Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Grades For The Game: Week 5 Edition

The lack of a pass rush it what makes the D look so bad. You simply can't give Brady that much time or he will drop 45 on you, no matter who your CB is.

The FO knows this, it's why the drafted Phillips but he's not enough.

The OP is a bunch of crap.

Not Brisket's fault? That dude was throwing to ghosts. How many times is this guy going to throw the ball into the dirt? Brisket's accuracy is just garbage.

Baker should be released, right now.

Our O-Line greatly improved. I saw a lot of clean pockets and time to throw.

Thanks OP for the weekly reports. It has been a heartbreaking start with our collective hopes crashing down.

I saw more time for the QB than previous games, but nothing like Brady/Allen get from their lines. Brisset had a better game, but his decision making, accuracy and slow arm motion really hurt. He would not have been as successful if the CB's were not all backups.

I have no explanation about the defense. With our corners, why we play off the receivers so much. Why don't we play man to man and bump guys at the line. There were times our defensive front did cause some pressure and the CB's were 10 yards deep for an easy completion. Is the game plan?

Finally, Flores and NE's system worked when you have Brady making up for all the weaknesses. Unfortunately, playing from behind our defensive system doesn't work.

You can hear the cracks happening in the foundation of this current rebuild… its
About to collapse any week now. Hopefully when it does Grier is caught in the rubble.

The OP is a bunch of crap.

Not Brisket's fault? That dude was throwing to ghosts. How many times is this guy going to throw the ball into the dirt? Brisket's accuracy is just garbage.

Baker should be released, right now.

Our O-Line greatly improved. I saw a lot of clean pockets and time to throw.

Yup

Again…..Where do I start? I ask….If you give up 45 points in a game and only score 17…. Does anyone deserve a passing grade? Probably not. But here’s what I have:

QB — D + : NOT Brissett’s fault on this one. A respectable game against a very good defense. He wasn’t great and left more than a few yards on the field. But….You can’t blame Jacoby for the loss here. I almost gave him a C - but the offense only put up 17.

RB’s — D + : Gaskin played his best game as a Dolphin today. It’s a shame that it was done in this game. Ahmad wasn’t bad either in the few plays he was in. Again, not their fault we lost his one. The problem is The Dolphins put up 39 yards rushing. Gaskin upped this grade on his receiving day.

TE’s — D : Gesicki with a few nice catches. Smythe had 2 and Shaheen had 2 catches. The TE’s in total had 8 catches….Our receivers had 9. That’s sad.

WR’s — F : 9 catches. That’s it. Awful day. The Interception was Waddle’s fault. Williams had a nice catch and run early. Other than that…Nothing from this group. Keep in mind…This was supposed to be the strength of this team.

OL — F : Again. Moving Jackson to guard helped the line be a little better today. But they still aren’t good. The fumble by Brissett was on Austin “I Can’t Play Guard Either” Jackson. Davis was worked on more than a few plays. Eichenberg wasn’t stellar either. I did notice Mancz on a few downs. The crushing thing is they only helped put up 39 Yards rushing. All in all….This is an F…But it’s a better F than in the past few weeks.

DL — F : No Pressure. Can’t stop the run. Not sure what they’re good at. As of right now I guess they’re good at eating? I mean…. Just a bad effort….They gave up over 110 Yards rushing ….Still not as bad as…..

LB’s — F : Wow. This wasn’t just bad….This was atrocious. WTF was that? Jerome Baker was horrendous. Seriously, what is it going to cost us to cut him? Also, What happened to Van Ginko? Is he OK? The lone bright spot was Phillips got his first sack. Solid F. Disgrace.

DB’s — F : The other “strength” of our team. Are you ****ing kidding me with that effort? They all looked like they quit out there today. Pathetic.

ST’s — F : This grade is entirely on Palardy. Consistent 35 yard punts today. That really helped out our pathetic defense. Great Job Grier…. Signing a punter that can’t punt.

Coaching and Front Office — F : AGAIN. It’s getting old. All I really ever wanted is a coach that doesn’t make me scratch my head and wonder what the **** they’re thinking. Unfortunately, that seems like a pipe dream at this point. The specifics are too numerous to go into thoroughly….But here’s the main one for me: This team wasn’t ready to play today. Especially defensively. A bad effort all the way around. If we lose next week, in my opinion, Flores should be fired immediately. 1 - 4 is a horrendous enough start…But if we lose to Jacksonville, it should be the end of Flores in Miami. As for Grier…. I don’t know how he’s still allowed in the building. Someone please point out a Free Agent that worked out for us? Please? Just one. Palardy is the WORST punter in the league. McCourty is less than a JAG. I’m not impressed. Jones got torched today. Seriously…Grier has failed in every way possible. Here’s a quick Spoiler Alert…..We’re not making the playoffs this year.
Personally I think your grading is too generous!

well... we did play the defending world champs who brought back all of their players from the championship game....

That being said ...AT LEAST we looked like we could play football ...

the grades are fair IMO and I add the coaching staffs inability to get our players ready is a real problem...

What is it with this team? We get our a$$es kicked for 3-4 games each year (it seems,haven't researched) to begin the season then we start putting it together around game 4 or 5.... does the coaching staff use the first 2-3 games each year as an extended preseason?

I know it sounds crazy as hell but damn every year?

I would expect it the first year.... after that, improvement shouldn't need an APB or a BOLO

Sadly, this effort is becoming pointless. Once again, Fs for everyone. No need for analysis.

I give you credit for continuing.

This is a question - not a positive. Last week Frye was shown calling plays. It sounded like the announcers in the TB game said Godsey? was calling plays. Did I hear that right, and if so, how do the two compare?

This is a question - not a positive. Last week Frye was shown calling plays. It sounded like the announcers in the TB game said Godsey? was calling plays. Did I hear that right, and if so, how do the two compare?
I think you heard it correctly.

I think the biggest difference yesterday was leaving Malcom Brown out of the game plan and utilizing Gaskin properly.

Again…..Where do I start? I ask….If you give up 45 points in a game and only score 17…. Does anyone deserve a passing grade? Probably not. But here’s what I have:

QB — D + : NOT Brissett’s fault on this one. A respectable game against a very good defense. He wasn’t great and left more than a few yards on the field. But….You can’t blame Jacoby for the loss here. I almost gave him a C - but the offense only put up 17.

RB’s — D + : Gaskin played his best game as a Dolphin today. It’s a shame that it was done in this game. Ahmad wasn’t bad either in the few plays he was in. Again, not their fault we lost his one. The problem is The Dolphins put up 39 yards rushing. Gaskin upped this grade on his receiving day.

TE’s — D : Gesicki with a few nice catches. Smythe had 2 and Shaheen had 2 catches. The TE’s in total had 8 catches….Our receivers had 9. That’s sad.

WR’s — F : 9 catches. That’s it. Awful day. The Interception was Waddle’s fault. Williams had a nice catch and run early. Other than that…Nothing from this group. Keep in mind…This was supposed to be the strength of this team.

OL — F : Again. Moving Jackson to guard helped the line be a little better today. But they still aren’t good. The fumble by Brissett was on Austin “I Can’t Play Guard Either” Jackson. Davis was worked on more than a few plays. Eichenberg wasn’t stellar either. I did notice Mancz on a few downs. The crushing thing is they only helped put up 39 Yards rushing. All in all….This is an F…But it’s a better F than in the past few weeks.

DL — F : No Pressure. Can’t stop the run. Not sure what they’re good at. As of right now I guess they’re good at eating? I mean…. Just a bad effort….They gave up over 110 Yards rushing ….Still not as bad as…..

LB’s — F : Wow. This wasn’t just bad….This was atrocious. WTF was that? Jerome Baker was horrendous. Seriously, what is it going to cost us to cut him? Also, What happened to Van Ginko? Is he OK? The lone bright spot was Phillips got his first sack. Solid F. Disgrace.

DB’s — F : The other “strength” of our team. Are you ****ing kidding me with that effort? They all looked like they quit out there today. Pathetic.

ST’s — F : This grade is entirely on Palardy. Consistent 35 yard punts today. That really helped out our pathetic defense. Great Job Grier…. Signing a punter that can’t punt.

Coaching and Front Office — F : AGAIN. It’s getting old. All I really ever wanted is a coach that doesn’t make me scratch my head and wonder what the **** they’re thinking. Unfortunately, that seems like a pipe dream at this point. The specifics are too numerous to go into thoroughly….But here’s the main one for me: This team wasn’t ready to play today. Especially defensively. A bad effort all the way around. If we lose next week, in my opinion, Flores should be fired immediately. 1 - 4 is a horrendous enough start…But if we lose to Jacksonville, it should be the end of Flores in Miami. As for Grier…. I don’t know how he’s still allowed in the building. Someone please point out a Free Agent that worked out for us? Please? Just one. Palardy is the WORST punter in the league. McCourty is less than a JAG. I’m not impressed. Jones got torched today. Seriously…Grier has failed in every way possible. Here’s a quick Spoiler Alert…..We’re not making the playoffs this year.
Who was the last player that over performing his draft position? The only player on our team that has is Howard and he was drafted by TBum. How the F do these ppl still have a job. Some blame drafting some the inability to coach them up. It looks like a combination of garbage on both sides

Who was the last player that over performing his draft position? The only player on our team that has is Howard and he was drafted by TBum. How the F do these ppl still have a job. Some blame drafting some the inability to coach them up. It looks like a combination of garbage on both sides

Needham

Boom Again. Couldn’t have said it better.

Back
Top Bottom