Zgonina/Simmons making presence felt | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina/Simmons making presence felt

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
From MiamiDolphins.com-

"Miami Dolphins Head Coach Dave Wannstedt finally revealed to everyone what he and his staff have known all along - defensive tackle Jeff Zgonina could be the team's best acquisition of this past offseason.

“Jeff Zgonina might be one of the best-kept secrets of our offseason,†Wannstedt said. “I say that sincerely. He’s a player, number one. He’s committed to winning and doing whatever it takes to win. He’s smart and he’s got that veteran experience to understand what it takes.â€Â"

Head Coach Dave Wannstedt (on WR Sam Simmons): “He’s in the mix right now and he’s having a very good camp. He made another big play today. I’m anxious to see what he does on special teams. We’ve got Charlie Rogers, but Sam’s going to get a couple of punt returns and kickoff returns next week against Tampa. I’m anxious to see what he does. All indications are that he’s ready to step up and maybe make a contribution.ââ¬Â

EDIT: LINK FIXED

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't look good for Baker and Newsome with Chambers,Thompson,McKnight,Tolver.Gadsden,Rogers and maybe Simmons in front of them.

Zgonina baby. The Phins upgraded at DT.

I knew it, I knew it all along.....Before mini-camps began, i predicted Zgonina would be our Starting DT over Chester.....now if i could only find the thread.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
I knew it, I knew it all along.....Before mini-camps began, i predicted Zgonina would be our Starting DT over Chester.....now if i could only find the thread.

Who talking about Zgonia being a starter?

Cester isn't chopped liver. Playing hurt last year he was fairly solid. I expect a few more sacks out of him this year.

Originally posted by FinsGoToGuy
It doesn't look good for Baker and Newsome with Chambers,Thompson,McKnight,Tolver.Gadsden,Rogers and maybe Simmons in front of them.

Is there a chance we would keep Rogers AND Simmons (on the regular roster, not counting the practice squad)? Seems like we're pretty tight on the roster situation as it is.....

Now only if the OL can report like this, I'll feel so much better, the D is deep.

Any one have info on this guy?

With Nails out, undrafted free agent Billy Yates got time with the first unit. Yates, who played at Texas A&M with center Seth McKinney and guard Taylor Whitley, has been singled out for his play in the past few days by coach Dave Wannstedt and offensive line coach Tony Wise

Originally posted by Predaphin34

You mean this?-

"Who is UNDERATED/OVERATED on our team going into the season??? quote:

cannot include Rookies, for we have not seen them play an NFL game.....

You can, however, include B.Greise & S.Knight as it looks like they will become Dolphins soon....

Underated I use to think it was Patrick Surtain, but now he is definatley getting the respect he deserves....but one guy I think is underated right now is Jeff Zgonina, I think this guy has what it takes to beat out Larry Chester if given the chance...."

http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?s=&threadid=16889&highlight=Jeff+Zgonina

Zgonina is going to be solid. I cannot wait until the season. I doubt he starts but I bet he could start on every other team in our division with the way he is playing.

Back
Top Bottom