Zgonina To Visit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina To Visit

RunRicky34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dolphins | Zgonina To Visit - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
7:16 PT: Updating previous reports, the Post-Dispatch reports free agent DT Jeff Zgonina (Rams) will soon visit with the Miami Dolphins.

What are your opinions on this?

They must be getting ready for the signing of Jermaine Haley with someone else. This really stinks, Haley is a great player.

Just beause Zgonia visits Miami does mean we wont sign Haley,and has Halet recieved any offers as of late......

his agent Drew Rosenhus has said that he expects to receive an offer for Haley from another team very soon.

I also don't think this is a good sign. I hope we match any offer for Haley. Does anyone know why we didn't put a higher tender on Haley?

Well, he's 30. He is a 3rd DT in our rotation. He's not seen as a player who is going to continue to improve and most feel Zgonina is just as good if not better and will come cheap.

The difference between 600k and 1.35 mil on the cap is a ton when you don't have any room to begin with.

The Phins didn't want to eat up cap space for a rotational DT. Placing the first round tender on him would have hurt us.

Still doesn't make any sense. K.C and another team are looking at him as a starter. He was a 16 game starter last year. Why in the hell are we even bothering?

i like the idea of looking at DT. after all, Tim Bo has been around longer than anyone else on the team. He's still a quality player but I think his clock winding down...

Funny thing is that he is younger than Haley.

This is a joke. It's just another case of using us to drive up the price from another team. I bet K.C's got a contract on the table for him and he's trying to squeeze an extra 100-250k or something.

I think K.C. does have a contract on

the table...because according to ProFootball talk (I think)...GM Carl Peterson is waiting for a response from him.

Back
Top Bottom