Ziggy Ansah | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ziggy Ansah

ericcoc

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This guy was dominate in the senior bowl. would love to line him up opposite wake and terrorize Brady. What does everybody think?

Very raw, has very high ceiling... I would not draft him at 12. But if we go wr/cb with the first pick I would def be okay with him in 2nd. If we go de at 12, mingo, Werner, or Moore even Jordan I think are more polished

I thought he had the 3rd-best game among DLinemen yesterday. He covers a lot of field and plays the run really well, but still not sold as a good pass-rusher. Cornelius Washington (DE, UGA) and Kawaan Short (DT, Purdue) were monsters yesterday.

Was dominant versus who? You think he would have been dominant if he were going up against Fisher? not a chance. He is what he is. Got all the tools, he just needs to know how to use them. If he fits the mold, we will take him. JPP comparison is based on his rawness. He makes up for it in effort.

And keep in mind Mayock said yesterday that these guys often times in the one on one drills that they try to do too much and get lost in the shuffle.

I loved him coming into the week of practices at the Senior Bowl. I soured when seeing do little in practice. I am now very interested in Ansah after his performance yesterday.

How long do you have to wait for him to figure it out is my issue...

Ziggy was great. He has the JPP starter kit. The NFL has lots of players that practice lousy but turn it on during games. All sports do. If he's there at 12 grab him. He won't be, but if he is, take him, as long as Eric Fisher is gone.

I kind of get pulled back to how I felt about brandon graham a few years back.

it's too easy to fall in love with a guy after one good game. I'm still not sold on this dude at 12. I dont see that changing even if he lights up the combine.

Keep in mind, For those who love Dion Jordan, Eric Fisher would stone his lighter azz all day. mingo? He would toss him like a rag doll.

Ansah has good size for a complete DE and good character. He would fit in that regard.

The issue for me in the end is getting a good CB in this draft which is more needed. Poyer/Trufant are now first rounders IMO.

Trufant has risen to a mid 1st rounder. Honestly, Fisher has been blowing up. I know, the whole fanbase would explode. Same people who want Matt Flynn. That kinda crap. You snag Eric Fisher, let Jake walk, go after talent again. Pick up a WR in the bottom for the 1st.

He was terrible during the practice week but showed up during the game itself mostly by flashing his superior athleticism and motor. In pass rush I think the only tackle he could consistently beat was Rick Wagner who was one of the worst tackles on either squad from the week of practice. Otherwise his influence on the game was mostly motor stuff, second chance opportunities where the quarterback leaves the pocket or works it improperly, coverage sacks, etc.

Kawann Short was far better at defensive tackle than Zeke Ansah was at defensive end, IMO.

And Cornelius Washington of Georgia was a straight up better pass rusher than Ansah during the game, and was a FAR better pass rusher during the week of practice. That's one guy you'd better look out for rising up the boards.

I like Zeke Ansah a lot. He made plays exactly as you would hope a two-down, base defensive end in your 4-3 defense would. However he came no closer to showing me that he can rush the passer from end or tackle on passing downs and that is the key to whether he's worth it at 12 overall or not.

Perfect example happened in the final 2 minutes. The North was down too much to still win or tie the game but everyone was treating that final 2 minutes exactly like they would a game-ending drive, because they knew that's what the scouts wanted to see. This is where your pass rushers are supposed to close out the game for you. Zeke Ansah got a sack, but it was a pure coverage sack where the coverage was so strong the QB pulled down the ball and ran straight up into where Ansah was. Otherwise, Ansah couldn't get a lick of pressure on this simulated all-important game-ending drive. The North went up the field for a touchdown. That's what you have to be scared about if you're looking at taking him 12 overall. You buy a pass rusher at 12 overall thinking he's going to help you close out the game in situations like those. But instead you had a player that was really no better than Koa Misi would've been in the same situation.

ck, i dont even see cornelius washington listed at all on two sites i frequent!

rising up from the undrafted's? nice size from senior bowl weigh in though. 6'4" 268 holy crap.

ck, i dont even see cornelius washington listed at all on two sites i frequent!

rising up from the undrafted's? nice size from senior bowl weigh in though. 6'4" 268 holy crap.

He'll rise quickly. There's a reason he was invited to the Senior Bowl.

Washington's story is interesting because at Georgia he looked lethargic at times, but seemed to come alive when they actually asked him to do what he's good at, which is engage in outside pass rush from a down position. They just didn't have him do that much because of the way they run their defense. He was playing some closed end, playing inside the tackle's shoulder, just outside the tackle's shoulder, sometimes an OLB position, sometimes a 7 technique. He'd often stunt to the B gap. He was "decent" at all of these things but it's not until you ask him to engage in straight up pass rush that you see him come alive. He got more chances to show that at Senior Bowl practices and he really showed up. He showed up equally well in the games themselves, getting held at least four times that I saw (called twice I believe), getting a sack-strip, and also pressuring the passer a few more times including once that I believe resulted in an interception. He was every bit as impactful as Zeke Ansah, just in a different way. A more traditional pass rushing way.

He reminds me so much of Mark Anderson. I believe he'll test like Mark Anderson and at the next level I think he'll play like Mark Anderson. When you "get it right" with him as far as how you play him and in what kinds of situations you play him, he could be a very productive pass rusher at the next level. I just don't know if he's ever going to be a complete guy. But you'll get him in the mid rounds, and you're going to get a good return on investment at that level if you use him right.

He was 6'4" and I believe 264 lbs with 34 inch arms and an 82 inch wing span. He's got a nice frame. So did/does Mark Anderson.

ansah dominated a bunch of scrubs at the senior bowl...stiff as they come billy wagner at tackle the worst blocking big body te that used to play defensive end in kaza who is god awful in all facets and whipped guys who can't block a lick in the te otten who proved that if you put him in line it's a disaster waiting to happen...

the late game sack ansah got was a direct reflection of just an awful bail the pocket straight back decision by nassib who looked like garbage in the game...he ran right into that sack...ansah showed to be a solid all around football player but dammit all guys we need impact pass rush talent and upside and his pass rush at this stage is very marginal and limited...he just does not possess rediculous rush tools and arsenal...so the upside as a pass rusher is a problem...whooping scrubs isn't gonna get it done on sundays

The QBs and O-line of the North team were so appalling, I don't see a lot of benefit in assessing the performance of anybody when they had the ball. Wheaton and Goodwin somehow managed to come out looking good, on the scraps they got. But in reality, the South D had a pretty easy time and the North O couldn't string much of anything together.

I wouldn't include that game in any eval of a guy like Ansah, personally.

Watching the South O against the North D was far more instructive, imo. A lot of good players in that North D. I know Trufant has been a darling of the Bowl week, but I am starting to really warm to Poyer coming on board. I thought he was excellent in coverage and is a ball magnet. Sylvester Williams outplayed Short of Purdue imo. Both DTs had a monster job on their hands with Schwenke and Warmack, who were outstanding. They still found opportunities to shine, which is no mean feat.

Back
Top Bottom