Zgonina Inactive = On Trading Block | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina Inactive = On Trading Block

PogiRo said:
Hah, that's funny, cuz in Madden 06 he'd always get disgruntled over his role on the team, then I'd have to trade him, n usually I traded with the Titans for Ben Troupe.

Same thing always happened to me. :D

I can't blame Zgonina for being unhappy with his present position, but I hope he understands that Saban controls his fortune and takes it like a man. He'll be active his share of games.

My guess is that he won't be traded unless he makes a stink. In that case, I wonder what Saban will do with him. I wouldn't put it past Nick to make this a battle of wills if Jeff doesn't act like a team player.

Zgonina's a veteran DT with Super Bowl experience so it's understandable that he wants a bigger role on a team. Hopefully he's learned from Manny's problem that it's Saban who's the final say. Saban hopefully won't send him off without getting a draft pick or a solid veteran DB/OL (i.e. not like Michael Lehan) in return.

Phinlivin'in703 said:
wasn't argueing but if you thought that than sorry

oh, my bad, thought you had a problem with me bringing up madden when you quoted me in yer first post.

Agree

Regan21286 said:
Zgonina's a veteran DT with Super Bowl experience so it's understandable that he wants a bigger role on a team. Hopefully he's learned from Manny's problem that it's Saban who's the final say. Saban hopefully won't send him off without getting a draft pick or a solid veteran DB/OL (i.e. not like Michael Lehan) in return.

This is what it comes down to. So watch the Tennessee game this weekend and hope their D-Line struggles, because that'll force them to crap or get off the pot regarding the trade for Zgonina.

From what I've read, it sounds like they are offering too low a pick for Saban's liking. Maybe a three way trade could be worked out of they don't have any O-linemen or DB's at the level we need and whom they're willing to trade.

Barry

Bpk said:
This is what it comes down to. So watch the Tennessee game this weekend and hope their D-Line struggles, because that'll force them to crap or get off the pot regarding the trade for Zgonina.

From what I've read, it sounds like they are offering too low a pick for Saban's liking. Maybe a three way trade could be worked out of they don't have any O-linemen or DB's at the level we need and whom they're willing to trade.

Barry

They're rebuilding so they'll stick with their cruddy DL unless they get an offer they can't refuse.

Supposedly we look to keep only 5 guys on the inside DL active. Those guys were Carter, Roth, Traylor, Wilkinson, and Holliday. The outside guys active were Taylor and Bowens.

That's exactly how it should be, trade or no trade.

Dolphins sign guard-center Darilek

BY ARMANDO SALGUERO

asalguero@herald.com

The Dolphins signed guard-center Trey Darilek to the roster Monday and have apparently waived guard Wade Smith.
Darilek, a fourth-round selection of the Philadelphia Eagles in 2004, signed over the weekend and was at practice Monday morning.
Smith, who is in his fourth year, is a former starter at tackle but has been falling out of favor with the Miami coaching staff since Nick Saban took over as coach.
Smith last week was inactive for the Pittsburgh game despite the fact he had been on the roster the entire preseason. Kendyl Jacox, who had been on the team only three days, was active ahead of Smith.
''My job now is getting the calls,'' said Darilek, who was released by the Eagles before the regular season.
Also on Monday, the Dolphins excused defensive tackle Dan Wilkinson from practice for personal reasons, according to Saban.

Ahhhh.

ckparrothead said:
Supposedly we look to keep only 5 guys on the inside DL active. Those guys were Carter, Roth, Traylor, Wilkinson, and Holliday. The outside guys active were Taylor and Bowens.

That's exactly how it should be, trade or no trade.

Well, that's disappointing, as it means there may be no suitors for poor Rapunzel. Jeff will just have to keep busting his arse at practise so he can ride the pines on Sundays. There's motivation.

If someone hits Vonnie Holliday in the shin with a corwbar this week as he leaves the ice skating rink, at least we'll have a suspect.

B.

(yeah, maybe Vonnie likes to ice-skate on weeknights. It's possible you know. Hey, I wouldn't have guessed his name was Dimetry Giovonni either, so who knows?)

We'll see Jeff on the field. Sure his pissed... but IMO thats a good thing.. when he does get his shot he should have some fire. It's a numbers game. we have alot of old guys out there... during the season Saban may choose to rest some guys. I thought Jeff played well enough to be on the game roster though

PhinsRock said:
See FinHeaven article on Zgonina being unhappy, Rams & Titans apparently wanted to do a deal, or showed interest anyway, and Saban said no. Why???
Believe this or not. I believe Saban knows that we are going to need Zgonina sometime in the near future. The guy is football old but he's a gamer, and has always given the Dolphins 110%. I think we keep Zagonina.

Back
Top Bottom