Zito on the market | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zito on the market

Ray Finkle said:
I'm sure the Red Sox will be in the bidding for Zito. I know for a fact that Beane likes both Kevin Youkilis and Abe Alvarez. Maybe if we throw in those two and possibly Kelly Shoppach or Brandan Moss it could possibly be enough?

Although I can see Beane either resigning him (which he said he would try to do in the paper today) or trading him to an NL team like he did with Hudson and Mulder.
I would love Zito, if anyone remembers I wanted him long before he caught on fire this year.

Hostile7 said:
I would love Zito, if anyone remembers I wanted him long before he caught on fire this year.

Me too. Young lefty (27 or 28?) with tons of potential and former Cy Young winner. Sign me up too.

unifiedtheory said:
If Zito became a Met I expect a 20 win/ERA in the mid to low three's season. Rick Peterson knows how to get the BEST out of him.

The statistical evidence certainly supports such a conclusion. Zito's been a much better pitcher pre-2003 than after it, and that was when Peterson left to take the Mets job. As I said, for the last three years, he's basically been a better, more healthier version of Steve Trachsel.

Back
Top Bottom