Zimmer+Daboll | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer+Daboll

mandal24

Genesis
Reaction score
First off, I got love for Daboll. It seems to me that during our losing streak, Sparano enforced his 3 yards and a cloud of dust approach and Daboll was handcuffed to it. But once the losses piled on, Daboll was allowed to unlock more of his skills as a play caller and we have seen the progression of an offense, of a QB, and of a running back. I think with him running the offense and Moore running the show (with a rookie QB waiting in the wings, we could be okay going forward)..

Now for Zimmer.. the guy is a player's coach. He's a high energy, no-nonsense, in your face guy and I'm all for that as I'm sure most players are. Not to mention, he has coached up underrated Bengals teams with no true superstars (even after losing Jonathan Joseph this past year).
Transition back to a 4-3. Sign and trade Soliai to a desperate 3-4 team looking for a NT.(2nd round pick??)
Wake as an edge rusher in a 4-3 would be insane with Odrick right next to him as a DT. Langford (or) Starks as the other DT and a rookie DE (or maybe a guy like Mario Williams or Robert Mathis)on the other side. Our LBers are already set with Dansby at MLB, Burnett and Misi as the OLBers.
We would need to draft or find a QB, a FS, and a RT through free agency. I truly believe our defense has better players than the Bengals so we could potentially have a top 8 defense.

i dont see any reason to have love for daboll 3 seasons as an oc and not one in top 20.

What is with this man crush for Daboll, he's been beyond underwhelming.

Transition back to a 4-3. Sign and trade Soliai to a desperate 3-4 team looking for a NT.(2nd round pick??)
Wake as an edge rusher in a 4-3 would be insane with Odrick right next to him as a DT. Langford (or) Starks as the other DT and a rookie DE on the other side. Our LBers are already set with Dansby at MLB, Burnett and Misi as the OLBers.

Why must Soliai be traded? Look at the Lions.. They had Suh but still drafted Fairley.

In the 4-3, you need DT's to protect the Mike; I'm not Zach Thomas and therefore would not know.

Put Misi @ LDE where he played in College, Burnett @ WLB, & Dansby @ SLB. Then draft Carder from TCU for MLB and boom goes the dynamite and by dynamite I mean opposing offenses.

Look at Reggie's success as a true running back. Daboll has to be given some credit. Marshall with over 1200 yards receiving with 15 yards per catch. The emergence of Matt Moore (who knows what could've been if Sparano would've started Moore, clearly the better QB, from the start of the season.

Yeah we need back the architect of the number 1 offense in the NFL... oh wait

Why must Soliai be traded? Look at the Lions.. They had Suh but still drafted Fairley.

In the 4-3, you need DT's to protect the Mike; I'm not Zach Thomas and therefore would not know.

Put Misi @ LDE where he played in College, Burnett @ WLB, & Dansby @ SLB. Then draft Carder from TCU for MLB and boom goes the dynamite and by dynamite I mean opposing offenses.

Suh is in another world when compared to Soliai. Suh is actually quick and can penetrate, Soliai just takes up space so that his LBers can get the RB. He's a true NT.

Yea, lets just keep changing our OCs every year. I'm sure that'll be beneficial. We could always try building on what worked in the previous year

Yea, lets just keep changing our OCs every year. I'm sure that'll be beneficial. We could always try building on what worked in the previous year

Yeah or let's just keep our OC who has done nothing good in the league, like ever. Stop being blinded by homerism.

if you take our scores from when Moore really got comfortable(week 9 and beyond).. Our scoring outputs are...31, 20, 35, 19, 34, 10, 30, 24, and 19.. or 25 points per game

Yeah or let's just keep our OC who has done nothing good in the league, like ever. Stop being blinded by homerism.
Creatively utilizing Reggie Bush, getting Brandon Marshall 81 catches and over 1200 yards, a QB that at times has been one of top in the league (statistically) with a OL that had a beat up Jake Long, an injured Vernon Carey, and Marc elfin Colombo. Ya he did fine. Add that with Sparano's fail goal mentality and Daboll will only improve

i dont see any reason to have love for daboll 3 seasons as an oc and not one in top 20.

Actually we were 20th in scoring points. In the games Moore started we would have been 18. If Henne would not have started I bet this number would be better.

Actually we were 20th in scoring points. In the games Moore started we would have been 18. If Henne would not have started I bet this number would be better.

im quite sure there are better coordinators out there than daboll he has proven little in his three years. mularkey had a similar season when he was our oc yet he is reviled with less talent

Not sure on Zimmer really would love to keep OC and DC. At least it will keep some continuity. 0-7 really shows the importance of that.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:25 PM ----------

im quite sure there are better coordinators out there than daboll he has proven little in his three years. mularkey had a similar season when he was our oc yet he is reviled with less talent

Please name one that is available.

Most Fins fans hated the Daboll hire. Now everyone wants to keep him. Hopefully the same will happen with a head coach.

Back
Top Bottom