouldn't mind him being gone. But if we keep him that's unbelieveable depth and talent for one team to have.

Haha.. and KFFL said we outbid the Chiefs. ****.. wheres the bidding? It's a STEAL.

81 tackles, 4 sacks.. less than a mil? :eek:

good solid backup... we got a quality group of DT locked up for years.
Good deal... he is 32 but if we need to cut him we can afford to without taking a big hit because of his low SB. low risk.

That is nothing. I am pretty sure we are paying that little bs money very soon anyway. Awesome deal Miami.

I see us moving up in Round 2 by trading Haley.

one HUGE downside to the Zgonina signing i just realized:

we now have to listen for hours about his "cankles" on monday night football and will miss half the plays being called when he is in!!! haha madden always speaks in great depth about the size of zgonina's "canckles".........just hope we don't miss too many big plays while the camera is focused on jeff's feet!!!!!

Originally posted by Bodzilla29
one HUGE downside to the Zgonina signing i just realized:

we now have to listen for hours about his "cankles" on monday night football and will miss half the plays being called when he is in!!! haha madden always speaks in great depth about the size of zgonina's "canckles".........just hope we don't miss too many big plays while the camera is focused on jeff's feet!!!!!

:lol:

In Madden 2004 they should have that..

Back
Top Bottom