Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 16 Edititon | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Game 16 Edititon

To be fair the 3rd pick was the only one that was 100% Tua’s fault. The first one was on Parker. He tripped over his own feet on a slant after the ball was in the air and Norman was standing there for the pick 6. The second one was a bad throw, but (Ford?) could have made a better play on the ball. It was catchable, but either ways batting it up into the air was probably the worst idea. When a team drops 56 points on you 1 INT or 5 INTs have about the same impact on the game.

Because Tua still has elite potential and QBs almost always progress pretty significantly between year one and two. Because when you draft a QB #5 overall who was actually the consensus #1 overall before an injury you should at least evaluate him on a team that doesn't spend a good part of the season with Jakeem Grant as its #1 receiver with UDFAs and late round picks taking handoffs behind a line composed mostly of rookies.
You said it better than I did. Well played sir.

Numbers and stats don´t say much about the situational aspects of the game, today TUA had 300 yds but played awful to say the least, in all due respect I saw better things from Allen´s rookie year than Tua´s . TUA has shown lack of power on his throws, inaccuracy and no improvement from the first game to the last, I wouldn´t invest averything on him. Bring competition to the building as they did in every other position.
Oh I agree. His play this year was not good overall. But there were flashes...not many but they were there. He may not have the rocket arm but he does have an elite quick release which makes up for that. If you go back and read what people were saying about Allen after the first year it was calls of bust just like right now with Tua. Not saying tua will turn it around also, just that it wouldn’t be unprecedented by any means.

I’m definitely good with bringing in competition, just not with our first two rounds of picks. Too many holes to address.

Numbers and stats don´t say much about the situational aspects of the game, today TUA had 300 yds but played awful to say the least, in all due respect I saw better things from Allen´s rookie year than Tua´s . TUA has shown lack of power on his throws, inaccuracy and no improvement from the first game to the last, I wouldn´t invest averything on him. Bring competition to the building as they did in every other position.
I live in NY. As recent as the start of this year Allen was widely viewed as a bust by casual fans. He completed 52% of his passes for 10 TDs and 12 INTs as a rookie. If you can’t see the positives from Tua in the games vs the cardinals and chiefs that’s on you. We had the most difficult final 4 games of any team in the AFC playoff hunt by a massive margin. Just by win totals our teams had 10 more wins combined than the next closest team and like 16 more than the Ravens.

Tua has not looked good of late. He had a couple of decent outings but other than that, not much. He's been benched twice and today would have made 3 times he had to be yanked from games for being ineffective. Tua need a great off-season with a lot of hard work, a new OC and 4 or 5 new weapons at RB and receiver. Bring back Fitz as backup/ mentor.

We're in the market for a QB.

End of story.

To be fair the 3rd pick was the only one that was 100% Tua’s fault. The first one was on Parker. He tripped over his own feet on a slant after the ball was in the air and Norman was standing there for the pick 6. The second one was a bad throw, but (Ford?) could have made a better play on the ball. It was catchable, but either ways batting it up into the air was probably the worst idea. When a team drops 56 points on you 1 INT or 5 INTs have about the same impact on the game.
It was Bowden but does it matter.

If you see regression and no improvement in TUA why he should be the starter next season?? just because he is over hyped and a #5 overall pick? he has played pretty timid and innaccurate all season!!!!
Yeah, a big thing for me is that I want to see progress. I want to see improvement. I haven’t seen that with Tua. I’m seeing the same Tua as the first time he started. And against a playoff team in a must win game, he looked horrible. I’m drafting a QB at 3 and that QB and Tua can fight it out in the off-season

We're in the market for a QB.

End of story.

62792.jpg

Agreed

Lots of periods...

everything was an F. Nothing was done well today. Miami has gone too long with neither a stud RB, LB, and FS.

Because Tua still has elite potential and QBs almost always progress pretty significantly between year one and two. Because when you draft a QB #5 overall who was actually the consensus #1 overall before an injury you should at least evaluate him on a team that doesn't spend a good part of the season with Jakeem Grant as its #1 receiver with UDFAs and late round picks taking handoffs behind a line composed mostly of rookies.
Apparently the consensus was majorly WRONG about Tua

Back
Top Bottom