Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 1 | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zim’s Thoughts On The Game: Preseason Game 1

Skylar showed me enough to not be willing to let him walk. I’m not a fan of Teddy bridgewater at all but u can’t jettison him for Skylar right now. Skylar I was impressed that he didn’t flush pockets, he climbed them well and majority of the time reset his feet and hitched to get the ball out off of a good platform. I liked that. I also liked how he kept his eyes down field.

First half he ran the ask of the offense well and that’s w/ no run game. The ask wasn’t much though. Second half he was sped up a bit more and u start to see just how raw he is. He about got himself in trouble w/ a couple secondary reads that ball over the middle shouldn’t have been thrown. Hes not as fast I was hoping that 3rd down scramble should have been converted but his white boy speed exposed itself

Overall w/ a 7th round pick right now all I wanna see is him executing his drops and hitches in the pocket and going the right place w/ the ball. He did that today. McD made it pretty easy on him w/ the calls I’ll say but that’s to be expected in this offense. Anything else like arm strength, shoulder placement, athleticism is just extra. He didn’t wow in any of those departments. But he showed an ability to execute better than most guys of that pedigree do. I would protect him.

Last edited:
Also Austin Jackson I was thrilled w/. Player wise he was the highlight of the night. That kick out looks first round worthy. The athlete looks awesome. 1st or 2nd drive he let a guy get inside on him and put on his heels but he used his strength and recovered. Thrilled w/ how we looks and after last year I had him written off.

OK…..I’m not going to grade preseason games. I’ll start my grade thread once we start playing for real. BUT….I’m still going to give my worthless opinion on the fake game against the Bucs. So…..On to my thoughts:

• Thompson is a keeper. Period. End of story. No way he makes it to the Practice Squad.
  • D’Angelo Ross is not a keeper. He had a bad game tonight and I’m pretty sure he’s one of our easier cuts.
  • Noah Iggy is also not good. Honestly…..2 Passes defensed in 2 years tells me everything I need to know. He got burned again tonight for a TD. Time to trade him for anything we can get.
  • The loss of Trill Williams hurts. A LOT. I like his game and I felt he was coming on nicely.
  • Solomon Kindley has eaten himself out of a job. He looked slow and sloppy.
  • The OL overall was just OK. No running game to speak of tonight. That’s a little concerning even if it is early. The pass blocking wasn’t bad though.
  • I like this Porter Gustin kid. I thought he played well.
  • Speaking of playing well….I noticed Tindall tonight. Pleasantly surprised there.
  • Is Hunter Long still on the roster? I mean….Should we send a Sheriff to do a welfare check? I’m starting to think he was a waste of a 3rd rounder.
  • Sanu Jr. is nice. Looked like a man that is confident.
  • Easy E is a keeper.
  • TOUGH CHOICES AT RECEIVER for the final cut down. We are loaded.
  • I’m pretty sure if Gaskin or Ahmad ever see an actual hole in a defensive line they’re going to fall down from shock.
  • I thought Coach McDaniel was poised tonight. He didn’t look out of his league at all. Congratulations to him on his first win.
  • I LOVE OUR OFFENSIVE PLAYBOOK! And we’re not even showing any of it yet. There’s the potential to be VERY dangerous on that side of the ball.
  • I thought Teddy Bridgewater did a great job of keeping the Surface Books charged tonight.
  • Not sure why we played Davis or Phillips at all tonight. Regardless, I was impressed by both of them during their short stint tonight.
  • Sanders is back to being MONEY again. Nice to see.
  • We definitely need OL Help. I know some people are saying it’s too early to come to that conclusion….. But I disagree. I’d like to see us pick up a center, guard or tackle by trade or off the waiver wire.
That’s all I have for tonight. A win is a win….So I’m happy. If I had to grade our performance tonight I’d say it was a C +. Some good….Some bad and a lot of in between.
I'm not feeling good about the o line...

Just be aware of calling him a beast. That particular player is a felon and piece of ****.

Edit: I was referring to that guy from Oakland, CA
Now, I am really confused! I was referring to Joe Pesci as a beast. lol

Nice win by the Dolphins, but tomorrow the only thing that happened in the NFL that the national media will be talking about is Buffalo's Matt Araiza's 82 yard punt. Not only 82 yards but 82 yards from the where he punted and where it landed.
Other than you bringing it up, I haven’t seen or read anything about Araiza’s punt. So I assume it’s only important to you and no one else.

Good stuff. I trust Skylar more than i do Bridgewater and wish we had Skylar instead of Brisket last year lol
I would have taken anyone over Brissett last year but why trust Skylar over Terry? Terry has at least had some success when healthy. Skylar played one preseason game

someone i know said this and ill summarize.

let him try thst **** with Hill or waddle playing that deep, see what happens

A lot of us wanted that punter. Obviously I hope whoever is back there for us can do some damage with his kicks but I'm not going to pretend like this forum wasn't kind of salivating over the guy just a few months ago.

Back
Top Bottom