Zimmer at the top of the list now according to Albert Breer | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer at the top of the list now according to Albert Breer

Matt Moore is a get-by game manager...nothing more. He is definitely better than Henne but that's not saying much. Daboll deserves more credit for developing Moore than Ireland for signing him
Yes, but not exactly "refusing to address" the position

Matt Moore might not be the solution long-term but if you look at who was available, I don't think Ireland could have done better. We got a guy who was above average at the position compared to the rest of the league for only $1.5m per season and we didn't have to give up anything to get him.

Orton would have been a disaster.

Matt Moore might not be the solution long-term but if you look at who was available, I don't think Ireland could have done better. We got a guy who was above average at the position compared to the rest of the league for only $1.5m per season and we didn't have to give up anything to get him. Orton would have been a disaster.
Well, had we taken Ryan mallett over DT i think we would be sitting pretty right now.

Yay. Another defensive guy that's likely gonna favor defensive guys in the draft, and be conservative as hell on offense. We'll see...
So you think Zimmer will be in charge of the draft when they wouldnt let fischer run it. Nope. He is on a team with a good offensive coordinator, he gets it.

this will be a big set back for the team, but then again we have been in set back mode since jimmy johnson gave wanny the keys to the car

Matt Moore?

Guys...

Let's not make Ireland's pick up of Moore seem more than it was...

An 11th hour pick-up since he had to get someone to be the backup. He didnt draft anyone and couldn't get Palmer or Orton (cheaper).

Regardless of how Orton worked out in Monday Morning QB circles, at the time we only had Henne and it seemed pretty clear that Ireland had made the decision to make Henne the man (worked out great! :lol:) and got Moore due to the DALLAS connection again. That the 11th hour "oh well, we are fine with Henne at QB" decision, shot in the dark, lets get another ex-Dallas guy in here semi-worked out is no big deal.

So you think Zimmer will be in charge of the draft when they wouldnt let fischer run it. Nope. He is on a team with a good offensive coordinator, he gets it.

He certainly could in the future. Another losing season (Which is likely), and the ginger will more than likely be fired. If/when that happens, it's not out of the realm of possibility that the coach gets another year, and works at least in conjunction with the new (also defensive minded) gm.

I like the idea of any three of those guys, but I am kinda pulling for Toub now.

I believe CK posted in another thread that if we got Zimmer then Hue Jackson, who was just let go by the Raiders, would be a good possibility as OC. I think Zimmer could bring a good staff with him. Might be the best choice right now.

Back
Top Bottom