Zgonina trade to Rams could still happen! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina trade to Rams could still happen!

Get ANYTHING for him, and I'll be happy.

Give us our third back and they can have Taylor Whitley also.

Anything at this point. I was rooting for a 5th, but I would take a 6th. Just get it done.

I have a feeling they want to give a 7th and we're looking to replace the 6th burned on Boston (not that there was anything wrong with trying for that price).

Who are we going to get in the 6th or 7th that is better than Zgonina? Isnt he signed really cheap? I guess with our recent signings he's expendable but hes a really solid backup that can start if needed. We had a ton of injuries last year, if the same thing happens Id rather have him than rookie taken in the 7th round playing. A 5th or 4th(dreamland) Id do but why not just keep him if he's signed for a cheap price?

finfansince72 said:
Who are we going to get in the 6th or 7th that is better than Zgonina? Isnt he signed really cheap? I guess with our recent signings he's expendable but hes a really solid backup that can start if needed. We had a ton of injuries last year, if the same thing happens Id rather have him than rookie taken in the 7th round playing. A 5th or 4th(dreamland) Id do but why not just keep him if he's signed for a cheap price?

The assumption has been that he doesn't fit in with Nick's plans. That goes double if Nick does plan on using the 3-4 with any frequency this year.

The Rams are waiting for us to cut him just like Konrad.As we sign new players we have to make cap space.

if we trade him for a pick then we get something for nothing. zegonia will be cut other wise

finfansince72 said:
My thoughts exactly. He can still be a very solid reserve and with the uncertainty of Bowens and Chester healthwise, I'd think we'd be better off keeping JZ around. When he didn't have to start and play so many snaps as last year, he was very good in a rotation. He also has played on the nose in a 3-4 before and would just add to the versatility of the front seven when we did go to that formation from time to time.
We could get another Derrick Pope or Jermaine Haley with an extra 6th or 7th, but the odds are, we'd get another Rick Crowell or Nathan Strikwerda

Zgonina would prob be traded (hopefully) as we pick up Tebucky. the other thing I am hoping is that surtain gets traded so we can get Howard and we will then have a very stout D line for sure.

Back
Top Bottom