Zgonina Inactive = On Trading Block | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina Inactive = On Trading Block

Bpk

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Just noticed Jeff Z was inactive for tonight's game. I haven;t heard anything about him being hurt, so this seems like a pretty standard move for a team about to trade a player. They don;t play him to avoid him getting hurt and screwing up a trade before it's finalized.

Hope it's for some O-line or secondary help, after tonight, but it's prolly for a draft pick.

B.

There's a story up in the front page about that and speculation about his days being numbered. I wonder if we could do a deal with the Rams or Titans? What might we get for him if traded?

id love to trade him to the titans for Jacob Bell..he can play center, guard, and tackle

if we could trade him to someone desperate for DL help.......For some OL help.....Lord knows, we need it.

Highly unlikely it would be a player for player trade. More likely we'd get a 7th round pick. Zgonina is 36 years old so we aren't going to get much for him.

Jeff Z. provides us with quality depth and I don't see him being moved off the team. When Saban was asked about this he said it was between Roth or Jeff Z. being inactive and he made a decision to activate Roth in this case. I wouldn't read more than that into this situation.

See FinHeaven article on Zgonina being unhappy, Rams & Titans apparently wanted to do a deal, or showed interest anyway, and Saban said no. Why???

As soon as Sammy Morris is ready to return as well as Joe Berger, then both Zgonina and Wade smith will be cut or traded.

PhinsRock said:
See FinHeaven article on Zgonina being unhappy, Rams & Titans apparently wanted to do a deal, or showed interest anyway, and Saban said no. Why???

Hah, that's funny, cuz in Madden 06 he'd always get disgruntled over his role on the team, then I'd have to trade him, n usually I traded with the Titans for Ben Troupe.

PogiRo said:
Hah, that's funny, cuz in Madden 06 he'd always get disgruntled over his role on the team, then I'd have to trade him, n usually I traded with the Titans for Ben Troupe.

we gotta pick up a corner

He probably didnt like the offer...after those 2 teams (rams/titans) get shellacked this week the offer might go up a round or 2 :).

Phinlivin'in703 said:
we gotta pick up a corner

M not saying we should pick up Ben Troupe... I'm saying in Madden... In Madden I already traded for Lito Sheppard and still had Madison. M a Gator. And Zgonina will not get us a corner, at least not one that will do anything on this team.

PogiRo said:
M not saying we should pick up Ben Troupe... I'm saying in Madden... In Madden I already traded for Lito Sheppard and still had Madison. M a Gator. And Zgonina will not get us a corner, at least not one that will do anything on this team.

got me mistaken, wasn't talkin' bout' your madden franchise, in real life we need a corner

Phinlivin'in703 said:
got me mistaken, wasn't talkin' bout' your madden franchise, in real life we need a corner

Dude, lighten up, my original post was friendly banter... I was just sayin it was kinda funny than in the game Zgonina would get pissed off n... aw screw it, lighten up.

PogiRo said:
Dude, lighten up, my original post was friendly banter... I was just sayin it was kinda funny than in the game Zgonina would get pissed off n... aw screw it, lighten up.

wasn't argueing but if you thought that than sorry

Back
Top Bottom