Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 16 Edititon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 16 Edititon

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
This was pathetic throughout the organization today. I’ve never seen a team need a win so bad play worse than the Dolphins did today. This is on coaching and players. My disappointment is complete. On to the grades:

QB - F : Well.... I keep saying I haven’t seen any improvement in Tua from week to week. I’m now seeing regression. 3 picks is pathetic. The receivers and the play calling didn’t help. I’ll give my season ending thoughts in a final grade post.....But Tua should be the starter next year. You have to give him time. Period.

RB’s - C - : Gaskin played decent today. The OL didn’t give him much help but he ran hard and actually caught the ball unlike our receivers.

WR’s - F : Drops all over the place. No separation at all anywhere. Even if they got away from their man, Tua wouldn’t hit them anyway. At least Parker made some plays. Draft pick 1A needs to be a receiver. Period.

TE’s - D : A few nice catches by The TE’s. Not much other than that.

OL - F : Terrible again. We are gonna need upgrades here in the off-season as well. Karras can retire as far as I’m concerned. I think his communication is terrible. We’re gonna use a 2nd rounder on the OL again.

DL - F : No real pressure. Tackling was horrid. They picked a great game to play like ****. Not one play made that made any type of difference.

LB’s - D - : Van Ginkel prevents the F here. Other than that..... Nothing.

DB’s - F - : What are we paying these guys? Interceptions by X and Jones doesn’t prevent the F here. Buffalo receivers we’re running like crazy all over the field uncovered. We need a safety in the draft.

ST’s - F : A punt return for a TD by Buffalo sealed the deal here. Haack with terrible punts didn’t help. Sanders was good today.

Coaching and Front Office - F : Gailey calls plays way too conservative with Tua. Consistently. He is not the OC that this team needs. Period. I hope he retires in the off season. In a game you have to have, we can’t come out with first down runs and passes into the flat until the 3rd quarter. I realize you can’t make chicken salad from chicken ****, but his play calling was terrible all year long with Tua. As for defense, the Amoeba Defense confuses the **** out of everyone. But we stopped playing it. Terrible idea. Again, we needed this game and we didn’t play well in any phase. That’s on Flores. As for our GM.... Grier needs to draft a receiver with pick 1A after a trade down. Parsons would be a luxury we can’t afford.

Playoffs? I honestly don’t think we’re a legitimate playoff team. I hope we don’t make it at this point. We have a few too many holes right now.

Last edited:
This was pathetic throughout the organization today. I’ve never seen a team need a win so bad play worse than the Dolphins did today. This is on coaching and players. My disappointment is complete. On to the grades:

QB - F : Well.... I keep saying I haven’t seen any improvement in Tua from week to week. I’m now seeing regression. 3 picks is pathetic. The receivers and the play calling didn’t help. I’ll give my season ending thoughts in a final grade post.....But Tua should be the starter next year. You have to give him time. Period.

RB’s - C - : Gaskin played decent today. The OL didn’t give him much help but he ran hard and actually caught the ball unlike our receivers.

WR’s - F : Drops all over the place. No separation at all anywhere. Even if they got away from their man, Tua wouldn’t hit them anyway. At least Parker made some plays. Draft pick 1A needs to be a receiver. Period.

OL - F : Terrible again. We are gonna need upgrades here in the off-season as well. Karras can retire as far as I’m concerned. I think his communication is terrible. We’re gonna use a 2nd rounder on the OL again.

DL - F : No real pressure. Tackling was horrid. They picked a great game to play like ****. Not one play made that made any type of difference.

DB’s - F - : What are we paying these guys? Interceptions by X and Jones doesn’t prevent the F here. Buffalo receivers we’re running like crazy all over the field uncovered. We need a safety in the draft.

ST’s - F : A punt return for a TD by Buffalo sealed the deal here. Haack with terrible punts didn’t help. Sanders was good today.

Coaching and Front Office - F : Gailey calls plays way too conservative with Tua. Consistently. He is not the OC that this team needs. Period. I hope he retires in the off season. In a game you have to have, we can’t come out with first down runs and passes into the flat until the 3rd quarter. I realize you can’t make chicken salad from chicken ****, but his play calling was terrible all year long with Tua. As for defense, the Amoeba Defense confuses the **** out of everyone. But we stopped playing it. Terrible idea. Again, we needed this game and we didn’t play well in any phase. That’s on Flores. As for our GM.... Grier needs to draft a receiver with pick 1A after a trade down. Parsons would be a luxury we can’t afford.

Playoffs? I honestly don’t think we’re a legitimate playoff team. I hope we don’t make it at this point. We have a few too many holes right now.
I kinda agree and Flores ain't losing his job if we did play Buff again and had same result...what he did lose imo is coy.

If you see regression and no improvement in TUA why he should be the starter next season?? just because he is over hyped and a #5 overall pick? he has played pretty timid and innaccurate all season!!!!

Agree with your grades for most part, but I disagree about WR having to be the pick. It’s really hard to pass on a generational tackle for a WR.

The bengals might be willing to pay a kings ransom for the privilege though which would be ideal.

If you see regression and no improvement in TUA why he should be the starter next season?? just because he is over hyped and a #5 overall pick? he has played pretty timid and innaccurate all season!!!!
Because he has zero help on offense. Because he has Chan Gailey as his OC. Because he’s only played 9 games in the NFL. That’s why.

Last edited:
The answer to that is kind of yea. He may have been overhyped but we won’t know that until we see a little more. Just look at josh Allen’s rookie numbers.

Agree with your grades for most part, but I disagree about WR having to be the pick. It’s really hard to pass on a generational tackle for a WR.

The bengals might be willing to pay a kings ransom for the privilege though which would be ideal.
I would be happy with Sewell if we have to sit at 3. I’d prefer a trade down for a King’s ransom and take the receiver at 6 or 7

The answer to that is kind of yea. He may have been overhyped but we won’t know that until we see a little more. Just look at josh Allen’s rookie numbers.
Exactly.

k7NFyPboP80jf4KNWcSu2ABtfF9iFCwhpxbJIePwqcTq5j46SxiVmGM3uj06X06-KQfBNciIuT2MdvgUkGTq_rCBRJJxHNbQjkmfub2jE3IToOFJrvvm0n8nJ0oOSU1wjDNrzqnveDtNNgtkf4IK5gBzjBJrOJ29Bmo

Because Tua still has elite potential and QBs almost always progress pretty significantly between year one and two. Because when you draft a QB #5 overall who was actually the consensus #1 overall before an injury you should at least evaluate him on a team that doesn't spend a good part of the season with Jakeem Grant as its #1 receiver with UDFAs and late round picks taking handoffs behind a line composed mostly of rookies.

The answer to that is kind of yea. He may have been overhyped but we won’t know that until we see a little more. Just look at josh Allen’s rookie numb

Numbers and stats don´t say much about the situational aspects of the game, today TUA had 300 yds but played awful to say the least, in all due respect I saw better things from Allen´s rookie year than Tua´s . TUA has shown lack of power on his throws, inaccuracy and no improvement from the first game to the last, I wouldn´t invest averything on him. Bring competition to the building as they did in every other position.

Back
Top Bottom