Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition

****en Tua! Looks like we got a QB boys. Good overall effort and the bye week coming?? I don’t want to jinx anything….But if we keep playing like this we might be inline for the play…… On to the Grades:

QB — A : 30 of 41 and only 73.2% of his throws complete? Tua is regressing in front of our eyes ladies and gentlemen. It’s sad to see. 😐 Are you kidding me with this guy? Precise throws today. No real mistakes. A bunch of drops or he hits 88% accuracy today. QBR of 104.1. Brilliant. The rest of that AFC East is gonna have to just deal with it for the next 15 years.

RB’s — C + : 67 yards on the ground today. While that’s not great….it’s also not horrible. However, the RB’s typically chip in by receiving too….But today Gaskin only had 1 catch for 5 more yards. It was good enough for the win today…But we have to have more production in the running game if we’re gonna make the pla…….

WR’s — B + : Would have gotten the A except for the amount of drops today. Regardless, the production was good by The Penguin and Parker. They combined for 14 catches for 152. Nice job. Wilson and Hollins contributed as well. It’s amazing how Waddle has opened up the offense for the other guys. Good day by this unit….But a few too many drops.

TE’s — B - : Nice game by Gesicki today. 7 catches for 46…But like the receivers, he had a few drops that shouldn’t have happened. There was a Hunter Long sighting today!! Congratulations Hunter for your fist NFL catch! Now, if he can grab another 96 balls over the next 4 games he could be up for OROTY honors. 😐

OL — C - : For the 2nd week in a row, it’s not an F or D grade. They gave up a couple of sacks….Didn’t really open too many holes for the RB’s….But with this OL…The progress is that Tua actually had a few drop backs where he had some time. So we have that. This is definitely not a good line….And we need an overhaul in the off-season…But if they can play like this or even a little better we could possibly have a chance at the play…..

DL — B + : Nice job by this crew. Holding Barkley to 55 yards and the entire Giants team to 91 yards was key today. This unit also got in Glennon’s face a few times. This could have been an A if they could have gotten more pressure on their own…But overall a good day.

LB’S — A : Baker with a NICE day today. he was noticeable all day. How about Phillips? 2 sacks and 8.5 on the year? I missed on this kid BIG TIME. It’s going to be exciting to watch him the rest of the year and see what he can do…..Especially if we make the play…..

DB’s — A : Anytime you hold an NFL team to 9 points, your DB’s are playing well. These guys are definitely playing well. X with his 4th pick of the year was great. The Flying Dutchman should have had 2 picks on his own. If this unit plays like this the rest of the year….We might have a chance to make it as a wildc……

ST’s — B - : The returns by Waddle we’re just OK. Palardy had some decent punts today….. And Sanders missed a kick. An OK day by this unit. My concern is with Sanders this year. Could it be Palardy’s hold? Regardless, we did enough to win.

Coaching And Front Office — A : This team has done a complete turnaround this season. It’s almost as unbelievable and exciting as it is depressing. To think: if Flo had gotten these guys to play like this from week 1. Oh the possibilities. We coulda been a contender. No Matter. We’re here now and it feels good. Nice job by Flo and his coaches.
Agree with nearly everything except your take on the offensive line. It doesn’t need to be re-tooled in the off-season because the issue is not talent, it’s coaching. No assistant coach is more critical to offensive success than the O-Line coach. You could have all 1st round picks on the o-line and if the coaching sucks, so will the line.

Agree with nearly everything except your take on the offensive line. It doesn’t need to be re-tooled in the off-season because the issue is not talent, it’s coaching. No assistant coach is more critical to offensive success than the O-Line coach. You could have all 1st round picks on the o-line and if the coaching sucks, so will the line.
I think it’s a combination of coaching and talent which we lack both. We def need a vet or 2 on this line

Thanks for the write up, always look forward to these (especially when I can’t catch part of or the whole game).

I’d give special teams a C or C+… Sanders missed a kick but it was long… Palardy’s punts were overall pretty good but I think Waddle is an below average return man in the sense that although I want HIM to do the job exactly how he is, we still need to upgrade the position. Seems like we have him returning kicks only because we don’t have anyone suitable to do it, so they’re probably also telling him to just take it easy… either way, we are leaving a lot of yards out there on returns.

I’d also drop the grade on both WR and TE a bit simply because of drops. Several of them ended drives.

****en Tua! Looks like we got a QB boys. Good overall effort and the bye week coming?? I don’t want to jinx anything….But if we keep playing like this we might be inline for the play…… On to the Grades:

QB — A : 30 of 41 and only 73.2% of his throws complete? Tua is regressing in front of our eyes ladies and gentlemen. It’s sad to see. 😐 Are you kidding me with this guy? Precise throws today. No real mistakes. A bunch of drops or he hits 88% accuracy today. QBR of 104.1. Brilliant. The rest of that AFC East is gonna have to just deal with it for the next 15 years.

RB’s — C + : 67 yards on the ground today. While that’s not great….it’s also not horrible. However, the RB’s typically chip in by receiving too….But today Gaskin only had 1 catch for 5 more yards. It was good enough for the win today…But we have to have more production in the running game if we’re gonna make the pla…….

WR’s — B + : Would have gotten the A except for the amount of drops today. Regardless, the production was good by The Penguin and Parker. They combined for 14 catches for 152. Nice job. Wilson and Hollins contributed as well. It’s amazing how Waddle has opened up the offense for the other guys. Good day by this unit….But a few too many drops.

TE’s — B - : Nice game by Gesicki today. 7 catches for 46…But like the receivers, he had a few drops that shouldn’t have happened. There was a Hunter Long sighting today!! Congratulations Hunter for your fist NFL catch! Now, if he can grab another 96 balls over the next 4 games he could be up for OROTY honors. 😐

OL — C - : For the 2nd week in a row, it’s not an F or D grade. They gave up a couple of sacks….Didn’t really open too many holes for the RB’s….But with this OL…The progress is that Tua actually had a few drop backs where he had some time. So we have that. This is definitely not a good line….And we need an overhaul in the off-season…But if they can play like this or even a little better we could possibly have a chance at the play…..

DL — B + : Nice job by this crew. Holding Barkley to 55 yards and the entire Giants team to 91 yards was key today. This unit also got in Glennon’s face a few times. This could have been an A if they could have gotten more pressure on their own…But overall a good day.

LB’S — A : Baker with a NICE day today. he was noticeable all day. How about Phillips? 2 sacks and 8.5 on the year? I missed on this kid BIG TIME. It’s going to be exciting to watch him the rest of the year and see what he can do…..Especially if we make the play…..

DB’s — A : Anytime you hold an NFL team to 9 points, your DB’s are playing well. These guys are definitely playing well. X with his 4th pick of the year was great. The Flying Dutchman should have had 2 picks on his own. If this unit plays like this the rest of the year….We might have a chance to make it as a wildc……

ST’s — B - : The returns by Waddle we’re just OK. Palardy had some decent punts today….. And Sanders missed a kick. An OK day by this unit. My concern is with Sanders this year. Could it be Palardy’s hold? Regardless, we did enough to win.

Coaching And Front Office — A : This team has done a complete turnaround this season. It’s almost as unbelievable and exciting as it is depressing. To think: if Flo had gotten these guys to play like this from week 1. Oh the possibilities. We coulda been a contender. No Matter. We’re here now and it feels good. Nice job by Flo and his coaches.
Nice job, I would have probably given the RB's a lower grade for yesterday. I saw several things that were just a microcosm of why this unit is not up to snuff for a NFL team.

Gaskin - He just has no vision, he's a hard worker, but no no instincts. There were a few times were a real NFL RB plants his foot and hits outside as it was wide open, not Gaskins he keeps his head down and tries to ram his 190lbs right into a 320 lbs DL. He tried to get Tua killed yesterday by not picking up the blitz, that was obvious. Moose ripped him on that one on the call too.

Both Gaskins and Ahmed go down if a defender looks at them. It's time Grier and Flo get a starting caliber RB this off season. Lindsay showed signs of doing all that last week, but of course just the luck of Miami he was out. He's not the LT answer, but if he can stay on the field he should be RB1 the rest of the season.

Love the grades DZim, thanks for them.

Personally the play calling was a bit of an issue for me yesterday. I was texting a friend of mine who wasn't able to watch the game, and the amount of "Another run on first down up the middle for 2 yards" was killing me. we seem to be constantly doing that. Look, a lot of you know a heck of a lot more than I about what players are suited to, but surely some of these could be called as outside runs? Maybe Lindsay will help with that.

Love the grades DZim, thanks for them.

Personally the play calling was a bit of an issue for me yesterday. I was texting a friend of mine who wasn't able to watch the game, and the amount of "Another run on first down up the middle for 2 yards" was killing me. we seem to be constantly doing that. Look, a lot of you know a heck of a lot more than I about what players are suited to, but surely some of these could be called as outside runs? Maybe Lindsay will help with that.
There were several runs I noticed, that there was a lane to the left or right, but the RB dove...with our OL, they were probably accidents. Gaskin's vision is confusing. Maybe its a "if I tell you to run up the middle, you run up the damn middle" kinda thing...but opportunities were missed. Some of the gaps were NCAA level width, but what can you do...

The coaching grade has to include all the coaches IMO. I just can’t give coaching an A as long as the OL continues to struggle. Failing to open holes in the running game and giving up 2 sacks just isn’t good enough. If not for Tua’s quick release and the Dolphins short passing game, this OL would be giving up over 5 sacks a game.

I think the OL coach brings the entire coaching grade down to a B at best and the OL is no better than a D. Put Tannehill behind this line and he would have been sacked twice as much as Tua yesterday and throughout the season.

Otherwise as usual, I love seeing your grades after every Dolphin game.

OL - said elsewhere, how do RBs get more yardage when the D KNOWS the run is coming? And I credit them with the lack of penalties
RBs - for all those who want to move on from Laird, that sack wouldn't have happened had he been in the game. Need a pass pro RB. Looking forward to RB grades once Lindsey returns.
WRs - Nice to have DVP back. I'm certain the increase in Gesicki's receptions was partly due to DVP. Now MIA has 3 guys the D has to respect.
DL/LB - one more pass rush threat and this D will be fun.

Overall, a good game, but Gods HAS TO STOP runs up the middle on 1D

Thanks for the write up, always look forward to these (especially when I can’t catch part of or the whole game).

I’d give special teams a C or C+… Sanders missed a kick but it was long… Palardy’s punts were overall pretty good but I think Waddle is an below average return man in the sense that although I want HIM to do the job exactly how he is, we still need to upgrade the position. Seems like we have him returning kicks only because we don’t have anyone suitable to do it, so they’re probably also telling him to just take it easy… either way, we are leaving a lot of yards out there on returns.

I’d also drop the grade on both WR and TE a bit simply because of drops. Several of them ended drives.
Below average returner? Waddle is arguably one of the best players to ever return kicks and punts in college, it's not like all of a sudden he has lost his ability to be great at that. This has to fall back on our coaching considering Waddles body of work he put together in college.

Thanks Zimm for the grades Brother, great job! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to watch the game yesterday (I listened to it though) and they seem in line with what I listened to. Keep up the good work... :chuckle:
Spongebob Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Below average returner? Waddle is arguably one of the best players to ever return kicks and punts in college, it's not like all of a sudden he has lost his ability to be great at that. This has to fall back on our coaching considering Waddles body of work he put together in college.

Don't disagree, but I'm still uncomfortable with him as returner

Don't disagree, but I'm still uncomfortable with him as returner
I think he is cautious by design. The coaching staff knows how important he is to the offense and I think they have told him to just get as many yards as he can in the kicking game and then run out of bounds or just go down. It just isn’t worth him getting hurt returning punts or kickoffs.

While I believe he could be an excellent kick returner. I would be happy to never see him returning kicks at all and for him to just be on the field when the offense takes the field.

Back
Top Bottom