Zimmer Interview Tuesday, Dolphins show interest in Jay Gruden/Mike Sherman | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zimmer Interview Tuesday, Dolphins show interest in Jay Gruden/Mike Sherman

Not sure why some people see Chud as being so much a better canidate than Mularkey, how many times has a team he coorindated made the playoffs Chud that is. Mularkey is a good canidate and alot of teams see him as such unlike Toub
Mularkey does have a mysteriously good reputation in this league. But this is a league of confusion, copycats and constant turnover, where the majority of teams are failures so you can't just defer to some leaguewide opinion without a grain a salt. We had an up close view of Mularkey and in my eyes he failed in his position as coordinator more completely than anyone since Olivadotti. The dropoff from Linehan was gigantic. I don't like the mentality of his offense and I don't like the results. Atlanta's offense is a disappointment. In the context of the talent of each team Chud succeeded far more this year than Mularkey did.

Mularkey does have a mysteriously good reputation in this league. But this is a league of confusion, copycats and constant turnover, where the majority of teams are failures so you can't just defer to some leaguewide opinion without a grain a salt. We had an up close view of Mularkey and in my eyes he failed in his position as coordinator more completely than anyone since Olivadotti. The dropoff from Linehan was gigantic. I don't like the mentality of his offense and I don't like the results. Atlanta's offense is a disappointment. In the context of the talent of each team Chud succeeded far more this year than Mularkey did.

Linhan was not forced to run another mans offense , Mularkey was. Mularkey has succeeded way more than he failed in this league as a coordinator. Chud has had some good years and one very bad year so I think its not fair to act like he is such a great canidate yet dismiss Mularkey who has produced top 10 offenses with 2 different teams and both offenses were the highest rankled in a long time for each team. Also in Mularkey's defense in Miami dont forget they changed Qb's and got a gimpy Culpepper to run that offense along with harrington . Yardage wise they were not good but was 2oth ranked which is higher than Daboll was this year. Horrible qb play from harrington doomed that offense with a 68 qb rating , no OC could have succeeded with that garbage at qb. On a positive note Brown had his only 1000 yard season under Mularkey. This team did not have a qb that could lead them to scores along with a horrid oline which doomed him running Linhans offense which he should have never been running in first place. You saw what kind of results Chud got in Cleveland with bad qb play. Kind of funny how people praise Daboll for having the 22nd ranked offense but damn Mularkey for having the 20th ranked offense .
You cant even say mularkey was fired here because Cameron is his own coordinator and with Mularkey as TE coach his combo of Martin and Peele had more catches than Fasano and Clay which was a pretty damn good acheivement. Not saying Mularkey is the bees knees but he is a quite worthy canidate. People talk smack about his time in Buffalo and forget that he has the only winning season in a decade for buffalo and in his second year had to deal with kelly Holcomb and Jp Losman as his qb's. He was in no danger of being fired and stepped down not long after the man that hired him was dumped. I dont see how this is viewed as some horrible failure. He didnt like the direction of the franchise and chose to walk away from a 5 year right after the team president that hired him was dumped , not sure how thats failure or success. From the look of the Bills present day he probably made the right decision. I dont get all the hate for a guy that decided that he wanted to resign because of disagreement of direction and possibly family issues.

Mularkey sucks, Sherman would suck even more.

Chud seems to be very high on Jacksonville's list and we may not get the chance to interview him. I thought I read somewhere that Jacksonville was bringing Chud in for a second interview.

mike sherman sucks balls. he coudln't get it done with the packers, then went to texas a&m where he even sucked more there...I would take sparano back in a heart beat over sherman

Do some of you actually believe what you type?

Mike Sherman couldn't get it done with the Packers? 57-39 record with the Packers, two 12 win seasons, two 10 win seasons. He only had one losing season there.

About time on Jay Gruden. Now get Chud in there.

Interesting article fron Sun Herald:

"Ross has made it clear he wants a coach that can develop a franchise quarterback and establish a high-octane offense - ingredients that could put the Dolphins back into the playoffs and get fans back in Sun Life Stadium".

"Rob Chudzinski: The Dolphins interviewed the former Miami Hurricanes tight end for their offensive coordinator position a year ago. They ended up with Brian Daboll, while Chudzinski took the same post with Carolina and directed an offense led by rookie quarterback Cam Newton, who threw for 4,051 yards this season. The Panthers set a franchise record with 6,237 yards, which has already earned Chudzinski an interview for the head job in Jacksonville. A side note, Newton's quarterbacks coach in Carolina was Mike Shula".

http://www.sunherald.com/2012/01/09/3675430/slim-pickings-for-dolphins-if.html

I fail to see the harm in interviewing as many candidates as possible, does not mean they will be hired. We could be like the Bucs and interview the likes of Childress and Wade Philips.

Back
Top Bottom