Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition

You are correct. Again it’s the anti-MD narrative. I challenge anyone to tell me that wasn’t a big time win in a tough environment. In fact no win is ever a bad win in this league. Btw Zimm, who’s leading the AFCE this morning?
We are!!

I know a lot of you guys criticize my grades. I get it. Not everyone sees it as I do. But I will never have an Anti-MD narrative. The grades and criticisms I give are in the hope we improve those areas.

As for Tua. I’ve never been anti-Tua. I’ve never joined the “Watson” brigade. Just the opposite in fact. The main reason his grade was low from me is because he should have and could have gotten us out of some bad play calls and into something better…. I haven’t seen that from him yet. As of right now…I just need to see more from him. That interception yesterday was potentially a game costing turn over.

Our OL is really a disgrace and played like it yesterday. To me….A lot of that blame is on Grier. I had a 2nd round grade on Austin Jackson. Deiter is a failed experiment as is Jessie Davis. I just think that with the assets we put into the OL…..It would look like New England’s line did yesterday. So, I don’t see how they deserved anything higher than a D -.

One more point on my grades….I don’t have an all 22 view of every play. I’m watching the network broadcast just like you are. This is what I base my grades on. My grades are intended to start a conversation. That’s all. 1 Miami Dolphins Fan’s opinion. Feel free to criticize them whenever you want.

A long time ago a ver wise man said........nothing

I'm not that wise but I won't say nothing either.

The olive needs to step up and play better. Just like many have said. I don't think there is any way to upgrade during the season without a trade of some sort.

Plenty to work on, but i remember a time when we would be blown out by 30 in this game to NE. Maybe it's a combination of us getting better, and Tom Brady not being there. I hope it's more of us getting better, time will tell. Tough road win to start the season, I'll take it !!!
It is not your typical NE. I don’t think they will make the playoffs.

I had mentioned this before the game, but I think this is actually by design from Belichick. Going back and watching film, you could see a lot of Tua's pre-season success was up the middle. You take away the middle of the field and make him use his arm to throw to the sidelines.
Very true!

radio bremen omg GIF by funk

not sure if you know but he was just throwing the ball away but got hit and that's why the ball didn't make it out of bounds. It was not a bad play as he was doing the right thing but got hit.
He got hit AFTER he threw the ball. He was under duress for sure.

Screen Shot 2021-09-13 at 7.37.10 AM.png

I’m concerned about Tua in some aspects but you’re comments about him not being able to throw a deep ball are moronic. those passes he threw were designed to hit where only his WRs could catch the ball avoiding a pick. And that pass to Albert Wilson was great, the defender made an outstanding play
My friend. First of all, calling my comments moronic is moronic. If you know anything about football at all, beyond your basic watch and see, then you would know that the pass to Waddle was well underthrown and not on purpose. I'd give you that if he back-shouldered the ball but he didn't. Waddle had to come back and make an incredible play. He had his man beat and had to come back for the ball. The pass to Parker was just a prayer that was answered. Not designed at all. That was our receiver just making a play. The pass to Wilson, IS LATE, hence the defender was able to catch up. That ball should've been put where it was at least a second sooner and it would've been a TD. He is not accurate enough to put the ball where he wants deep and that's the problem.

You can pour syrup on **** but that don't make it a pancake. If you watch any of the top QB's in the game, they don't miss those throws. They just don't.

I'm going to go back and say the throw to Parker, upon watching it again, was a nice ball. Need to be fair and honest. Waddle had his man beat by 2 steps, so I refuse to backtrack on that on as well as the late throw to Wilson.

My friend. First of all, calling my comments moronic is moronic. If you know anything about football at all, beyond your basic watch and see, then you would know that the pass to Waddle was well underthrown and not on purpose. I'd give you that if he back-shouldered the ball but he didn't. Waddle had to come back and make an incredible play. He had his man beat and had to come back for the ball. The pass to Parker was just a prayer that was answered. Not designed at all. That was our receiver just making a play. The pass to Wilson, IS LATE, hence the defender was able to catch up. That ball should've been put where it was at least a second sooner and it would've been a TD. He is not accurate enough to put the ball where he wants deep and that's the problem.

You can pour syrup on **** but that don't make it a pancake. If you watch any of the top QB's in the game, they don't miss those throws. They just don't.
It shows you don’t watch much football or the top QBs in this league
They all throw passes where only their guy can catch it
As for Waddle, I never brought that pass up. Ok, so he threw a bad pass, move on from that

Ummmm….It doesn’t feel like a win. Yes, we went up to Foxboro and beat the Patriots. Yes, we’re in first place in the AFC East all by ourselves. However, we should have blown this team out. On the flip side, we did get the W. That’s what really counts. On to the grades:

QB’s — C + : We still don’t really know what we have in Tua yet. That’s unfortunate. I was hoping for a WAY better performance today. What we got was a pedestrian Tua. While it was good enough today…Will it be good enough down the road? I tend to think not. As for excuses..There were drops. The OL was awful. The Defense couldn’t get off the field. All valid. I’ll say this though…The excuse making doesn’t have long before someone has to say that maybe Tua isn’t the answer. I don’t know when that will be….But unless he starts showing me more than he did today… It’s going to be rather soon. As for inserting Brissett into the short yardage situations…It worked….Until we got a little too cute.

WR’s — B - : I thought Parker was very good today. He did have one drop that hurt…But the defender also got his hands on that ball. Waddle is a definite keeper. Damn is he quick. I liked the way he played today. Overall, the receivers were OK. I was a little concerned with the lack of separation at times…But not a bad game.

RB’s — B - : Gaskin had a very good game. Especially as a receiving back. Ahmad is Gaskin’s clone and also had a good receiving game. They both had some good runs and got some yards when it counted. Brown got some tough yards at the end as well. Overall a decent performance by this unit.

TE’s — C - : Gesicki was OK. As a whole though, this unit was kinda invisible today. They get a C- and I’m hoping for more next week.

OL — D - : Absolutely putrid. To be honest it was embarrassing. If it wasn’t that they helped get the running yards at the end that got us that last first down, this is an F. Eichenberg got run over and looked out of his league for extended periods today. The only lineman that didn’t embarrass himself today was Hunt. Chris Grier has failed miserably at finding competent linemen. Look at Deiter for instance…..He is NOT the answer at center….He’s a liability. Another failed Chris Grier experiment. This unit better step it up quickly, or this is gonna be a long season.

DL — D + : Wow. The Davis injury was crushing. I’m hoping it’s not serious. As for rest of the lot… We couldn’t stop the run. We got almost no pressure. We couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down. I mean…. You didn’t have to be Nostradamus to know the Patriots game plan. We still couldn’t stop it. Where was Wilkins all day? I’m sorry….But that wasn’t good enough.

LB’s — C - : AVG was invisible. Jaelan Phillips was invisible. Baker was decent but got beat on the loft throw by Jones to the RB for a long gainer. This probably should be a D.

DB’s — B + : Well…Howard earned his pay today. He is easily the best player on this team. Holland had a nice hit. Rowe was OK. Jones was actually good today. Not a bad game at all by this group. HOWEVER, I hate that the coaches had them playing off coverage a lot of the game. I blame the coaches.

ST’s — C + : Sanders was good as usual. The coverage units were on. Palardy was not what I expected today. He needs to pick it up.

Coaching and Front Office — D : Again….I don’t like the off coverage late in the game. But…Flo had the team ready. His defense was tired as hell and still got the turnover late. I give Flo and the coaches full marks for that. As for Chris Grier….He brings this grade

Back
Top Bottom