Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 13 Edition

Recievers B, to many drops for it to be any higher, special teams C, Sanders misses one every week, it's a concern, coaching B, no way we hould have not blown that team out, at home against a back up, and their best recievers out. Thank God for all the drops and missed passes by Glenon. Their offense looked like ours, only difference is our qb was a lot more accurate.

Great writeup and thanks for doing this every week. I really look forward to this thread.

At this point in the season, it's pretty obvious that Miami is going to have to win with the pass game and the defense.

I do appreciate that there's been more balance on offense the last few weeks. But that has to be the offseason focus. Get to an average running game and this team could be a real contender.

Thoughts on individual offensive line play?

Recievers B, to many drops for it to be any higher, special teams C, Sanders misses one every week, it's a concern, coaching B, no way we hould have not blown that team out, at home against a back up, and their best recievers out. Thank God for all the drops and missed passes by Glenon. Their offense looked like ours, only difference is our qb was a lot more accurate.
Fair points. A couple of key drops by the Giants could have made this a different game.

Not a thing of beauty, but a win just the same.

One guy who's mostly a forgotten player is Isaiah Ford. All he does is his job. 2 TD's in limited duty this year and continues to be the consumate pro. Came in cold off the bench and caught a TD. Under valued player by many fans. But a play every team needs.

Agree with everything but coaching, there were many times where the play calling was atrocious. The pass behind the sticks to Gesicki with no blocking makes no sense, are they throwing spaghetti at the wall when it comes to play calling?
I give coaching a C personally.

Brother Zim - thinking maybe you’re getting caught up in this win streak. Dont blame you in the least. Grades seem a little high across the board.

Of course, I could just be a bit salty still because of the wasted first half of the season.
Mind....You could be right on that. My grades may be a bit high... Especially on offense. But I really do grade on the curve. The OL is atrocious...So they really limit things like the running game, play calling...Etc. While I think they've played better the past few weeks..... A lot of that is the quick release of Tua. They haven't really been efficient in run blocking. I could blast them every week.... but that gets repetitive.

Below average returner? Waddle is arguably one of the best players to ever return kicks and punts in college, it's not like all of a sudden he has lost his ability to be great at that. This has to fall back on our coaching considering Waddles body of work he put together in college.
I didn’t watch much college. I am just going by what I see on the field now as a Dolphin and what I see is someone who is very conservative - will take the safe 5-8yards forward but isn’t looking for the big return (and potentially big hit).

As I said, I’m okay with that considering he is more valuable as a receiver, but I would want to have someone who does a more explosive job on returns.

2 or 3 drives killed by dropped passes or the score would have been higher

I think he is cautious by design. The coaching staff knows how important he is to the offense and I think they have told him to just get as many yards as he can in the kicking game and then run out of bounds or just go down. It just isn’t worth him getting hurt returning punts or kickoffs.

While I believe he could be an excellent kick returner. I would be happy to never see him returning kicks at all and for him to just be on the field when the offense takes the field.
Pretty much what I said with a much better explanation. I’m sure he’s good at it, but he’s being coached to take it easy. And I agree with that call too.

With that said, we could get more on kick returns than what we are getting out of him if we had someone out there just letting loose.

Mind....You could be right on that. My grades may be a bit high... Especially on offense. But I really do grade on the curve. The OL is atrocious...So they really limit things like the running game, play calling...Etc. While I think they've played better the past few weeks..... A lot of that is the quick release of Tua. They haven't really been efficient in run blocking. I could blast them every week.... but that gets repetitive.

All depends on baseline. If you're comparing to weeks 1 thru 3, the grades are good. If you're comparing to a 'real OL, not so much

Pretty much what I said with a much better explanation. I’m sure he’s good at it, but he’s being coached to take it easy. And I agree with that call too.

With that said, we could get more on kick returns than what we are getting out of him if we had someone out there just letting loose.
I think Lynn Bowden could potentially be a decent punt returner next year.

Brother Zim - thinking maybe you’re getting caught up in this win streak. Dont blame you in the least. Grades seem a little high across the board.

Of course, I could just be a bit salty still because of the wasted first half of the season.

During our losing streak Zim was giving everyone F's so it all balances out.

I think Lynn Bowden could potentially be a decent punt returner next year.
Great call. Almost forgot about him. It’s a shame they stashed him on IR with how our WR room has turned out.

I have not had a chance to look at the game a second time. All I have seen are best of broadcast videos, but Deiter jumps out as being so much better than our other centers in pass protection. He looks like a legit pro OL - punch to the chest, extension, moving his feet, and sticking with the block. WOW!

Back
Top Bottom