Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition

It shows you don’t watch much football or the top QBs in this league
They all throw passes where only their guy can catch it
As for Waddle, I never brought that pass up. Ok, so he threw a bad pass, move on from that
One bad pass? Haha. I guess only our sideline players could catch the fade to Gaskin, so you're right there if not being on the field of play counts. The kid cannot stretch the field at all! Watch his choppy footwork, watch his lack of accuracy missing open receivers, his poise under pressure was atrocious and has been atrocious. I'm sorry that you cannot see what a great QB is but that is not it. That was journeyman play. The throws he hit are not difficult for any QB in the NFL.

Do you actually think our front office would have been talking about Watson still if they truly believed in Tua? Do you think his teammates and coaches would have voted him a captain if they truly believed in him? Only non-rookie qb not named a captain by his TEAMMATES. They see it, I see it, some others see it but you are blinded by your love of the guy.

Especially the sideline pass to Parker he had a step on db. If pass isn’t underthrown it’s prob a td
It wasn't a bad ball but I don't think his placement was where he wanted it. The one to Gaskin (I believe it was him) on the sideline was awful. If people don't realize that you just cannot continually miss and be late on those throws, I don't know what to tell them. They just don't get it.

One bad pass? Haha. I guess only our sideline players could catch the fade to Gaskin, so you're right there if not being on the field of play counts. The kid cannot stretch the field at all! Watch his choppy footwork, watch his lack of accuracy missing open receivers, his poise under pressure was atrocious and has been atrocious. I'm sorry that you cannot see what a great QB is but that is not it. That was journeyman play. The throws he hit are not difficult for any QB in the NFL.

Do you actually think our front office would have been talking about Watson still if they truly believed in Tua? Do you think his teammates and coaches would have voted him a captain if they truly believed in him? Only non-rookie qb not named a captain by his TEAMMATES. They see it, I see it, some others see it but you are blinded by your love of the guy.
I don’t love Tua, but I support him. And show me one quote from someone in the front office talking about trading for Watson…..you can’t so shut it already, stop getting your news from Omar.

As the saying goes: "Perception becomes reality"

Those who wanted to see an average workman like Tua outing as a glowing success perceived that to be.

Conversely those dug in against Tua, as if their FH reputation and credibility is at risk, perceived Tua's performance to amount to a lot less than it actually was.

Personally, I saw a need for some improvement, but a QB who got the job done when needed and who continues now beyond his HS and college careers to be a winner (70% so far and 2-0 against Bellychick.)
Have to also account for the struggles so many quarterbacks have had with a Bellicheck defense.

I thought Tua played well. A B kind of grade. Higher without the pick.

Pats strategy as long as we have X and a strong secondary moving forward.

1. Run the ball.
2. Throw to the TE's.

3. Play Action to WR's using picks.

They have a good o-line, so each game with them will be a dog fight since we can't seem to get any pressure on Mac.
That sounds like NE's strategy offensively for the past 20 years.

Belichick is known to be the best coach in the league and maybe ever who has the ability to take away what the opposing team does best. So if he thought that taking away the middle of the field and forcing Tua to pass the ball to the sidelines was the best way to beat the Dolphins, his defense did an excellent job taking away the middle of the field.
Yet in the end his team still lost the game and the Dolphins won and that’s all that matters,
What is Belichick's record without the GOAT? 53-59. He doesn't intimidate me, Brady does.

I don’t love Tua, but I support him. And show me one quote from someone in the front office talking about trading for Watson…..you can’t so shut it already, stop getting your news from Omar.
Are you just not smart? Use Google. I'm sure someone from the front office is going to go to the media and express their interest. I'm sorry but it was reported they reached out to the league office to check his status. Separately reported that Ross wants him. You can't possibly be that naive. You do realize the trade would be made tomorrow for the right price, right?

My gripe with Tua has nothing to do with him, but his inability. I'm sure he's a great kid. I want my team to win no matter what. I'm tired of this same **** for 25 years! I'm also tired of fans not being objective. It's either the refs are anti Miami or some other bullshit. I just want to win and you need a top notch QB these days.

Are you just not smart? Use Google. I'm sure someone from the front office is going to go to the media and express their interest. I'm sorry but it was reported they reached out to the league office to check his status. Separately reported that Ross wants him. You can't possibly be that naive. You do realize the trade would be made tomorrow for the right price, right?

My gripe with Tua has nothing to do with him, but his inability. I'm sure he's a great kid. I want my team to win no matter what. I'm tired of this same **** for 25 years! I'm also tired of fans not being objective. It's either the refs are anti Miami or some other bullshit. I just want to win and you need a top notch QB these days.
Google??? And you’re asking me if I’m smart? Ha
Dude, yes, the internet never lies. Fool

listen, get me a quote or didn’t happen. I feel like I’m arguing with a 10 year old at this point

Thanks Zim. Fair assessment. Happy for the win especially in NE, and -- we have a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball to make a serious run at the Division.

That punter is no Matt Haack. This is a liability. I used to count on him bailing out the offense on the multiple 3 and outs so not sure why we let him go.
My son and I both said this and we were at the game. Where is Haack this guy (will not learn his name) just blows. It was VERY noticeable

Google??? And you’re asking me if I’m smart? Ha
Dude, yes, the internet never lies. Fool

listen, get me a quote or didn’t happen. I feel like I’m arguing with a 10 year old at this point
It's not the onion reporting this. These are major news outlets, and not Omar. Smoke...fire.

If you're arguing with a 10 year old, you just lost badly. You can't provide one assessment of why the QB play was good and your response to multiple outlets reporting our interest as of last week is..the internet lies. Hahaha.

I would give Tua a B- the Oline was really bad on obvious passing downs.

Waddle had a big drop on 3rd down right when Tua seemed to be getting in a grove again.

Gesicki was nowhere to be found how was he ok?

Secondary play was elite

Waddle absolutely should have caught that ball, but you never want to make a WR extend like that unnecessarily with the ball slicing away from them.

That was a tougher catch than people are realizing and the throw needs to be better too.

Im good with most of these Zi.

I am with them when I say dont bother getting pissed with Chris Grier every week. I think we've been thru like 4 OL coaches and what 3 or 4 OC's since Flo has been in charge. OC's adjust the blocking scheme just as much as the OL coach helps with them. Granted the talent might not be great there, but it has had zero consistency.

And other than bragging rights and being first in the AFCE after week 1, it really didnt feel like a win to get super excited about. I guess with the hype we are trying to have on this board and demanding twitterverse to give us, it felt like we lucked into a win. I almost think we would've gotten more respect had NE took the lead at the end and Tua drove us down field for the game winner as opposed to X sealing the deal.

I guess Mike G did his job because BB made sure he took him out of the gameplan freeing up others? In chat it was discussd we needed the better blocking TE's in the game to cover for our OL. I hope this isnt a full season thing or else we are losing one of our best weapons.

But between drinking, cooking, and outside organizing some landscaping, i really dont remember a whole lot about game other than i dont think i was impressed with the win. Its kind of good though that we are at the point where we are upset with wins instead of hype just to squeek out a victory

I guess this win means more to you if you think the Pats are a good team.

Personally I think they are AFC bottomfeeders this year and win 6 games max, with two probably being against the Jets.

There is nothing hard about going into NE, Bill B is just a mediocre coach who lucked into one of the best QBs of all time in an era where QB play alone wins games.

Subtract Brady and NE is just ****. I don't consider it a win to go in and beat a team barely better than the Jags and Houston.

Its fine to be happy we won, I am, but I'm not going to act like its an accomplishment.

Back
Top Bottom