Zgonina in / contract details | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina in / contract details

For that money this is a huge steal. It gives us a lot of options.

I read that he signed a 4 year, 3.6 mil contract. Very reasonable deal there. Great job Wanny/Spiel......

This could be a signal that the coaches do not like our nickel defensive line package being comprised entirely of defensive ends.

But imagine a defensive line lining up goal line comprised of Bowens, Chester, Haley, Zgonina, and Taylor.

Basically unless Haley is signed elsewhere this just signals the end to Dario Romero's tenure in Miami.

Good signing and great value. I tend to think a trade is in the works for Haley.

Good oint about Dario Romero. I had completely forgotten about him. We should keep him around as well if for nothing else, to pick fights. Plus, thinking about how this defense is set up, I expect Zgonina's numbers to go down but productivity on the line to go up. We now have almost two completely different DL's for run and pass plays.

I wouldn't mind keeping Haley around if he would still play for us cheaply but I am also intrigued about maybe a sign and trade with the Chargers for Seau. Of course we might have to cough up a pick for him too but I still say it would be a steal for us no?

It is a good contract then, I just hope it doesn't affect our chances at getting Seau because of cap room!!!

Romero beat out Earnest Grant, Henry Taylor, and James Atkins. All of them ended up on NFL rosters or practice squads so he must have shown something. He also is going to turn only 25 on 4/13. We don't activate the fourth DT unless there is an injury anyway and Romero can do that job. I doubt any of our regular DT's will be in the pass rush formation beating out Williams and Burnett though you never know. I hope we deal Haley for a 4-5 pick like the one we gave up for Jay Williams last year.

Haley wants to go somewhere that he can start. With Z coming in that cheaply and playing at a good level still he should make a fine backup and allow us to aquire an extra pick. I could reasonably see someone blowing a 5th on Haley that we could then turn around and trade again.

Surprised about K.C though. Thought for sure they were going to offer a starters job to him.

For $755,000

to bring in a guy...who had 81 tackles last year...is fairly high thought of and gives us very good depth...and protects us if Haley leaves or is traded....

this is an incredibly good deal.

Big Thumbs up to the FO on this one

I think we could get a 5th or perhaps wait until after the draft and find someone who missed getting the DT they really wanted and will give us a 4 next year for Haley now.

Back
Top Bottom