Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition

Not sure why you’d grade Tua so harshly in the same post where you say our OL was putrid, the WRs got no separation and our TEs were invisible. I’d point out a a player people here seem to love, Josh Allen, threw the ball 51 (that is 24 more passes than Tua had) times for 270 yards today. He averaged 9 yards per completion whereas Tua averaged 12.6 yards per completion. By no means did he play a lights out game. However, there was basically no chance we were going to walk into Foxborough week 1 and just thrash the Patriots.

Thanks Zim. Your reactions are always an interesting read. For this week I cant really argue with your assessment. Tackling was absolutely atrocious all game long. We allowed their outlet to get open on almost every 3rd down and losing Raekwon on the third play of the game had a huge impact.

And still a win is a win especially against a well coached New England team IN NEW ENGLAND...

I really can’t argue with the majority of your grades Most of them are the same grades I would give them but I would give the TE position no higher than a D at best.

There was nothing okay about Gesicki today. He went the entire game without a catch and the TE’s only had one catch in the game and that was Smythe who made that catch.
Gesicki is not relied on to block in the running game. So his importance to the team is his ability to get open and make some plays in the passing game and with no passes caught today, I certainly wouldn’t
view his play today as okay.

My issue with Gesicki since he has been a Dolphin is he will play great one week and completely disappear from the offense the next week. Hopefully he can be more effective in the pass offense the rest of the season. Because today certainly seemed like one of those disappearance acts by Gesicki.

Coming into this game my perception from the forum was we were going onto NE and leave with a convincing win.
My prediction was a close game decided in final minutes with turn overs, special teams, and field position likely deciding the game.
Its a division game between two young and rebuilding teams.
We were lucky to get out of there with a win.
And the Bills and Jets lose.
It turned out to be a very good day.
The Bills game next werk will be a huge test and measuring stick.

Lol, how does anyone take you seriously 😂

Competitive and even matched game that we won on the road.

Opening the season on the road in NE for Mac's very first game was good fortune because that kid is going to be good.

Haack had plenty of weak punts.

I admit, I had higher hopes for Palardy after his camp performance, maybe he had an off day. He did have one nice punt to the 10 yard line that our gunner gave up on and let it go in the endzone.
Maybe we can sign Amendola as punter he absolutely balled today…if he becomes available 😀

One of the most surprising/disappointing performances today was from Jaelan Phillips. He was supposed to have these elite physical tools in terms of bend and speed.

I remember looking at his RAS scores out of the draft. Crushed it. Maybe he needs to add more weigh/strength. Still early, but between pre-season and first game it's filling me with promise. I hope it's injury related.

Screen Shot 2021-09-12 at 8.18.18 PM.png

I would give Tua a B- the Oline was really bad on obvious passing downs.

Waddle had a big drop on 3rd down right when Tua seemed to be getting in a grove again.

Gesicki was nowhere to be found how was he ok?

Secondary play was elite

Tua apologists seem to need to find that one positive always. I get it but there's no way you cannot be concerned with him. He is zero threat to complete a deep ball. In fact, it's a struggle for him to complete a ball over 8 yards. Guys, he was not good. I'll be waiting for the line being the problem responses. When he had time, he was all over the place. You could see the happy feet the first throw over 5 yards on the second series. Plenty of time and started shuffling immediately. All deep balls were bad or mistimed. He got bailed out twice by receivers. He did very well with the quick hitters but the problem is if you take that away, where does he go? That's where he breaks down. When he has to make multiple looks, he's not good.

If that's your standard for winning football, it's gonna be a long year. Our defense was good but Mac was very good and poised, held the ball and knew where to go with it. I think we saw what we're going to see most weeks. If you can't see why the front office has been constantly linked to Watson, now you should. They made a mistake.

The issue with Tua is he just is not on the level with the good ones in the league when it comes to his tools. Can't run, average to below average arm, only accurate within 8 yards, awful on the run, and not a great decision maker. Those who back him, it's all good and I'm not going to change your mind but you can't feel good about what you saw today. If you say you do, you're simply lying to yourself.

I know the next responses are excuses for Tua but maybe the realistic posters can give what they are feeling.

That being said, I'm happy with the win. We need to be better with the football. I just want this team to win consistently.

Tua apologists seem to need to find that one positive always. I get it but there's no way you cannot be concerned with him. He is zero threat to complete a deep ball. In fact, it's a struggle for him to complete a ball over 8 yards. Guys, he was not good. I'll be waiting for the line being the problem responses. When he had time, he was all over the place. You could see the happy feet the first throw over 5 yards on the second series. Plenty of time and started shuffling immediately. All deep balls were bad or mistimed. He got bailed out twice by receivers. He did very well with the quick hitters but the problem is if you take that away, where does he go? That's where he breaks down. When he has to make multiple looks, he's not good.

If that's your standard for winning football, it's gonna be a long year. Our defense was good but Mac was very good and poised, held the ball and knew where to go with it. I think we saw what we're going to see most weeks. If you can't see why the front office has been constantly linked to Watson, now you should. They made a mistake.

The issue with Tua is he just is not on the level with the good ones in the league when it comes to his tools. Can't run, average to below average arm, only accurate within 8 yards, awful on the run, and not a great decision maker. Those who back him, it's all good and I'm not going to change your mind but you can't feel good about what you saw today. If you say you do, you're simply lying to yourself.

I know the next responses are excuses for Tua but maybe the realistic posters can give what they are feeling.

That being said, I'm happy with the win. We need to be better with the football. I just want this team to win consistently.
Tua had good deep throws over "8 yards" as you are saying.

Waddle & Parker completions went above 30 yards and the waddle drop on 3rd down was above 10 yards.

Back
Top Bottom