Zito staying in the Bay Area.... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Zito staying in the Bay Area....

All the money the Red Sox spent getting their pitcher from the Japnese leagues doesnt seem so outrageous after all the monopoly money thrown around this offseason.

Took our damn pitcher........

Damn you MLB and no salary cap. Makes rooting for the A's kinda hard....
No worries my friend. In 2010 we'll have a new ballpark and that will stem the tide of the players leaving Oakland.

As much as I love Zito, I don't love him enough to make him the highest paid pitcher in the history of Major League Baseball.

If Harden is healthy he is a TRUE #1 pitcher and the ace of the staff. Throw in the continued ascension of Danny Haren and Joe Blanton and we have the making of a pretty good 1 through 3, with or without Zito. Loaiza is a serviceable and somewhat frustrating #4 and one of Kennedy, Gaudin, Windsor, Komine or Dan Meyer will fill out the #5 spot.

The bullpen is fine, as long as Huston Street gets healthy.

I think (speaking from a partial homer, partial objective point of view) the pitching is in good hands, as long as Harden stays in one piece for a whole season for once. You'd have to ask other points of view on this because, like I said, I'm a homer....LOL!

I'm a lot more worried about scoring runs then the pitching.

This is where MikeO chimes in with "they'll fold up in the playoffs again"...well, I just hope they make it there so they have a chance to fold up.

Back
Top Bottom