Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 1 Edition

Think everyone expected a tough, low scoring slog between these 2x coaches and teams …

Will be interesting this week how the WRs look with Fuller added in, but no pass rush and weak OL will continue to be problems all year. Will see if Phillips can make a difference at some point.

Its also a challenge to have a tough front end of the schedule …. AND we won’t start off 0-2 !!

Wooo!

It's not the onion reporting this. These are major news outlets, and not Omar. Smoke...fire.

If you're arguing with a 10 year old, you just lost badly. You can't provide one assessment of why the QB play was good and your response to multiple outlets reporting our interest as of last week is..the internet lies. Hahaha.
Haha, I lost badly? Because you can’t provide proof of your “google” proof. Move on youngster because you’re too laughable at this point

Gesicki played less than 50% of our offensive plays. Getting the feeling he's not in our long term plans. Maybe the Long pick makes sense.
I could be wrong, but I think it had more to do with keeping a TE in to block. I am not as high on Gesicki as most, but it was game 1, and we won, so I will cut everybody some slack. However...it's Tuesday morning so...

Motivate Laurence Fishburne GIF by Where’d You Go Bernadette

;-)

Think everyone expected a tough, low scoring slog between these 2x coaches and teams …

Will be interesting this week how the WRs look with Fuller added in, but no pass rush and weak OL will continue to be problems all year. Will see if Phillips can make a difference at some point.

Its also a challenge to have a tough front end of the schedule …. AND we won’t start off 0-2 !!

Wooo!

I didn't know what we had going in. However, with the way Wilson practiced, adding Waddle, a healthy Parker, etc. I sort of expected (or should I have said, I was very hopeful) that our offense would be explosive. However, it was just okay, so I think that is where a lot of people are coming from. They were expecting a little TNT, but instead got sparklers. It was enough to win. I am very happy, but I can understand how people feel underwhelmed-even if we are being a little unrealistic.

Joaquin Phoenix Film GIF

I hate that I have to say this, but they are not asked to do the same things.

Its like comparing an interior Dlineman to a strong safety. The scheme/philosophy is so dissimilar, any comparison has very limited validity, beyond the superficial.

I'm not saying Philips had a good game. He didn't.
They were on Sunday. Phillips was not asked to play in pass coverage on Sunday:

Linebacker: Rookie Jaelan Phillips played only 22 of Miami’s 75 defensive plays — slightly less than Brennan Scarlett’s 26 — and rushed the passer on 20 of those snaps, producing just one pressure.

The Dolphins used Phillips several times in pass coverage in the preseason finale against Cincinnati but opted not to do that Sunday

The offensive line is young. I did not expect them to come in and be world beaters right from the beginning. As long as Tua is not getting pounded I am okay. They will eventually get better the more they play together and when the actual roles are defined. Rome was not built in a day, and neither could an offensive line be. Two short years ago this team was a turd in the toilet. Now, everyone is fixing their faces to talk about playoffs. I am just happy to not be watching a team that is run by Philbin, Gase, or Cameron.

Haha, I lost badly? Because you can’t provide proof of your “google” proof. Move on youngster because you’re too laughable at this point
Yes, I provide you again with real assessment and tell you all you need to do is Google results in Watson. I'm not doing the job for you. Stories all over the place. Your absolute lack of knowledge of the QB position and reality are evident. Yes, you bring nothing to the argument at all other than your obvious want for a guy to be a player he's not. So please move on, old timer.

To All Concerned:

I just watched the All 22 film. As a result I am lowering the OL Grade to a F. I am raising Tua’s grade to a B -. I’m not sure any QB alive (or dead for that matter) could have been good with that blocking.

I guess this win means more to you if you think the Pats are a good team.

Personally I think they are AFC bottomfeeders this year and win 6 games max, with two probably being against the Jets.

There is nothing hard about going into NE, Bill B is just a mediocre coach who lucked into one of the best QBs of all time in an era where QB play alone wins games.

Subtract Brady and NE is just ****. I don't consider it a win to go in and beat a team barely better than the Jags and Houston.

Its fine to be happy we won, I am, but I'm not going to act like its an accomplishment.
they beat us the first game last season, with the ghost arm of cam newton running around.

it's nice to not have that happen again.

them winning 6 games would be excellent though, and if we started off that tailspin in any way, i love it.

Eichenberg had a good game. I think you are too focused on flash plays without understanding the play. Eichenberg looked like he was run over; instead, he was tripped by clumsy Kindley. I cannot for life of me understand how Eichenberg could have avoided it.

Yes, I provide you again with real assessment and tell you all you need to do is Google results in Watson. I'm not doing the job for you. Stories all over the place. Your absolute lack of knowledge of the QB position and reality are evident. Yes, you bring nothing to the argument at all other than your obvious want for a guy to be a player he's not. So please move on, old timer.
You have nothing but heresay from your favorite beat reporter Omar. Pathetic to say the least. Dopiest response ever. Yes, Google it. Ha! What a gas
AAF74A8C-64DE-43E1-BFBE-BD260D528396.jpeg

You have nothing but heresay from your favorite beat reporter Omar. Pathetic to say the least. Dopiest response ever. Yes, Google it. Ha! What a gas
View attachment 85493
Never read Omar in my life. I cannot read his stories as I would have to pay for the paper. So, like everything you post...wrong again. Where there's smoke, there's fire. There is no question the Dolphins would take Watson tomorrow for the right price.

How is it that we're been in "rebuild" mode for the last 20 years and the Patriots have one year of rebuild post-Brady and already look better in the QB position and OL position?

How is it that we're been in "rebuild" mode for the last 20 years and the Patriots have one year of rebuild post-Brady and already look better in the QB position and OL position?

Two things fans can't overlook. Top teams have a quality GM and HC. Until Grier/Flo, Miami had neither. NE had both. And they had no real rebuild. The team was assembled. Needed a Brady replacement. Give BB the team with Tbaum and that roster and tell me how long a rebuild would take.

Back
Top Bottom