Zgonina | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zgonina

Crzynick25

Seasoned Veteran
Club Member
Reaction score
Hey, im from Mass so ive only gotten to see the Jets and Bills game TV, but what im wondering is with Bowens questionable, and anyone heard Jeff Zgonina name being called at all? i havent seen him make any plays in the 2 games i got to see, and with a guy like Fred Taylor is could be costly not having T BO.

I believe he made some plays last week. I remember one play he got Tiki in the backfield. I think Timbo will be ready to go, just have to wait for those stitches to work out.

He was in last week against the Giants. I heard his name a few times and saw him diving in a few others. Not sure how much he played, but I know he was in there giving what he's got. Made some good tackles too.

If Timbo can't go, I think Zgonina will do fine. He's a veteran and that's why they signed him. He played pretty well last week.

Last week he made a diving tackle to stop Tiki who had cut back and looke like he could run for 20 yards. He's not TimBo but he'll do us proud.

Zgonina is a high motor guy, mean dude. A leader. And he's still playing at a high level.

Last edited by a moderator:
TimBo brings so much to the table it isn't even funny. Over the past year or two I have really stepped up my appreciation for the dude. He goes about his business without demanding the spotlight and does it well. He really is one of the key people on the defense. When he was out last week against the Giants, that is when Tiki did his damage.

Zgonina did a fine job, but there is a reaosn he is the third in command. He is a crafty veteran who brings stability to the rotation. Like others have said, he still has a few plays he can make as well. I really hope TimBo can go though, he is such a huge factor.

Timbo is a run stopping monster.

It seems like to me that Zgonina is more active in getting to the runner,.He's got some damn thick legs, and he's pretty good, but he's not Timbo.

Zgonina has done a good job for the Fins this year. You have to remember that while the DTs do a great job, the DEs usually get the spotlight.

Back
Top Bottom